"Vaping is good for your health, but bad for the environment!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

IgnorantCig

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2015
new york
I hadn't heard of that claim before, until today that is, but that's exactly the comment that was made towards me when I was walking outside earlier today. It was made by a couple of girls, when they were walking towards me, and after they passed, one of the girls turned around and loudly made that comment so that I could hear it. It wasn't rudely said, or said in a rude tone, it was just annoying, like somebody is attempting to lecture somebody else, while the person lecturing has no clue at all about what they are talking about.

What are they teaching young kids in school these days?

As if I need to learn anything about vaping from a pair of 13 year old ignoramuses with not yet fully developed brains who have been spoon-fed anti-vape propaganda from someplace.

I just ignored them and actually chuckled to myself and I kept on walking and vaping, as I had no intention to engage with a couple of miniature SJWs in training, but I did find the encounter amusing, which is why I bothered making a thread about it.

When I walk down the street, I probably find a significant percentage of the people walking by to be doing or saying something objectionable or offensive, but I'm not going to think that it's my business to tell them so.

Where do people think that they have the right to make a comment to a vaper and attempt to lecture them about vaping?

Poor education, poor manners, poor upbringing, anti-vape propaganda and eco-green fanaticism/mental disease doesn't give anybody the right to say a single thing to anybody who vapes, as long as the person vaping is minding their own business and not disturbing anybody else.

I'll be taking a walk probably tomorrow along that same route, and hopefully I won't be running into any brainwashed, midget sized creatures and mini-SJWs in training who attempt to share their deep Einsteinian thoughts about vaping with me.

Bolivar

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2014
Surrounded by cows and wheat
If only all of life’s problems could confront us when we’re teenagers and know everything...

Personally, I’d prefer they were taught manners, then physics. They would soon find out the universe doesn’t revolve around them.

At least you took the high road.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
B9CBDB69-1ADC-48AC-A325-43594D463AC8.jpeg
I hadn't heard of that claim before, until today that is, but that's exactly the comment that was made towards me when I was walking outside earlier today. It was made by a couple of girls, when they were walking towards me, and after they passed, one of the girls turned around and loudly made that comment so that I could hear it. It wasn't rudely said, or said in a rude tone, it was just annoying, like somebody is attempting to lecture somebody else, while the person lecturing has no clue at all about what they are talking about.

As if I need to learn anything about vaping from a pair of 13 year old ignoramuses with not yet fully developed brains who have been spoon-fed anti-vape propaganda from someplace.

I just ignored them and actually chuckled to myself and I kept on walking and vaping, as I had no intention to engage with a couple of miniature SJWs in training, but I did find the encounter amusing, which is why I bothered making a thread about it.

When I walk down the street, I probably find a significant percentage of the people walking by to be doing or saying something objectionable or offensive, but I'm not going to think that it's my business to tell them so.

Where do people think that they have the right to make a comment to a vaper and attempt to lecture them about vaping?

Poor education, poor manners, poor upbringing, anti-vape propaganda and eco-green fanaticism/mental disease doesn't give anybody the right to say a single thing to anybody who vapes, as long as the person vaping is minding their own business and not disturbing anybody else.

I'll be taking a walk probably tomorrow along that same route, and hopefully I won't be running into any brainwashed, midget sized creatures and mini-SJWs in training who attempt to share their deep Einsteinian thoughts about vaping with me.
You might get some mileage out of something similar to the cards I printed up. It’s a gimp file if you’ve got a PC and a printer. All the software is free and unemcumbered by having to load spyware based stuff to make it work.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX

Nothing. Schools are no longer Institutions of Education, they are now more like part zoo and part indoctrination facility.

Just a side anecdote, my wife works at a middle school. Lately they have had so many kids refusing to go to class they has to change to block schedules. Then today they had kids pulling fire alarms and dispensing fire extinguishers in the hallway. They had to evacuate until the fire extinguisher mess could be cleaned up. In the past, they have had kids urinating in trashcans in classrooms, doing strip dances on top of desks, and of course fighting. Yes this is middle school and the kids are completely out of control. I take it back, I think zoo's are a lot more peaceful and organized.

Last edited:

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
Suggested reply - "So are Oxygen Thieves ... maybe try bumping your gums less and help SAVERAPLANET!" or stage whisper, "I always knew there was a good reason they made incest illegal!" And there's always - "Just keep taking the meds Kiddo and it'll all be fine!" and "OMG just think how much methane the cows produced before they got turned into the burgers you're stuffing into your face!"

I have many more, but I'm like that and run on a short fuse when confronted by the Brain Dead.

Last edited:

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Nothing. Schools are no longer Institutions of Education, they are now more like part zoo and part indoctrination facility.

Just a side anecdote, my wife works at a middle school. Lately they have had so many kids refusing to go to class they has to change to block schedules. Then today they had kids pulling fire alarms and dispensing fire extinguishers in the hallway. They had to evacuate until the fire extinguisher mess could be cleaned up. In the past, they have had kids urinating in trashcans in classrooms, doing strip dances on top of desks, and of course fighting. Yes this is middle school and the kids are completely out of control. I take it back, I think zoo's are a lot more peaceful and organized.

Yikes! What city is this in? Probably any city USA.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Yikes! What city is this in? Probably any city USA.
Middle school is famous for being particularly bad. Has to do with human brain development to some degree. It’s the age group teachers generally most want to not be in.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014

It makes you wonder what generation raised this generation, eh? It's funny, but I never hear anyone mention that when complaining about the children of today. ScottP, I am not calling you out or anything--just speaking in general terms about something I notice on a whole. There seems to be a consensual opinion that kids today are screwed up, but never what made them so.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Shucks, when I was in elementary school in oh...around 1971, 72... I entered a boys bathroom and approach the urinal to see a line drawn on the wall at eye level. Underneath it read "if you can pee above this line your local fire department needs you". It remained there for about a week if I recall correctly. What I do remember for certain was it was not unusual to enter that bathroom and two or three boys pissing on the wall trying to piss above the line.

Regarding 13 year old girls spewing stupidity? Next time jump in the air and click your heals together after you've passed them by.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    ..but that's exactly the comment that was made towards me when I was walking outside earlier today..
    I wonder if they make similar comments to everybody they see flickin' a cig .... on the ground, or out a car window..

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    I always could produce a counter argument if anyone was interested in debate. Trouble is, They’re not. They want to judge and walk away. And to those people my response is always : If I’d wanted to hear from an ***hole, I’d have farted.

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    Years ago I was standing outside the office smoking with my boss, in the middle of downtown. Both in our 40's wearing suits and ties. I rolled my own then and I was down to the bottom of the bag and my cig was thin and misshapen. A couple of punk kids with spiky hair walked by, they stopped and looked at my cig and the boy said, can I have a toke man? I explained it was only a cigarette and they wandered off. They got about 10 feet away and suddenly the girl turned round and said in a loud voice "ARE YOU SURE?".

All four of us were falling about laughing. Quite a fun moment. Kids can be a bit righteous though. I'm sure I was.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2013
    Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
    To be fair to the girls, I have been ticked off quite a few times lately when getting out of my car or just walking through a parking lot. It seems some folks kept their old ways of just tossing their spent ciggobutts onto the ground, and now I am seeing empty pods, and old coils, on the ground in parking lots everywhere. Just sayin'...

ScottP

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    It makes you wonder what generation raised this generation, eh? It's funny, but I never hear anyone mention that when complaining about the children of today. ScottP, I am not calling you out or anything--just speaking in general terms about something I notice on a whole. There seems to be a consensual opinion that kids today are screwed up, but never what made them so.

Well, you haven't heard me complain then. I absolutely do blame parents. They have gotten to the point that when their little "darling" gets in trouble at school they blame the school, the teachers, and the principals while at the same time removing nearly all disciplinary tools a school can use to enforce rules. When I was in school, if I got in trouble I would get licks or detention and then when I got home I would get my a.. BEAT by my parents so I knew better. So school discipline has gotten lax due to cowing down to moronic parents. The main disciplinary tool they have now is "in school suspension" where the kids just go to a special class for the day which isn't even considered a punishment among the kids. Today's parents don't support corporal punishment, refuse to allow after school detention, and if the school suspends a kid, they lose money for that kids absences.

There are still some parents that are more "old school" like I was with my kid, but they are getting fewer and farther between.

ScottP

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    To be fair to the girls, I have been ticked off quite a few times lately when getting out of my car or just walking through a parking lot. It seems some folks kept their old ways of just tossing their spent ciggobutts onto the ground, and now I am seeing empty pods, and old coils, on the ground in parking lots everywhere. Just sayin'...

I haven't personally seen that, but it does not surprise me one bit.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread