Vaping isn't exciting anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
I can see lulls in the excitement factor. Then again nothing about smoking was exciting for me in my adult years. It's not like there were any innovative changes, a cigarette was a cigarette. With vaping constantly changing there's always something new coming out to look into.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
It used to be exciting thinking about all the new stuff out there, with the buzz you get opening a new box and figuring out how to work it. Like vaping would get better and better. Now I've got gear I like and know how to operate. There might be something out there I would enjoy slightly more but I can't be bothered to go looking for it. Occasionally doing wicks and coils seems like a chore, but I'm retired with plenty of time and mostly I enjoy doing it.

So it's sort of not exciting but still fun. That tends to happen with any hobby. But vaping is a little different because it's not just done for fun, it has an important purpose so even if it became just a chore I would still do it.

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    I never viewed vaping as exciting. I viewed it as a stay off cigs type deal. The gear used as that tool can be a bit of a hobby and keep it interesting...

In other words, you are not Tommy Smokes :w00t:

yeah I am just like you.... I have battled tobacco products since the age of 9 (smoking and chewing) …. I used chew to quit smoking (which worked) but then found myself addicted to chew which is loaded with nicotine and also contains many of the same toxic products that are in smoking tobacco.... I smoked for approx. 40 years.

I quit vaping quite a few months back but then started again Yesterday, wishing I hadn't originally quit vaping as I was chewing even more tobacco then.... Needless to say, I started vaping again Yesterday as my mouth is about ready to rot out from all of the years of chewing.... Hopefully, this go around, I will be able to quit chewing 100% via vaping....

Unfortunately, when I quit vaping awhile back I threw a great deal of my stuff out.... The rest that I kept either rusted or the mice got to it has I had it in storage. So, I literally had no way to vape even if I wanted to. But there were a couple of wonderful friends of mine on this forum who conspired together and set me up with a brand new vaping system (mod and tanks) !! They probably don't want to be mentioned but I am going to anyway because these two friends of mine are the truest type of friend that a person can have.... I am speaking of none other than @DPLongo22 and @Katdarling … Wonderful people and good friends of mine....

No folks, DPL and Kat are all mine, and you can not bug them for vape gear ;)

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2018
    Has anyone of you gotten bored from vaping yet? The excitement of buying new fancy stuff and trying flavors etc has been long gone for me.

Quit. Stop using altogether and just breathe clean air. That has been my goal from the very beginning. For me, vaping was just the 1st step.

Last edited:

Jebbn

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2018
    safe distance from a black hole
    Exciting? Vaping? What kinda boring as life would you have to lead where vaping would be exciting? Ive never considered vaping to be exciting! its more of a chill, switch off, put my feet up, not think about what Im doing sort of thing. Its a secondary.... or thirdary..... thing to what ever else Im doing...:unsure:
    :unsure:........unless Im just sitting vaping and am focused just on vaping, checking for nic potency and how it affects my demeanor , coil build efficiency or temp, wick taste, tank comparison etc....then vaping is firstary, its the thing Im doing, it might not be exciting but its kinda interesting.

Maybe you mean not as interesting rather than not as exciting.?

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I began to realize that smoking was going to be something I'd have to deal with in my last year before retirement. I was a tech rep with a company vehicle and I smoked in the van while driving to and from calls for decades. With the last minivan trade the company invoked a rule that forbid smoking in company offices and vehicles. You could pull over and smoke and then continue on, but no smoking in the vehicle. I'm sure that had something to do with vehicle lease trade-in value as well as health concerns with managers and tech support people who rode with tech reps periodically and hated to ride in a smoky smelling vehicle.

I remember driving to Montgomery, AL for a product training school right before I retired. I had to pull over to smoke for the 4 hour trip each way. Bummer! I stopped lots more frequently than normal just to get out and smoke at exits. While I was in Birmingham at the training seminar the company announced the best early retirement deal ever. After 36 years with the company I got a sweet deal and grabbed it at age 59! The Birmingham trainer and my field service manager grabbed it, too. Lots of employees took the offer.

I switched to vaping right after I retired.

Last edited:

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    I'm still excited every day that I no longer smoke, that is good enough for me.

I can't even remember what it felt like to be a smoker. Never think about it. Same with drinking alcohol. I know I used to do those things but the memory has no feelings attached. Guess there's no fear attached to the memory either, although consciously I know I could fall back into the hole if I was careless.

I've read that the way to stop a bad memory sticking around and becoming traumatic and fearful is to overpower it with new good memories. The bad memory loses it's power in your head. Guess for me the semi-obsession with vaping early on was powerful enough to extinguish the bad feelings attached to smoking.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Today happens to be my the 5th anniversary of being smoke-free thanks to vaping. Is it exciting anymore? No, not really. But I still love it and wouldn't give it up for anything.

CONGRATS, Rossum, and HAPPY VAPE DAY!!! :thumbs:

Congrats @Rossum :thumbs: I join you at 5 years tomorrow and like you have no plans on giving up.

...and (almost) you too, Ms. Twin!!! :D

New equipment holds little attraction for me these days but that was never why I started vaping in the first place. I started vaping to finally break my dependence on cigarettes like many of us here. I do still enjoy creating new ejuice recipes and trying ones that others have created so that keeps me somewhat involved but otherwise, yeah, that new car smell has definitely diminished a bit. :)

Probably not too surprising given that just days ago I passed my 8 year ECF vapeversary. :D

...and :thumbs: for Da Haze! :vapor:

They probably don't want to be mentioned

Mmm.... yeah, probably not. o_O :tumble: ;)

I still really dig vaping. I don't know why, and I don't particularly care. I feel fortunate to have found it (and you all with it). :wub:

:rickroll:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    2 of my favorite peeps here.. Always friendly, always helpful and always knowledgeable...

Tis mutual, my friend, and much (yeah, I'll speak for her on this one, because I know that I can). :):)

That "knowledgeable" thing though, yeah, I'm gonna have to get back to you on that one. :lol:

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    2 of my favorite peeps here.. Always friendly, always helpful and always knowledgeable...

yeah my good friends on and off the forum..... They are funny and like to make people laugh, which they are like me in those regards. Laughter can be a good medicine for sure.... Yes, they are knowledgeable as well. You are a friend of theirs then you are my friend ;)

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Tis mutual, my friend, and much (yeah, I'll speak for her on this one, because I know that I can). :):)

That "knowledgeable" thing though, yeah, I'm gonna have to get back to you on that one. :lol:

Wrong and I agree with @raqball ... you cut yourself down too much … You know lots about vaping and help many people.... So, don't argue with me ;)

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
    Jan 12, 2018
    For some it's a quit smoking or stay off smoking type deal and for others it's a hobby... For some (raises hand) it's a combo of both...

I started vaping back in late 2009, found this joint a few months later, singed up, and been off cigs since...

I don't vape flavored juice anymore and just vape plane ole vg/pg mix but I do still buy mods and devices every so often...

I never viewed vaping as exciting. I viewed it as a stay off cigs type deal. The gear used as that tool can be a bit of a hobby and keep it interesting...

I stop vaping every so often for a few months at a time but sadly the urge to smoke, even after all these years, eventually comes back. Instead of buying a pack of smokes I just bust back out the vape and have at it again...

If someone vapes for fun (not sure why anyone would) then I can see it getting old and stale after a while but if vaping to stay off the nasties, I don't see why it would need to be exciting..
    how that flavor less juice vape like ?

Str8vision

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 26, 2013
    Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
    I never was excited about vaping, just -ecstatic- that it proved to be such an effective method to quit smoking. I was (and still am) totally amazed that I was able to stop smoking so easily given my advanced age and a half century of heavy addiction. For me vaping is enjoyable and satisfying, not exciting.

Thankfully, I was never afflicted with shiny-i-tus or a retail juice of the day shopping addiction. I did get into the hobby aspect of making NET (Naturally Extracted Tobacco). I vape NETs exclusively, they're how/why I quit smoking, learning how to manufacture my own became a priority. After a few years of effort I figured it all out and now have enough liquid nic and various condensed extracts sitting in the freezer to supply my needs for many decades. Exciting? no, not really. Satisfying/comforting? yes, definitely.

raqball

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 22, 2010
    how that flavor less juice vape like ?

I vape a 70vg / 30pg 3mg nic unflavored base and it vapes awesome... Has a slightly sweet taste to it but nothing over the top. I'd describe it as clean and slightly sweet tasting..

As an added bonus coils and wick last forever as there is nothing to junk them up... As a double added bonus it's dirt cheap. I pay $17 for a liter (1000ml) of the stuff...

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    Today happens to be my the 5th anniversary of being smoke-free thanks to vaping. Is it exciting anymore? No, not really. But I still love it and wouldn't give it up for anything.

Congrats @Rossum :thumbs: I join you at 5 years tomorrow and like you have no plans on giving up.

Congarats.jpg

Slipped past 6 years last October, and like many never saw "excitement" in vaping. Gratefulness, YES!

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there
    What I get excited about is better health :) I'll probably always vape, I look fwd to it when I take break, for me it is also a hobby. 7 yrs no cigs for me, had my first vape tho in 2009, was on and off until 2011 when I went full time vaping.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread