DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Congrats to all the vapeversaries!

Still excited not to be smoking,never about vaping.i do love vaping because I don't smoke anymore.
I never viewed vaping as exciting. I viewed it as a stay off cigs type deal. The gear used as that tool can be a bit of a hobby and keep it interesting...
Having fun with different colors and different flavors helped keep me distracted at first. It helped me quit.
March will mark my 9th anniversary vaping . . . .
You're about a year ahead of me. My 8th year vapeversary is the end of February.
I'm 20 days short of my 10th anniversary (although I joined the forum later).
That's gotta be a record!
Very much like what I started with, it was shorter and came with a PCC that kept a battery charged. It was quite rad at the time, but it didn't last long. In June (my join date) I bought my first 901 and the chase began...
Good old 901's. I still have some.

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
New equipment holds little attraction for me these days but that was never why I started vaping in the first place. I started vaping to finally break my dependence on cigarettes like many of us here. I do still enjoy creating new ejuice recipes and trying ones that others have created so that keeps me somewhat involved but otherwise, yeah, that new car smell has definitely diminished a bit. :)

Probably not too surprising given that just days ago I passed my 8 year ECF vapeversary. :D

Congrats!

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I vape a 70vg / 30pg 3mg nic unflavored base and it vapes awesome... Has a slightly sweet taste to it but nothing over the top. I'd describe it as clean and slightly sweet tasting..

As an added bonus coils and wick last forever as there is nothing to junk them up... As a double added bonus it's dirt cheap. I pay $17 for a liter (1000ml) of the stuff...
Mine don't quite last forever. Generally after two to four weeks I get the sense that dry-burn and new wick is in order. That's with DIY 35pg/65vg.

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
Mine don't quite last forever. Generally after two to four weeks I get the sense that dry-burn and new wick is in order. That's with DIY 35pg/65vg.

Forever was a poor choice of words but I think you got what I meant.. Coils and wick last MUCH longer than they do/would with flavored juice...

I get anywhere from 3 weeks to a month before I have to toss pre-made coils. When I was doing RTA's the coils themselves would last months as long as I cleaned them at each rewick. I'd rewick the cotton in them every few weeks but most times I probably could have stretched that out further if I wanted...

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Axi, Axi, Axi......

:facepalm:

(teehee)

2 of my favorite peeps here.. Always friendly, always helpful and always knowledgeable...

You just stop that right now, raq! You're starting rumours. Before ya know it, everyone will think we are nice!!!

(wub you guyz - I really do)~

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
9 years unchained from an almost certain tobacco related death sentence, that to me is pretty exciting.

Vr52KJf.gif

chohan

Earthbound Misfit
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
NC Foothills
Don't know about excitement but the magic is still there.

After 37 years of pack a day, on Friday the 13th, July 2012, I received a starter kit. I think it was an old 901 pen style. From that very day I never smoked another cig.
Aye... gotta be magic.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Vaping was exciting for the first year. I quit smoking. After that it became a substitute for smoking and life settled down, secure in the knowledge that I could continue to enjoy the motions of smoking and get the nic hit without the dangerous aspects of smoking.

It was a win-win solution to continue my nicotine habit.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
At first I was all excited about learning the language and enjoyed going into shops and speaking 'vape'. That helped the proprietors understand what I was looking for. Using terms like 'semi-closed mtl tank' helped them understand I was not looking for a 5 gallon tank with a garden hose top burning up millilitres per minute with 0.12 ohm coils. That's what sells these days.

Excited at first as I discovered temp control, yummy flavors, hacking UI's on my laptop and the in's n out's of building.

Yet, like most of my past hobbies I found regret after a while that all those gizmos and gadgets were not truely satisfying my quests any more than those initial devices. So I went back to the basics long before the shineyitis got real expensive.

Now a simple device with a built in temp control that uses preset watt numbers to raise or lower the vape temp gets it done.

I'm still excited each day that the little pocket friendly unit still satisfies. As I ride past the shop where it came from each day I consider stopping in and picking up a 3rd, a 4th or 5th. Each day I drive past without stopping in so I'm excited that a lingering OCD is under control.

I'm not bored with vaping at all.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
I started vaping in 2010 and the first few years were an unsatisfied exercise in will power to persevere with vaping. Then the gear got better and things improved but it still wasn't quite there. Then about 3 years ago I got a Velocity Mini, learned how to build it right and I finally found a vape that really satisfied me. I occasionally try a different atomizer just see if it can be beaten, but as yet not even close.
About two years ago I got a TFV8 and as yet I have not found an RTA that can match it, and I've tried my fair share.
I never got into the whole shineyitus thing, I was just on a quest for the right vape and that meant buying a significant quantity of different equipment.
I consider being in position of having the right kit a privilege, not a bore.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
I'll be 60 years old next June. Exciting is parking too far from the restroom.
By then, Mamaw and I will have been together 34 years. Exciting is a Home Cooked Meal.
I've been a career Trucker for 24 years. Exciting is something I can do without in the course of my day.
czUuZFF.jpg

I think "Enjoyable" would be a better question. I really don't chase the "bright, new and shiny" gear anymore, haven't for some time now. (although I have tried TC Vaping gear) Reonauts and the Provarinati are fading. DIY and tobacco extractions are becoming more normal than Vendor chasing. I haven't waxed my Woodvils in a long while. I know it's been over two years since I ordered tobacco for extractions. Coils and wicks are now boring chores.
But every now and then, I stand close to a stranger who smokes cheap cigarettes. Gawd, that smell is horrid.
I am grateful I found Vaping. I am really grateful I found Vaping when Reoville and the Saloon were hoping every night, and Vaping was this 'fringe' new alternative. Back when the VV eGo was called "a game changer". And clouds were something in the sky. And 'Gourmet' was a cooking show. And VooPoo was the missing ingredient in a Harry Potter Movie. And Vaping broke the 40 year hold tobacco had on me and my life.
If you want exciting, go watch Aquaman ....

(P.S. Maybe I should start a "Grumpy Old Fart" thread for geezers like me ..)

Last edited:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I'll be 60 years old next June. Exciting is parking too far from the restroom.
By then, Mamaw and I will have been together 34 years. Exciting is a Home Cooked Meal.
I've been a career Trucker for 24 years. Exciting is something I can do without in the course of my day.
czUuZFF.jpg

I think "Enjoyable" would be a better question. I really don't chase the "bright, new and shiny" gear anymore, haven't for some time now. (although I have tried TC Vaping gear) Reonauts and the Provarinati are fading. DIY and tobacco extractions are becoming more normal than Vendor chasing. I haven't waxed my Woodvils in a long while. I know it's been over two years since I ordered tobacco for extractions. Coils and wicks are now boring chores.
But every now and then, I stand close to a stranger who smokes cheap cigarettes. Gawd, that smell is horrid.
I am grateful I found Vaping. I am really grateful I found Vaping when Reoville and the Saloon were hoping every night, and Vaping was this 'fringe' new alternative. Back when the VV eGo was called "a game changer". And clouds were something in the sky. And 'Gourmet' was a cooking show. And VooPoo was the missing ingredient in a Harry Potter Movie. And Vaping broke the 40 year hold tobacco had on me and my life.
If you want exciting, go watch Aquaman ....

(P.S. Maybe I should start a "Grumpy Old Fart" thread for geezers like me ..)
I think you are probably dead on here. While I am extremely grateful I didn’t come into vaping that far back I read the older threads and envy the comaraderie you all shared breaking new ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread