Vaping Side affects: I've had few, you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoMatches

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2011
LI, NY
Reading posts from people new to vaping, I was wondering how many and what sort of side affects people experience.

For me, it's been a little bit of dehydration, easilly fixed by drinking more water, and chapped lips. I have to use lip balm more often. I always ran a humidifier in my bedroom, so I haven't noticed anything else. I do tend to have some ...er... how to be delicate... phlem problems and keeping my throat clear, but I think that is just my body getting rid of the side effects of smoking so heavilly and for so many years. I use Mucinex for that, I don't even know if it helps for sure.

Some people mention sleep. I actaully sleep better since day 1 on vaping, and I go to 36mg and vape heavilly before going to bed, which is not unlike my old smoking habits.

On the other hand, just 2 weeks in, I don't cough my brains out in the morning any more. I only have to blow my nose once, not ten times. I used to cough so bad I would gag, and sometimes even dry heave. It's only 2 weeks, and I sound like a human being in the morning now.

I just gave away about $40 of nicotine gum. I'll never need that again. My side effects have been very minimal. The benifits have been huge. What changes did you go through? How long did they last? I feel soooo much better. What physical changes do most people go through?

Ethereal

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2011
UK
Been vaping for about three weeks. First and only side effects was a little bit of nausea and small stomach cramps but I don't get that anymore. Oh and sometimes a little heart burn if I over do it. Quiting the cigs wasn't a problem as i've been chewing the gum and smoking while drinking for about 3 1/2 years. To be honest this is a way of getting off the gum which I became addicted to. Now I can smoke/vape get my nicotine hit and still feel good so i'm onto a winner me thinks. Cheaper than the gum in the long run and gives me something to get into, and these e cigs are cool looking!

Darrigaaz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2009
New Mexico, USA
Most common side effects usually include dehydration, coughing up all the buildup from smoking, and restless nights.

Somewhat uncommon side effects that people have said over the months include acne, or just really oily skin/hair, change of tastes for foods, and possibly "increased heartburn".. I've heard the heartburn mentioned one time, and I think it's because that person was experiencing how good food could taste again, and just overdid it on the pizza.

My wife has lost weight by vaping, but I think it's an indirect side effect. She was never a smoker, but picked up some 0mg juices/cartos and a battery. She used to snack on candies all the time while gaming with me, but now she just vapes on her sweet flavors.. So I guess indirectly, vaping has curbed her sweet tooth and she's lost a considerable amount of weight.

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
Some more of the common side effects are Pimples, gas (so ladylike), dry skin, oily skin, overdoing the nic and having insomnia or stomach aches. Dry mouth and constant looking for your lighter and cigarette case...wait that was just me!
Cures are lots of water, keeping your face washed several times a day. Beeno, lotion or baby powder. Vape lower nic at night and tums. Hard candy and try to remember you quit smoking!

Mmc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2010
Michigan
At 8 weeks now. Never couched up anything, but I had just gotten over a 3 month bronchitis cough that wouldn't go away. Dry skin, gas (yikes, rarely ever had gas in my life),insomnia (cured with sleeping pills(off them again) and a little dehydration.
Better than the alternatives. Chantix made me crazy, gum made me gag, and patch didn't even make a dent. Happy to be vaping

Duderino

Feb 12, 2011
Michigan
Vaping just over a week now, and haven't really had any side-effects. Certainly no problems sleeping; noticed I'm eating more, but that's ok, I'm skinny. No zits (knock on wood!), which is good. I didn't drink enough water at first and got REALLY dehydrated, but I took care of that recently. I've been keeping a water bottle with me at all times, making a real effort to drink it thru at least 5 or 6 times a day.

Ok, I've had some nasty farts... but honestly, that's nothing new. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread