Vaping makes me tired?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiloWatts

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
West Philadelphia
Gonna bump this again, because I'm growing more and more convinced my lethargy is directly related to vaping. I don't know if it's the PG/VG or nicotine. But I've been vaping for nearly 6 months now and I'm about as lethargic and slow moving as a sloth. The term 'nic coma' is correct. It's literally like not being able to lift myself off the ground.

While this doesn't really sound dangerous or unhealthy, it does cause me concern - simply cause it's making me unproductive as hell and not getting anything done!

So, just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one. At any rate, I'll be stepping down my nic levels soon. If it doesn't subside, I'll possibly start thinking about quitting soon.

• Agree
Reactions: RebeccaD

Fernand

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
Californeea
I guess different people are reacting to something different. In "commercial juices", I think between PG and heavy flavoring, there are a lot of possibilities. Even the so-called VG juices usually contain 30% PG. And whoever said "natural" flavors are any better to inhale? Personally I only vape stuff I have some knowledge of. My nicotine (100mg/ml in VG) comes from BoxElder Chemical in Utah, my VG is from Lotioncrafter.com, my 3-5% flavoring is from FlavourArt. I no longer use PG because it hits me as a mild sedative, and I get other side effects, like dry throat, constipation, acid stomach, irritated eyes/skin, headaches, to name a few. Nothing ghastly, but not ideal. PG will cause alcohol type effects in higher doses, there have even been cases of full anesthesia and coma with IV injection. And when I read many people are vaping over 20% flavorings, compounds completely untested for inhalation, it scares me.

But I don't get tiredness or dry throat or headache or anything from just VG + Nicotine + light Flavoring. At most a little sensation in the chest if I vape over 5 ml a day. I just tried some leftover Dekang, and some TastyVapor, thick taste. And then I felt like a truck had run me over.

To the people who are vaping commercial juices, especially heavily flavored ones, and don't feel good, may I suggest a simple and inexpensive experiment? Instead of buying another juice, order instead a little bottle of nicotine in VG, unflavored, at whatever strength you like. If it's heavy on nicotine, cutting it with drug store USP Glycerin is very simple (and very cost-effective). Most pharmacies will give you syringes and droppers for measuring childrens' medicine that you can use to mix in, so you don't even need a bunch of glassware. Try vaping just VG and nicotine. The vapor is great, the Nicotine + VG has an interesting subtle taste and a throat hit. But also order a little bottle or two of flavoring you might like, nothing rich or buttery, maybe a fruit or tobacco type flavor, and after you've tried zero flavoring, add it to your VG+Nic at no more than 5%. That's about 6 drops in 5 ml. That's not "nothing". Some of them taste good at 1-2%. You'll probably wonder why you bothered with these commercial brews with PG and tons of sweetening and flavoring, the effects of which are completely unknown. After all, did you always stick candy bars in your cigarettes :confused:?

You might figure out what's bothering you. If even plain VG + Nic doesn't agree with you, you could try to see if straight VG is OK, then try VG + Flavor (no nic). But you will know where the problem lies. I would guess most people feel OK vaping simpler stuff.

Last edited:

benetay

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2011
biggest fairywheel
bumping this up again, i felt so bad today. Woke up, vape, bathe, had breakfast, vape, went online for a couple of hours. Crashed. Went to bed and crash. I mean, it suddenly happen to me, i was totally tired. I'm not sure why but i am tired, i crash there and then. 1 hour later i woke up, had lunch. Vape... now whilst typing this i'm feeling so tired. Seems like i had a flu or what. Perhaps i did i'm not sure. I'm vaping 20pg80vg 12mg nic. I have another PV on standby 0 nic 100%VG just so i don't over vape on the 12.

Any suggestion? Just sleep it out? i know if i sleep now, i can't sleep at night and i don't want this process to start. Help needed.

Fernand

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
Californeea
Wow, it sounds like you might want to go see the doc and get some basic blood work done, so at least you know whether you have an infection or some obvious problem. Who can be sure, but it doesn't sound like the vape. If 100% VG and you still are so tired, and sleeping for a couple days doesn't help, it really might be wise to see the doc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread