Vaping makes me tired?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbysox10

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2010
Chicago
Yes, I have had this problem. It should go away in about a week. I believe it is one of three things. 1. Nicotine Withdrawl - Yes you are getting Nicotine from the juice but you may not be getting the exact amount you were before. I have heard many times before that your body absorbs more nicotine from Cigarette smoke than Vapor. 2. Some kind of withdrawl from 1 or more additives found in Cigarettes - There is over 4000 chemical additives found in cigarette tobacco I believe it is possible that 1 or more may be addictive. 3 - A combination of 1 and 2. Like I said mine took about a week to go away. Today was actually the first day I wasn't tired all day and I feel sooooooo much better than when I was smoking and its only been a week.

wmrwl

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2010
NJ
It's possible you're vaping in a different manner than when you smoked. This is according to wikipedia and I think it might be worth thinking about:

Research suggests that, when smokers wish to achieve a stimulating effect, they take short quick puffs, which produce a low level of blood nicotine. This stimulates nerve transmission. When they wish to relax, they take deep puffs, which produce a high level of blood nicotine, which depresses the passage of nerve impulses, producing a mild sedative effect. At low doses, nicotine potently enhances the actions of norepinephrine and dopamine in the brain, causing a drug effect typical of those of psychostimulants. At higher doses, nicotine enhances the effect of serotonin and opiate activity, producing a calming, pain-killing effect. Nicotine is unique in comparison to most drugs, as its profile changes from stimulant to sedative/pain killer in increasing dosages and use.

@bobby - TBH I actually weened myself off of analogues from a few days prior to starting vaping. I wasn't tired then O.O But who knows.

And to the part about all the chemicals, yeah I have taken that into thought also.

And grats on getting over the tiredness :p

@wmrwl - You know, that might be it. I usually ALWAYS took long drags on my analogues. On my pv, I tend to find myself taking small, quick puffs. D: We'll see in a few more days.

Thanks for the help guys! :D

Greeneyeddevil

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2009
Sulphur, LA
I was actually just coming to make a thread about this very topic and found this lol. Yes I have been vaping for 49 days today and I have been super lazy since I started. I feel so much better in every other aspect except for the fact that I'm constantly tired and have a hard time getting up in the mornings now (I used to just wake up at around 5:30 every morning, now I struggle to be up at 7). I've seen alot of other people on the forums talk about the "vaping lazies" lol and I'm really curious as to what could cause this. I am definitely not going to quit vaping, but also hoped maybe someone could recommend a good vitamin supplement or something to help get the energy back up.

AlexTM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Cologne, Germany
www.dampfzeichen.de
No more thiocyanate, therefore, for a while, hypothyrosis. Which, among other things, will make you slightly tired. (Also potentially depressed, weight gain, etc.) That should get better on its own, but if it is too bad, go check with your doctor.

Could also be the missing MAOIs, anti-depressants in tobacco not present in vape. Lots of threads on this one in the forum. But it is probably still a bit too early for that.

The Sobe is doing great so far. Compared to yesterday I am not having any dry/dehydration problems and have been vaping much more then I had yesterday. I was kinda fearing that as I vaped more as the day went on I would get more dehydrated but no dice on that! :D
Getting a bit groggy but that could be because I didn't get as much sleep as usual.

I'm thinkin about gettin some of the D3 tomorrow also, haha.

Greeneyeddevil

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2009
Sulphur, LA
Well, I just ran into the dollar store to grab a couple things I needed for this morning and they had the Sobe and the Vitamin D3 in there to my surprise so I grabbed up some of them and some vitamin c while i was at it. We'll see how it does. Synf which kind of Sobe did ya get? I got the Pomegranate and it tastes kinda yucky lol, but i'm gonna drink it since i got it.

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa
Well, I just ran into the dollar store to grab a couple things I needed for this morning and they had the Sobe and the Vitamin D3 in there to my surprise so I grabbed up some of them and some vitamin c while i was at it. We'll see how it does. Synf which kind of Sobe did ya get? I got the Pomegranate and it tastes kinda yucky lol, but i'm gonna drink it since i got it.

Make sure the D3 pills are not full of junk. They should only contain cholecalciferol and either soy and/or vegetable oil and maybe gelatin.
I hydrate with green tea and honey iced tea. Love it. Make my own decaf green tea, but buy the regular in gallon jugs.

Greeneyeddevil

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2009
Sulphur, LA
Here is what the label says on the d3 katmar

Vitamin d (as cholecalciferol) 2,000 IU
Other ingredients: Dicalcium phosphate, cellulose (plant origin), gelatin, croscarmellose, silica, vegetable magnesium stearate.

No gluten, no yeast, no wheat, no milk or milk derivatives, no lactose, no sugar, no preservatives, no artificial color, no artificial flavor, no sodium.

I'm actually already feeling good. I took that and the vitamin c probably an hour ago and I'm feeling pretty energetic right now. I'm actually about to get some cleaning done lol.

I do have some green tea bags up in the cabinet. Is it bad if I put plenty of sugar in it lol?

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa
Here is what the label says on the d3 katmar

Vitamin d (as cholecalciferol) 2,000 IU
Other ingredients: Dicalcium phosphate, cellulose (plant origin), gelatin, croscarmellose, silica, vegetable magnesium stearate.

No gluten, no yeast, no wheat, no milk or milk derivatives, no lactose, no sugar, no preservatives, no artificial color, no artificial flavor, no sodium.

I'm actually already feeling good. I took that and the vitamin c probably an hour ago and I'm feeling pretty energetic right now. I'm actually about to get some cleaning done lol.

I do have some green tea bags up in the cabinet. Is it bad if I put plenty of sugar in it lol?

Try honey mostly, you can add a little sugar. Personally, your vitamins have a little too much filler for me, but I doubt they will hurt you or alter how your body absorbs D3:)

AlexTM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Cologne, Germany
www.dampfzeichen.de
Not to curb anybodies enthusiasm, but I'd read up vitamin D in particular before taking any large amounts of it. There are quite a few sources that say too much of it is not recommended.
Not to mention that even I find it very easy to get enough of it out of food, and my eating habits are not exactly as recommended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread