Vaping is making me Nauseous – please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herb396

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
NJ
I have recently been getting a nauseous feeling every time I vape. I have generally been using 70% PG/ 30% VG at 16 mg nic. It does not come from over vaping as the feeling is almost immediate from the first draw. I’m really only now using an ice/ice menthol from vape dudes, which is pretty much flavorless. So this has me very concern as I feel I’mstill completely dependent on vaping tokeep me off cigs.

My vaping did change some after I recovered from a 10 week bout of bronchitis. Never had bronchitis before,really didn’t alot vape during that time as it was not condusive to my symptoms. But i did Fortunately I did not go back to smoking. Right after I recovered I started feeling nauseous when I returned to using the Fire / Ice juice I had come to love. However, I seemed to be just fine using my Ice/Ice. I put it down the Fire Ice for few weeks, then went back to it and almost immediately felt nauseous. So I figure, no biggie, I still like the Ice/Ice and had no effects. From there I would try a few new flavs, but they all seemed a bit off or unsatisfying.

Weeks later now and I am starting to get the same unsettling feeling when I vape my trusted Ice Ice. I went to a 50/50 split and even dropped the nic to 11 mg. Seems like I start getting a little nauseous just from smelling the juice.

Has anyone else been thru anything like this? I need help, I so love vaping for many reasons and feel I still need it to stay of cigs, but I fear that I’m having some kind of reaction.

Last edited:

SilentScreams

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Cottekill,NY
If you did not vape for 10 days then nic in your system completely left. It takes max 3 days to rid your body of nicotine. I would guess that you need to lower your nic level. You are most likely feeling the effects of a nicotine overdose.

I'm no expert but this is what it sounds like to me.

Reactions: Myankee286

JudeD

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2012
PA
I don't know if this relates to you or not, but do you have juice from different vendors, because there is one vendor who puts something in all their juice that makes it all have the same base smell and I can't stand it. I used to use their juice and love it, but after about two months, I started hating the smell of it and even had to take all their juice out of my juice drawer and store it somewhere else because the smell made me feel sick. It wasn't VapeDudes for me, but maybe something in their particular juice is offending you. Can you try juice from another vendor and see if that helps?

Hope you find an answer that works for you!

Bwig

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2010
kentucky
I did go through something similar to this early on when I first began vaping and it was to high nic. and vaping to much and not allowing my system to rid itself of the nic. I believe it takes much longer for our body to rid itselfs of the nic from vaping verus analogs. jmop. Allow yourself longer time between vaping and try a lower mg. nic.

JuniorNA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
NJ
@herb - I second Jude's discovery. I found that a certain vendor who shall remain nameless has a certain aroma in their juice, lets just call it "pepper" for the sake of argument. It was fine at first, but I always tasted it and didn't mind it, and slowly but surely, it got worse and crept up on me like a bad case of crabs. I started to absolutely DREAD the first vape of the day because I didn't want to feel the burning peppery smell/taste in the back of my throat so I had to try juices i hated just to avoid that morning vape...and as the day went on, my throat because more tolerant and i could vape it again.

Then after a few weeks, it got worse and my tolerance to that taste/smell got weaker and I started to get sick from smelling it, it started to smell like a 3 week old gym sock (don't ask how i know what that smells like) . I threw out about 100$ worth of juice and now when i even think of it, i get nauseous.

So maybe you're onto something, i would change juices and stick with it for a week even if you don't like the taste very much and see what happens.

MikeA5

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2011
Methuen, MA
When I first started vaping I was using low voltage devices (cig look alikes, ego's and such) and would get a nauseous feeling with certain juices and so I didn't vape those. Latter on when I started using VV and/or VW devices I found that some of those juices no longer made me feel nauseous as long as I vaped them at higher Voltages (Watts) but not so high that they tasted burnt but YMMV.

I had that happen with strawberry and apple flavors. When I first mixed them they were great, but as time went on, they became more and more acidic tasting, even when only using a tiny bit in a mix. I just developed an aversion to those particular flavorings. Try something non-menthol and non-cinnamon for a while, maybe something a bit more subtle and desert-like for a while, like cheesecake or blueberry cream.

cactus71

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2012
NM
I had that happen with strawberry and apple flavors. When I first mixed them they were great, but as time went on, they became more and more acidic tasting, even when only using a tiny bit in a mix. I just developed an aversion to those particular flavorings. Try something non-menthol and non-cinnamon for a while, maybe something a bit more subtle and desert-like for a while, like cheesecake or blueberry cream.
Happened to me as well with a Tropical Punch from a local vendor... started out fine but day 2 was just unbearable. Poured out my tank and gave the vial (or vile) to a friend who actually liked it. Can't explain it - it just was!

Herb396

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
NJ
Thanks for all the advice. I can't tell u what a hopeless feeling it is that comes over me when just thinking that I might not be able to vape anymore. I'm going to back to the drawing board and start a new search for a juice. I have a sample order in with a different vendor, and see if I can give the menthol stuff a rest (even thou two new bottles arrived today :(). As long as there is still hope, (and a little advice from my friends here) I will find a way. I do not want to go back to the cigs!

P.S. - No Cowdowg, I'm not expecting:p

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
If it was me I would try a 6mg nic unflavored 100% VG which has a tad of sweetness on its own... maybe a sample size just to see. If you didn't smoke or vape for that many weeks while ill your body wasn't used to nic when you started up again. I so remember getting sick when I started smoking as a kid. That's one thing and the other is no flavor because you might have started association juice smell with being sick. I vaped strawberry that made me nauseous and now I can't stand the smell of strawberries which I used to love.

Dana A

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2012
Iowa
I hope you get it worked out. All the way threw reading this I just keep feeling like it's nic poisoning. Maybe you just have to vape threw it for a day or two after being off nic for so many days. I get that feeling a lot in the evenings when everything is done for the day and I am just sitting watching TV vaping like crazy. All of the times I quit smoking for 3 days or 2 weeks LOL you know the drill I would get really sick feeling from each cig for a few days but needing my fix I always just smoked threw it till it went away. I didn't have the option to just lower my nic like we do with vaping. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread