Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexTM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Cologne, Germany
www.dampfzeichen.de
You say that MMR vaccines cause autism is complete bunk. Actually, there is no definite proof EITHER way. All they are saying is there is no definitive proof as yet. Research is ongoing.

Well, there is no proof that autism is NOT caused by alien death rays, either. It's always a bit tricky to prove a negative.

AlexTM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Cologne, Germany
www.dampfzeichen.de
Considering how hysterical some people got, and how dangerous it is not to vaccinate, of course there is ongoing research. In the hope that the hystery dies down. And on the other side, of course, for cash from the hysterics.

The only conspiracy here is milking people who would believe in the alien death rays, too. And that's not a conspiracy, that's business as usual. Only this time, people die.

But methinks this discussion (insofar as there can be one) should be put into its own thread.

Paul42360

Feb 9, 2010
Michigan USA
Tired is hardly the word......Exhausted, no energy, sleepy is more like it. I have problems waking up in the morning. Even after I force myself out of bed, it takes me an hour to wake up. I have been vaping 8 days and the more I do, the more I can't hardly move. I go from the computer to the bed and can hardly do much else.
I didn't smoke cigarettes, I quit 2 years ago. I was chewing nicotine gum and addicted to that. So it has nothing to do with smoking and then quiting.
Something we are inhaling is making us this way. Nicotine increases heart rate which speeds up our energy.
What is in this making us so exhausted? I will give it 2 more days, then I am going back to chewing my gum...........

Just thought the above bares repeating......
Been reading more posts about effects lately due to my own problems and I am a little concerened.

Fenix-T

ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2010
NC
Just wanted to chime in on this.

I started vaping 6 months ago. When I first started, it was just a random yawn here and there. Then the yawns came more often. Then it gradually just turned into a constant tiredness/fatigue. 6 months later to today and I have constant muscle fatigue and just no energy. I feel like a 60 year old. I've always vaped PG 16-18mg.

Is it due to vaping? Who knows. But, it's what I've noticed since I started, progressively getting worse.

Some things I've been wondering are: What is the actual vapor that we inhale? I mean the actual chem that the PG turns to when vaporized (don't tell me 'water vapor')? What is the effect that it has on the lungs at the levels we vape (like the output of a 510)? Does it coat the lungs or absorbed? If absorbed, what effect does that have in the bloodstream? If anyone has any scientific studies on those, please link me.

Reactions: RebeccaD

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa
I'm surprised no one has said this yet. I am pretty sure its to do with the Lactic acid build up in the muscles, which is the same acid that makes your muscles tired when your work out.

But yes, I have been vaping for 4 days and the last 2 I have felt very tired

There are MANY posts regarding this. I believe they are in the health section. It has pretty much been debunked. Have a look at the threads.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/34790-lactic-acid-build-up.html

I'm in my 2nd week of vaping and starting to not trust what we are doing without the science behind it.. I do not care how much PG and/or VG there are in any food items... We do not heat this stuff and shove it in our lungs.. like Vaping does...
Very scary stuff and I feel that Vaping is dangerous!!

You maybe should do a little research before you come to that conclusion. This forum is filled with info on PG and VG.
There is PLENTY of science behind inhaling PG.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ycol-glycerine-see-if-you-havent-already.html

glowgirl

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
A, A
Just chiming in to say that I am 4 weeks into vaping and am tired as well. I notice that after I vape I crash for about 40 minutes then feel better. I am also kind of sore and stiff. I think the lactic acid build up may have something to do with it.

I will repost if/when anything changes. I may try all VG for awhile but want to wait til I have fully adapted to not smoking.......

Back again after doing some quick and superficial internet "research". It seems like it must be the pyruvic acid from the PG and the elevated metabolism from the nicotine that may be causing fatigue. I know I came into vaping after a year and a few months of not smoking/ 3 weeks of smoking again...so my metabolism isn't adjusted for nicotine yet. Also I vape a whole lot more then I ever smoked. I suspect that as new vapers get better equipement and different juices they are increasing there vaping amounts too. Maybe those of us who are tired should be careful to not vape too much as our bodies adjust?

Last edited:

glowgirl

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
A, A
I also wanted to say something to the previous posters who were feeling some anxiety about the fatigue thing. When I went vegetarian I was sort of shocked at first by the "detoxing period". It was odd to eat much better and feel much worse. Of course that turned into feeling amazing in about a month but I had a lot of adaptation to do first.

I lurk a veggie site and notice that a lot of new vegheads were convinced they were weak or sick or any number of things.......and it all passed after a reasonable period of time. When I went vegan it happened all over again.

When you make a big change in lifestyle it's inevitable that you will experience some discomfort. Think of jet lag, changes in diet, even different water from different areas can really affect a person. Hell just changing your sleeping pattern can ruin you for a month.

patcartbar

Sep 27, 2009
After smoking for over 40 years, I began vaping a year ago. Within 2 days I stopped coughing. I haven't had a bronchial infection, which I usually get at least once a year, since. However, I became extremely fatigued and experienced severe aches and burning eyes. Looking up the burning eyes as a symptom, I found that can indicate....poisoning!

Very happy to no longer smell like an ashtray, but very UN happy to be too tired to live, I lowered my dosage from 36 mg carts to 4. My symptoms have diminished, no more burning eyes, but I still am far from the energetic gal I was.

I read recently that the Chinese produced cartridges and juice are made from industrial grade nicotine (used as poison, basically), etc. I just ordered juice from an American company claiming the product to be much safer. It will be very interesting to see if this makes a significant difference in my energy level! I'm convinced the product from China is dangerous, particularly at high levels. However, this is the only thing that I've been successful at using to stop smoking and smoke is the killer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread