Vapor Flask

Status
Not open for further replies.

kde01

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2014
Maryland, USA
I will wait for the 50 dollar Chinese clone.

I doubt we will have to wait too long.

Have fun getting the chip replaced when it burns out :p I only know a couple people that made the mistake of buying Canas or other clone DNA30 devices and it didn't work out well for either. IMO you get what you pay for. If you don't want to spend the money or wait to try to get your hands on a Vapor Flask, so be it - grab yourself a VS rDNA40 if you want the DNA chip. I probably wouldn't go below the VS line as I've heard of enough problems with even the relatively reliable IPV series that I'd prefer to spend the extra $50 on a seriously proven device.

Personally I'm waiting patiently for the DNA40 upgrade for the flask. Depending on the price I may just sell my Flask. I've had it for two weeks now and can't find anywhere that has batteries that fit. The Samsungs I had didn't fit, the Xtar VTC4's wrapper was just a tad too thick, and I took a gamble on some secondhand VTC5s that turned out to (most likely) be fakes (they don't fit without wiggling). In all the videos I've seen the VTC4s and 5s just drop in easily. If this last shipment of VTC5s I ordered don't fit them I'm calling it quits on the Flask, I think. I already have an rDNA40 on pre-order.

jkusmc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2014
Georgia
Have fun getting the chip replaced when it burns out :p I only know a couple people that made the mistake of buying Canas or other clone DNA30 devices and it didn't work out well for either. IMO you get what you pay for. If you don't want to spend the money or wait to try to get your hands on a Vapor Flask, so be it - grab yourself a VS rDNA40 if you want the DNA chip. I probably wouldn't go below the VS line as I've heard of enough problems with even the relatively reliable IPV series that I'd prefer to spend the extra $50 on a seriously proven device.

Personally I'm waiting patiently for the DNA40 upgrade for the flask. Depending on the price I may just sell my Flask. I've had it for two weeks now and can't find anywhere that has batteries that fit. The Samsungs I had didn't fit, the Xtar VTC4's wrapper was just a tad too thick, and I took a gamble on some secondhand VTC5s that turned out to (most likely) be fakes (they don't fit without wiggling). In all the videos I've seen the VTC4s and 5s just drop in easily. If this last shipment of VTC5s I ordered don't fit them I'm calling it quits on the Flask, I think. I already have an rDNA40 on pre-order.

A buddy of mine owns a store and ordered some of those HCIGAR 30 watt vaporshark clones and it was a total nightmare. He had 6 and every single one of them crapped out for the dumbest reasons . The one I was trying fell over on my table and would t work. You really do get what you pay for and the few experiences I have had with regulated clones is enough for me to hold on to my money and put it towards something reliable and with a decent warranty/customer service option.

As for the batteries. I'm assuming my dna40 has the exact same casing as your V2 flask. I have vtc4s and 5s that fit perfectly. No rattle, no excessive tight fit, etc.

mingot

Verified Member
Jul 7, 2014
United States
The Samsungs I had didn't fit, the Xtar VTC4's wrapper was just a tad too thick, and I took a gamble on some secondhand VTC5s that turned out to (most likely) be fakes (they don't fit without wiggling). In all the videos I've seen the VTC4s and 5s just drop in easily. If this last shipment of VTC5s I ordered don't fit them I'm calling it quits on the Flask, I think. I already have an rDNA40 on pre-order.

When I bought mine I went in with samsung 25r's.

One fit and the other one was really tight. I has another samsung in the car and that one worked.

BUT even the ones that fit took a shove to get them past the top part of the battery. After that "hump" they slid in fine. When I take them out they drop down to that top part and hang and have to be pulled out. Quite snug, but they come out with damaging the wrapper.

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL

Same experiences her. The WAE II is another good 30w regulated mod. I've had xero issues with mine.

I have a little over a dozen authentic VTC5s and they fit perfectly. Hard to come by atm the moment though. VTC4s should have the same exact form factor so I would assume that they will work just as well.

The LGs fit the VF perfectly. Just as easy as the Sonys. The Pannies fit, but are a tight fit.

RTD has the LGs in stock.

LG 18650HE2 2500mAh - RTD vapor

And I take it that those are as good or almost as good as VTC5s/4s?

kde01

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2014
Maryland, USA
I have a little over a dozen authentic VTC5s and they fit perfectly. Hard to come by atm the moment though. VTC4s should have the same exact form factor so I would assume that they will work just as well.

There was a post on Reddit a few days ago of someone asking a Sony rep when their VTC5s would be back on the market and easier to get. The Sony rep said that Sony is not producing 18650 batteries anymore, and that they have not for some months.

It seems the rumors of the whole Sony plant in Indonesia (or w/e else in SEA) pumping out VTC4s and 5s was wrong, and we're not getting any more Sony batteries. Even the rewrapped Sonys are going out of stock.

And I take it that those are as good or almost as good as VTC5s/4s?

They're better for regulated mods. VTC5s, despite having about the same mAh rating as the Samsung and LG batteries popular now, actually have a shorter battery life somehow. I didn't do the tests myself, but I've seen tests on it (maybe at Kidney Puncher?). That's what led me to get 3 pairs of Samsungs for my Raptor mod.

LGs seem like the way to go now for the Vapor Flask. Glad the LGs fit since the Sonys are so damn hard to find, or else I'd really be ...... at Vapor Flask (the company). They release a DNA40 version of their device a month after they release V2 and a week after any vendor manages to get a respectable stock, effectively rendering the mods purchased in the feeding frenzy the week before obsolete. If only Sonys (and not LGs or some Samsungs) fit then we'd really be screwed with the seriously dwindling supply of Sony 18650s in the market.

Since it appears all of the DNA40s have come from local B&M stores, would you guys lucky enough to have found one be willing to share pricing relative to the $300 VapeRev charges for them? I found a shop anticipating some later this week, but they're quoting me about $20 over VapeRev pricing. Plus shipping. Not a huge deal on an already very pricy mod, but still.

Just trying to figure out if there is an MSRP on these, or if stores are free to set whatever price they choose for them under their agreements with VF.

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
There was a post on Reddit a few days ago of someone asking a Sony rep when their VTC5s would be back on the market and easier to get. The Sony rep said that Sony is not producing 18650 batteries anymore, and that they have not for some months.

LGs seem like the way to go now for the Vapor Flask. Glad the LGs fit since the Sonys are so damn hard to find, or else I'd really be ...... at Vapor Flask (the company).

Looks like I need to purchase some of those LGs from RTD Vapor. Thanks!

Since it appears all of the DNA40s have come from local B&M stores, would you guys lucky enough to have found one be willing to share pricing relative to the $300 VapeRev charges for them? I found a shop anticipating some later this week, but they're quoting me about $20 over VapeRev pricing. Plus shipping. Not a huge deal on an already very pricy mod, but still.

Just trying to figure out if there is an MSRP on these, or if stores are free to set whatever price they choose for them under their agreements with VF.

I can't find these anywhere, anyone care to pm me availability? Prefer the silver ano, actually would prefer them offering a smaller 18490/18500 flask dna40 version, but I'll take what I can get until then lol.
Here's the PM I sent a few others about where I got mine...

I'm sure they don't still have any in stock but you can call Dixie Vapor Shop in Kennesaw, GA. They don't sell them on their online store, only by phone order. That's where I just got mine from.

Dave said he is expecting a shipment about every week.

I had been calling them since last Thursday. Just keep calling and inquiring. Perhaps you'll get one from his next shipment.

I already have the V2 and love it.

Good luck!

David

Also juice received word that Vogue Vapor Lounge has some atm. Looks like they only accepts phone orders for theirs as well. Better hurry though.

abpigdoc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Alpharetta, GA USA

Just bought a gun metal VF at Dixie's Vapor Shop, same price. Nice to find something local. I really like this thing. Put my Erlkonigin on and wrapped with 14 x 2.5mm 28g Ni 200 for 0.14 ohms. Nice vape at 430F @ 12w.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City

Try VapinArt they have them up now at $299

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread