Status
Not open for further replies.

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
So literally every government and scientific institution is part of the conspiracy.

China, Iran, Syria, Russia, and so forth.

All in a big merry conspiracy to hide the salient facts, from you, the US public, about passive smoking actually not being that bad at all.

How exactly did that come about?
Looks to me like you have some serious research to do yet.

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif

BCRich2204

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2014
Texas
Ok, I'm a new member, lurker would be more exact and that's why this has to go here. I just read through a few posts in the "vaping in public" forum, and to be honest I'm disgusted for a lack of a better term.

Anyway, enough ranting. (Mentally preparing myself for the angry replies I will get)

Yeah, I don't understand it either. People are people & they find certain things offensive. As long as they don't get too out of line, & I don't have to change who/what I am to accommodate, I accommodate. But that's part of my character... I never try to force my whatevers on other people.

I look at it like cussing. There are some people you can say what you want, when you want around them. Others... not so much. I don't care what other people's hang ups are, if they don't want me vaping around them, I won't vape around them.

But... I'm in an office right now, my own. I don't share it with anyone. If I were told I can no longer vape when I want in my own office (I know it still belongs to the man), then I'll have a problem.

generic mutant

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
UK
Try doing some serious research, instead of playing with insults & propaganda.

Start here, it gives provides leads
Second-Hand Smoke: Smoke Screen? | PBS NewsHour | July 21, 1998 | PBS

Or here
FORCES International - Archive

Or here
Rampant Antismoking Signifies Grave Danger

There are tons more, links to studies, links to documents, .... see you in a few years.

Whether the EPA judgement is fraudulent is completely irrelevant in the scheme of things.

You don't seem to grasp that there is a *monumental* pile of data supporting the link between passive smoking and cardiovascular disease / adverse events. The picture with cancer and low exposure is less clear, doubtless, but there's solid evidence that chronic exposure is a risk.

You can't just pick a couple of studies that come up blank and say "These are the correct ones". All studies have uncertainty - that's what p-values are for.

I'm not going to read the Rampant Antismoking wall of text (actually kind of reminds me of Timecube, and that says something).

If you can't provide links to studies then *you have no evidence*. You might as well be claiming you're the Queen of Jupiter.

18Wheels

Nov 26, 2011
Quebec
Ok, I'm a new member, lurker would be more exact and that's why this has to go here. I just read through a few posts in the "vaping in public" forum, and to be honest I'm disgusted for a lack of a better term.

First, I'm a long time vaper myself. Moved from analogs and cig-a-likes combined to just e-cigs, pro-tanks, many different models and my go to right now is a AGA-T2 RBA on a Zmax mini. So... I understand.

However, It seems as if many people who posted in the public vaping threads are treating it as "I'm not smoking, therefor I have the right to do it where ever I choose to, and if you don't like it you are ignorant and wrong". Please... give me a break. There are many people with allergies to PG and even more people with sensitivities to smells like in perfumes and, guess what, vapor. Did you guys switch to vaping because you want to get your fix anywhere you want or because it will save your life? I can't even comprehend how someone can vape in the office or on the bus or at the movies right next to non-vapers and than complain about people complaining. You are the one who is exposing other people to something they don't want to be exposed to. Whatever there reason is, it does not mater please respect that. There is a lot of talk about freedom and the right to do what you want, but you are the one who is forcefully restricting other peoples right to clean, nicotine and PG free air.

Anyway, enough ranting. (Mentally preparing myself for the angry replies I will get)

No angry reply here, but any vaper worth his/her salt can easily vape anywhere and not get noticed. The problem is that some people are looking for that attention.

Some people will purposelessly let out a cloud in front of a no smoking sign because they want to show off there new toy and want to explain that its not smoke etc.

With a little common sense you will know where, when and why not. Almost 3yrs. of vaping and never had any such complaints. You know your always going to run into that holy-er than thou person that's ...... at the world. You just have to act accordingly and not push the issue.

HDRock

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2014
USA
Welcome ckn71nm to ECF. I still look at my surroundings to vape when I'm outside just as I did when smoking a cigarette.

Now when I'm in the car and vaping on one of my APV's I don't care. Wonder what those people on the roads think....hopefully more and more will be educated on vaping.

Always in the back of my mind is "will this be the day a cop pulls me over because of me vaping a big AVP that someone has called into the the Police station"?

Getting pulled over for vaping or even smoking a cig ,in your own car , is just plane bull

Being considerate doesn't just apply to vaping. The company I work for recognizes vaping as a potential "stop smoking tool" and actually reimbursed my purchase as part of their "Healthy living" program. But I have been told that I still have to take it outside and can't use it in the office. They helped me out and I will comply. Maybe I am a bit of an old fart - but common courtesy should never go out of style in my opinion. (HA - just had to add "vaping" to the dictionary so it wouldn't keep getting underlines as a misspelled word!)

autobiogphnation

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Chicago
My devices sit out in a holder all day on my work bench at work and that's where they stay all day long. I have a series of small quiet DC fans at my bench because I solder from time to time, I turn on the fans when I vape and I exhale towards the fans, which dissipates the vapor instantly. My flavors don't have strong smells and I don't make clouds so no one has ever complained nor even noticed.
My coworkers know I vape and I took time to educate them about what it is etc so that there is no confusion etc. I just don't do it in front of my boss or any of the other higher ups.

Other public places I limit myself unless I know it's OK. Restaurants are a no in my book because of food being around and generally younger people, but if its later at night and more of a drinking crowd, I'll stealth a bit. Movies, stores are a no in my book as well because I don't believe those are appropriate places for vaping. Enjoy your movie or get your shopping done, you can vape later.

My friends are all OK when I vape at their houses. Some of them vape, some smoke, so don't do either. But again, I'm considerate, no clouds. And my number one rule, never in front of their kids.

ckn71nm

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
ABQ, NM, USA
Try doing some serious research, instead of playing with insults & propaganda.

Start here, it gives provides leads
Second-Hand Smoke: Smoke Screen? | PBS NewsHour | July 21, 1998 | PBS

Or here
FORCES International - Archive

Or here
Rampant Antismoking Signifies Grave Danger

There are tons more, links to studies, links to documents, .... see you in a few years.

First link: A interview on television, showcasing two different opinions. Doesn't prove anything.

Second link: A judgement that states that "EPA publicly committed to a conclusion before research had begun". I admit, stupid, but does not invalidate the research, ergo proves nothing.

Third link: The opinion of some guy taken from his book. Doesn't prove anything.

Is that all you got?

Edit: I'm sorry if I offended you in my previous statement. Was not my intention. I just stated my opinion about an issue without referring to anyone in particular.

ckn71nm

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
ABQ, NM, USA
OK, I admit I’m getting a little tired of this “effects of SH smoking” thing. I’m as guilty as everyone else for participating and keeping this discussion going. Especially since this is a very emotionally charged topic, it’s easy to get nasty and offend people who have a different opinion.

I know that I won’t convince anyone who does not want to be convinced, just as much as no one can convince me that chronic exposure to SH smoke is not an extreme health risk. I even respect your opinion. I don’t agree, but I can truly say that you can believe whatever you want, and it’s OK with me.

I started this thread to get opinions about how people handle vaping in public, and how they react when they are asked to stop. Thanks to the participants who didn’t get sucked into the SH smoking sideshow, and I would really like to bring the discussion back on topic.

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
OK, I admit I’m getting a little tired of this “effects of SH smoking” thing. I’m as guilty as everyone else for participating and keeping this discussion going. Especially since this is a very emotionally charged topic, it’s easy to get nasty and offend people who have a different opinion.

I know that I won’t convince anyone who does not want to be convinced, just as much as no one can convince me that chronic exposure to SH smoke is not an extreme health risk. I even respect your opinion. I don’t agree, but I can truly say that you can believe whatever you want, and it’s OK with me.

I started this thread to get opinions about how people handle vaping in public, and how they react when they are asked to stop. Thanks to the participants who didn’t get sucked into the SH smoking sideshow, and I would really like to bring the discussion back on topic.

Thank you. That is a good call.

Roaring via Tapatalk

ckn71nm

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
ABQ, NM, USA
"I don't like it" is not a good reason to make something illegal. Why? Because I don't like it when people do that. So, if someone thinks it's a good reason, I win! :p

I agree that there is no reason to make something illegal just because someone doesn't like it. But should we do something just because it is not prohibited? If something I do bothers someone else, I usually take a good hard look at what I'm doing and why. In case of vaping I came to the conclusion that it's better to do it in a way that's OK with everyone.

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
I agree that there is no reason to make something illegal just because someone doesn't like it. But should we do something just because it is not prohibited? If something I do bothers someone else, I usually take a good hard look at what I'm doing and why. In case of vaping I came to the conclusion that It's better to do in a way that's OK with everyone.

Your choice is a valid one. It makes sense, and is well thought out. No doubt it suits you and I respect your choice.

I vape in many places that are 'gray areas' (not prohibited, not expressly allowed). I still use basic judgement, not in a crowd, not in a professional setting, etc.

It starts a few conversations, and I like talking about vaping to people who approach me. I have converted quite a few smokers this way. It suits my personality, and I am unlikely to change.

But neither of our methods are any better than the other's. They are just our ways.

Roaring via Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread