Vaping isn't exciting anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maytwin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
SW France
Today happens to be my the 5th anniversary of being smoke-free thanks to vaping. Is it exciting anymore? No, not really. But I still love it and wouldn't give it up for anything.
Congrats @Rossum :thumbs: I join you at 5 years tomorrow and like you have no plans on giving up.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
March will mark my 9th anniversary vaping and shortly after starting to vape I bought my last pack of cigs. Vaping is probably going to be with me for the rest of my life. I really enjoy the inhale/exhale satisfaction of vaping since it simulates smoking. I'd probably be smoking today if it weren't for vaping and my health would be declining instead of getting better over time. I never wanted to quit smoking, so vaping was a great switch that still satisfied the desire.

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
For some it's a quit smoking or stay off smoking type deal and for others it's a hobby... For some (raises hand) it's a combo of both...

I started vaping back in late 2009, found this joint a few months later, singed up, and been off cigs since...

I don't vape flavored juice anymore and just vape plane ole vg/pg mix but I do still buy mods and devices every so often...

I never viewed vaping as exciting. I viewed it as a stay off cigs type deal. The gear used as that tool can be a bit of a hobby and keep it interesting...

I stop vaping every so often for a few months at a time but sadly the urge to smoke, even after all these years, eventually comes back. Instead of buying a pack of smokes I just bust back out the vape and have at it again...

If someone vapes for fun (not sure why anyone would) then I can see it getting old and stale after a while but if vaping to stay off the nasties, I don't see why it would need to be exciting..

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
It no longer excites me, either. I recently bought some net from Heather's Heavenly Vapes. The only new equipment that I have bought in a long time are ten DNA 75's boards to replace in Squonker when they give they give up the ghost. Today I am more interested in being free of a government controlled and taxed market than I am interested in new mods or new atomizers.

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
I've graduated almost entirely to vaping unflavored.

I've actually came to like the flavor of the unflavored.. Wait, does that make any sense? :p

Seriously though, I have.... I vaped some flavored juice the other day that I use to love and about hurled... GROSS! :D

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I've actually came to like the flavor of the unflavored.. Wait, does that make any sense? :p

Seriously though, I have.... I vaped some flavored juice the other day that I use to love and about hurled... GROSS! :D
Sometimes when I vape flavored on an RDA it becomes nauseating. Too much. Me, I love the chase of the latest, looking at new equipment, then selling it for a profit. Depends on what you want. To me vaping should be a matter of slapping wick and coil, getting batteries and a decent vape at the end of the day. I'm 20 days short of my 10th anniversary (although I joined the forum later).

NGAHaze

Infinity Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Georgia
New equipment holds little attraction for me these days but that was never why I started vaping in the first place. I started vaping to finally break my dependence on cigarettes like many of us here. I do still enjoy creating new ejuice recipes and trying ones that others have created so that keeps me somewhat involved but otherwise, yeah, that new car smell has definitely diminished a bit. :)

Probably not too surprising given that just days ago I passed my 8 year ECF vapeversary. :D

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
Sometimes when I vape flavored on an RDA it becomes nauseating. Too much. Me, I love the chase of the latest, looking at new equipment, then selling it for a profit. Depends on what you want. To me vaping should be a matter of slapping wick and coil, getting batteries and a decent vape at the end of the day. I'm 20 days short of my 10th anniversary (although I joined the forum later).

I don't remember my exact quit date but it was 3 or 4 months before I joined here in Jan 2010 so I'll guess August 2009 was my quit date... I bought a Smoke 51 kit (garbage) at a mall kiosk and away I went...

It was garbage and I was getting frustrated with vaping and about to give up. Joined here and started the learning process... Had it not been for ECF I would have given up on the Smoke 51 (did I say it was garbage) and went back to smoking...

Here was that pile of poo I started on.. The video is from 2009 and about when I would have bought it. I think it was like $200 for the 'kit' and a pack of 5 cartridges was like $20... LOL

Last edited:

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana

Be sure to remind us in 20 days. That's pretty cool. I don't recall seeing a 10 year anniversary on here before.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I don't remember my exact quit date but it was 3 or 4 months before I joined here in Jan 2010 so I'll guess August 2009 was my quit date... I bought a Smoke 51 kit (garbage) at a mall kiosk and away I went...

It was garbage and I was getting frustrated with vaping and about to give up. Joined here and started the learning process... Had it not been for ECF I would have given up on the Smoke 51 (did I say it was garbage) and went back to smoking...

Here was that pile of poo I started on.. The video is from 2009 and about when I would have bought it. I think it was like $200 for the 'kit' and a pack of 5 cartridges was like $20... LOL

Very much like what I started with, it was shorter and came with a PCC that kept a battery charged. It was quite rad at the time, but it didn't last long. In June (my join date) I bought my first 901 and the chase began...

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I tend to go through lulls where it's just vaping and maintenance. I do get happy with ordering new stuff like this fall/winter about every other year or so. There wasn't much released last year that interested me honestly. This year there were a few things that made me sit up and take notice this year like the rash of single coil rebuildables and single cell 21700s.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
March will mark my 9th anniversary vaping and shortly after starting to vape I bought my last pack of cigs. Vaping is probably going to be with me for the rest of my life. I really enjoy the inhale/exhale satisfaction of vaping since it simulates smoking. I'd probably be smoking today if it weren't for vaping and my health would be declining instead of getting better over time. I never wanted to quit smoking, so vaping was a great switch that still satisfied the desire.
You took the words out of my mouth. That above statement is me, except April 2019 will be my 7th anniversary. :thumb:

Funny, I never found smoking to be exciting. I didn't start until I was 21, so its wasn't a "forbidden fruit" kind of thing like it is with teens and pre-teens. Like many who start out smoking, I always thought that I could quit at any time. :rolleyes: After being addicted for 35 years and failing multiple times to quit using the gum, patch, prescription aids, and hypnosis I tried vaping and quit smoking within a week.

I suppose there was a time when vaping was exciting. I didn't actually know any real life vapers for the first 6 months that I vaped. I learned everything from You Tube videos and ECF. The first B&M vape shop in my state opened at that point in time (2012), and I was so excited to visit it and meet other vapers. It was a two hour drive, but worth it. A couple of years later I would become a salesman for that vape shop owner.

I went through the collector, shinyitis phase of vaping. Now I only make purchases when a particularly outstanding product (to me) becomes available, which isn't all that often these days.

Vaping still feeds my nicotine addiction and behavioral dependency; I'm convinced I'll vape until my last day on earth. I'm still excited to hang out on ECF and trying to help new vapers enjoy vaping however I can.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread