Vaporbomb... Bad bad Experiance

Status
Not open for further replies.
I, too, have a hard time believing someone who says they had a severe reaction to PG and yet still continues to vape considering it's a completely unregulated product! Seriously? Ditto Vchick

There are vendors who sell 100% VG ejuices, so I wouldn't say they shouldn't vape. I know VapeRite has organic 100% VG juice and he has excellent customer service. I've seen they've been mentioned once or twice here and I heartily recommend them. His juices are soooo yummy, to boot! ;)

Krisb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
OH
If you had the type of reaction she described, she should not risk it, sorry. I do not agree. I have been a nurse for 15yrs and if her reaction was that severe, not saying it was, but if...is it worth her risking it? No. Health should always be the primary concern, right? Even Vaperite uses products produced by other vendors, correct? So,in your scenario, human error does not exist-not possible.

Vagablonde

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2010
California via Norway
Hey I think we as consumers should have the right to know whats in the juice! I am right with you! Until it happens to you no one will really understand. I could not imagine having an analphlactic attack such as yours. I would be freaked out as well. I use vapor renu allot. I see they use vg 100 percent. The owner is great on replying and supplying information. His name is Jason. You could ask him about the juice. I like their stuff so far. It does not smell like perfume.

Like I said in a previous post. American eliquid store sells vg but to me it tastes weak. It really sucks that the vendor did not resolve anything related to your question.

Lastly, I hope my previous post was not taken wrong. I do know how it feels to have a true allergy. I don't know how you felt..I can only imagine your despair.

When I stated to stay away from e-fluid. I didn't clarify. What I really should have said " Stay away from vendors who do not disclose the information about said product". I just started in July . I have tasted some mighty crappy juice that folks rave about.

I just hope vendors will start disclosing their ingredients to the consumer.

no no no was not taken badly at all
I think for me the whole point even to post it is I feel people should be able to find out whats in the juice
I dont want to produce ejuice or anything ,I'm simply trying to avoid something dangerous to me.
And maybe in the process it too can help someone else that didn't know as I.
Just passing along information.
I do appreciate the links and feedback..thank you

Vagablonde

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2010
California via Norway
As I stated before, the information was not being withheld from you. We tried to contact you, after the first e mail but you gave us a bogus phone number, and have yet to provide a good number. E mail is considered legal print, until I, not my CS reps, can be assured of who I'm talking to and to what degree the information is being sot the answers will remain vague. VB is not trying to withhold anything from you. I feel that if you need this information as badly as stated, a phone number would be forthcoming. Vaga I am truly sorry this as happened this way an will be refunding your entire purchase. You have to see our side of this. You send an email say you where hospitalized, I try to call you, the people that answers tell me they don't know you. Where did that Phone number come from? Add to that you have your ordered delivered to a P.O. Bx. How about this , You won't give me a Phone number to call you, so our number is 234-525-0622 it's on the front page of our website. I will be in Monday at 10am. I want everyone here to know that there have been numerous attempts to get you to give me a contact number, to the point that I have asked in this thread and other threads and still nothing. And there is still the issue of why you gave a bogus number to begin with.

I dont think you were given a bogus phone number..or do I know of any attempts you made to contact me,but I will contact you

Vagablonde

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2010
California via Norway
original post shortened for content;

common sense
Given what you were told, you still placed the order?

I had already placed the order before i had any reaction..so whats the term hindsight
maybe you missed the whole point.
I simply wanted to know if it had PG in it.as if it did I wouldnt use it..thats common sense

Hmmmm, I've got to question the OP on all of this, Secondly you go to the hospital with such a reaction and you continue to vape and now mixing your own, seems like a recipe for disaster.

Common sense should dictate that you stop vaping all together.

I've recently talked to Harry in person, some of the e-mails and quesitons he receives is mind boggling, he genuinely cares about their customers and to see this particular vendor dragged through the mud is beyond me.

common sense
Given what you were told, you still placed the order?

I had already placed the order before i had any reaction..so whats the term hindsight
maybe you missed the whole point.
I simply wanted to know if it had PG in it.as if it did I wouldnt use it..thats common sense

oh yes I do realize now that you all think everyone is just supposed to know everything and 100% VG is not pg free.

and a good vendor does not reply to a customer quoting bathroom products..shrug

do you realize how many suppliers themselves to are sensitive to PG..so the answer is to say you cant vape..odd they just made different juice
or inform people on whats in thier juice so they have a choice..you see how simple.

Vagablonde

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2010
California via Norway
If you had the type of reaction she described, she should not risk it, sorry. I do not agree. I have been a nurse for 15yrs and if her reaction was that severe, not saying it was, but if...is it worth her risking it? No. Health should always be the primary concern, right? Even Vaperite uses products produced by other vendors, correct? So,in your scenario, human error does not exist-not possible.

and this is where more information is always a great thing..
I am not the only one that has or will have such a reaction..there are even suppliers themselves that have the same issue as I do.

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.
no no no was not taken badly at all
I think for me the whole point even to post it is I feel people should be able to find out whats in the juice
I dont want to produce ejuice or anything ,I'm simply trying to avoid something dangerous to me.
And maybe in the process it too can help someone else that didn't know as I.
Just passing along information.
I do appreciate the links and feedback..thank you

It comes down to vendors responding to paying customers. Personally, if a vendor he-haws around and does not present with accurate information on a product he/she sells-that would raise a red flag...then I move on.

I understand what your saying vegablonde. I don't see why folks are defensive on an occurance that has happened to you. Your allergic response belongs to you-not them. Your response may help others who may go thru the same allergic reaction. This is very helpful. At least I think so. No one else knows what pain/experience you actually felt. It is subjective.

I find you applaudable and honest.

chrismp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Australia
no I'm not upset they answered me..Im bothered by the way they choose to do it,really it was a simple question,I could not have imagined it would made such a trouble for them,for instance..I know loranns flavors are all PG based..I have never even tried it.
I dont think it was so off to ask.

You were well within your rights to ask obviously, and I totally feel you.

Even though your messages were answered quite rudely, at the very least you got the information you were after. Could have been a bad day or moment for the guy who answered you...but thanks for sharing.

I personally wouldn't rate a vender based on one persons experience but if these things stack up over time you can get a good feel for what sort of people are running the business. At this point I'm still planning on trying out VB sooner or later.

Full disclosure (apart from exact recipes) or I don't buy anymore. If I'm spending as much as most of these people are charging for juice, they should be able to tell you exactly what's in it.

DIY is frustrating sometimes but also rewarding and well worth it overall.

shanagan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Texas
You were well within your rights to ask obviously, and I totally feel you.

Even though your messages were answered quite rudely, at the very least you got the information you were after. Could have been a bad day or moment for the guy who answered you...but thanks for sharing.

I personally wouldn't rate a vender based on one persons experience but if these things stack up over time you can get a good feel for what sort of people are running the business. At this point I'm still planning on trying out VB sooner or later.

Full disclosure (apart from exact recipes) or I don't buy anymore. If I'm spending as much as most of these people are charging for juice, they should be able to tell you exactly what's in it.

DIY is frustrating sometimes but also rewarding and well worth it overall.

I think this is an excellent approach. Whether the concern is PG/VG, or diacetyl/2,3 pentanedione... the industry needs to start acting like an industry. It's time for US vendors to follow ECITA's lead and form a trade association which works to create industry standards with an eye toward keeping e-juice a viable product.

Right now my perception is that vendors are running around like proverbial headless chickens, too busy trying to capture market share to worry about the long-term ramifications of the products they are offering, not to mention whether this is an industry which will survive past their current stockpiles of product and profits.

old hippy

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2010
Magnolia,Kentucky
I have bought from Vapor Bomb many times and they are GOOD people. When I started vaping, I sent them my phone number and they returned my call within a half hour and then spent at least that long helping me understand a lot about vaping.
As to PG and "bathroom products"- Pg is in toothpaste-shampoo- many if not all facial and perfume products etc.
Read the fine print labels on all of these. Also check out all your flavorings in the kitchen area.
And I certainly would be suspicious if I had received a p.o. box for an address and a false phone number with any order !!!.
I call all venders before I do business with them also-just as a safety measure when ordering anything.
Good luck with your allergies- I have some also and we do have to be careful.

Vagablonde

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2010
California via Norway
Thankfully this is not a popularity contest.
I thought the forums were about information.
I cant imagine to tell someone...you had a bad allergic reaction to something...if you did
stop vaping,what risk what risk!
or you should know 100% VG isnt really 100% VG,and assume everything has PG in it..
what future would you like to see for e-cigs
A healthier alternative .. or is that only for people without allergies.
Maybe its as simple as not claiming something is what its not.
It is not a personal issue..I dont care who buys what juice.

It's about people that do have allergies and informing them.
maybe I am just a voice.or to some the crybaby..or whatever
many vendors who have no issue to disclose information on thier products.
and in fact I have found them to be more then helpful.
Through these contacts I do know all flavor juice even nic juice does NOT all have PG in it.
and as far as my bathroom products go..Im not in there sucking them up through an e-cig.

I do however find it very interesting that some want to put this on me,
because I should know!
I will never for a moment feel bad because I asked if a product I purchased had PG in it.
But maybe the real issue is I didn't know to ask first before i ordered.

Maybe just maybe vendors have to have some responsibility as well.

The fact I have a post box should not disallow me information.
and my assuming bogus phone number..pfftt
as someone else stated... Ecitas industry standard
Until it happens to you or someone you care about,I might be the .......Im ok with that!

my2heartboys

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Kansas, USA
Sorry to hear of your experience. I have just completed my second order with them. My first order was just a couple of selected sample flavors. I found that I do like their hypnotic mist though. I have just completed my second order, and you can guess what flavor it is......yup, hypnotic mist. BTW--It is listed 100% VG.

Anne

shanagan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Texas
Sorry to hear of your experience. I have just completed my second order with them. My first order was just a couple of selected sample flavors. I found that I do like their hypnotic mist though. I have just completed my second order, and you can guess what flavor it is......yup, hypnotic mist. BTW--It is listed 100% VG.

Anne

It is, but the flavor carrier is PG. (Hypnotic Mist is a FlavourArt.com flavor - and it's only available with a PG flavor carrier.) That's kind of the issue.

Vchick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NE Ohio
I am fairly new to e-cigs
soon after using ejuice I ended up in hospital with some severe reactions to pg where my throat started closing up.
I had just made a few purchases of ejuice from a few suppliers..looking for that right one.
the emails began talking to the vendors about the juice and if it contained PG
Then I got to vaporbomb..and what an experiance that was
I emailed them and asked if specifically as thier juice is made to order..if the flavorings in the ejuices contained PG
as I ordered 100VG juice
The first response was basically that different juice had different pg vg and alcohol depending on the juice.
So I emailed them back with my order I had placed,Explained about the allergies and please if they could look at my order
and let me know if what I ordered had PG in it

I am clear when I read this that you knew of a PG allergy, when you inquired, you were advised some juices may containg 'PG'

Thier next reply .. sorry for the allergy .
Then basically told me 90% of all flavorings contain PG, as well as the majority of things that can be found in a household bathroom.
I wrote back saying that was a bit odd of a reply to a rather simple question,and Im aware PG is in household items
but I did not ask about those.
and asked again please can you tell me about the juice I ordered.
no reply,so I wrote back again

I still would like an answer to my original question..
I do seriously need to know..Im not trying to bother you with my question
I simply need to know if the ejuice I ordered all has PG in it please.
thanks again for your time

thier last reply :
Flavoring manufactures are not required and do not disclose that information.
I would assume that all of the e-liquids have pg in them.

I did not ask for his recipe,nor a refund,simply if the juice had PG?
I emailed many vendors about thier ejuice and they have been great with responding with this exception.

I find the response of vaporbomb to be a bit shocking,unprofessional,and bad Business!!!!

Yet you placed your order, then asked them to look over your order after being told that some juices contain "PG" and did not ask for a refund, I'm amazed, because now you think the vendors response was so unprofessional, you have say over where you spend your money, I am sure that they would have agreed to cancel your order, given your situation, rather than go through this.

On the positive side of it all.. I found the forums and ecigs and am ciggie free !!!!!!!!!!

I am not confused at all about this, and the "hindsight" comment has nothing to do with this, you knew about this all before contacting any vendor, you asked questions, were told that there were varying degrees of what you didn't want, yet you place the order and badmouth them

right..seems most flavor has VG in it so Im finding..and I wont touch any of it

And you're mixing your own liquid now? thought it was 'PG" you had issues with? guess this is where you're a little confused.I say I'm done, go back to hugging your tree

shanagan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Texas
I am not confused at all about this, and the "hindsight" comment has nothing to do with this, you knew about this all before contacting any vendor, you asked questions, were told that there were varying degrees of what you didn't want, yet you place the order and badmouth them

And you're mixing your own liquid now? thought it was 'PG" you had issues with? guess this is where you're a little confused.I say I'm done, go back to hugging your tree

What an uncalled for, reading comprehension fail of an addition to the thread. The pile-ons that are allowed are unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread