Status
Not open for further replies.

autobiogphnation

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Chicago
Hi
Can you share what atty's and the type of builds you are using? I currently build to about 1.5-2.0 ohms on a variety of devices and seem to always be about 24-28 watts. I'd like to only have to vape around 15-17 but curious as to which build I should be using.

Thanks!
Currently using a smok rsbt at 2.1ohms (target was 2) at 12-13ish watts. I'm still playing around. My kayfuns are both built similarly, 1.8 and 2.0 (I always target 2 ohms) and they do about the same as my rsbt. My RDAs are 1.3 and 1.0 ohms both dual coil, tobh and origen respectively. I'm still playing around to find my sweet spot on those.

windnsea26

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2013
San Diego, CA
Hi wind, Your builds seem a little hot to me. IMO not to many would enjoy 1.5-2 ohms at 24-28 watts which would require 6-6.5 volts. Maybe if you could tell us what toppers you are using, we could make some suggestions that might help.

One is an Origen v2 which I have usually around 1.8-2.0. Any suggestions you have is greatly appreciated.

Jdbaker82

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2014
United States
Why does it bother you?

because it requires a extra motion of my hand to aim it to see it. With the Cana I can see it from whatever position my hand is in its just a small annoyance I really like just being able to see it while it's sitting in my hand the way I vape it.

put it this way do you want your speedometer in your car on the floor or or in plain natural sight

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Coldpunk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2013
Columbia, Mo
because it requires a extra motion of my hand to aim it to see it. With the Cana I can see it from whatever position my hand is in its just a small annoyance I really like just being able to see it while it's sitting in my hand the way I vape it.

put it this way do you want your speedometer in your car on the floor or or in plain natural sight

I can understand your preference for seeing the screen. For me though, like the speedometer, once I set it on cruise control I don't need to see it until I need to change it.

Jdbaker82

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2014
United States
I can understand your preference for seeing the screen. For me though, like the speedometer, once I set it on cruise control I don't need to see it until I need to change it.

I'm the opposite because I change so many tanks drippers through the day I an screwing and unscrewing so many different builds

Coldpunk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2013
Columbia, Mo
I'm the opposite because I change so many tanks drippers through the day I an screwing and unscrewing so many different builds

The next big thing, ability of a chip to identify the atty, build, and what your preference is for the power accordingly.

autobiogphnation

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Chicago
Just depleted the battery down last night (no more bars on battery icon) and had to charge the device. I was using this almost ecvlusivly (barely used my ProVari's at all since Monday). I had been using attys with about 2ohm could and drippers with 1 and 1.3 dual coil builds, all at around 12watts (highest I went was 15 but not long lived). So almost 3 full days worth of my vaping habits on a single charge.
Normal mode as well for screen.

I only chain vape in my car or at home late at night. Otherwise it's maybe 3 good vapes every 45 to hour while at work. Drive to and from work is 20-40 min.

684Alpha

Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
Canada eh!
Looks great! That's probably as compact as you can go with an 18650 as far as box mods are concerned.

Now I'll just have to wait till vendors here in Canada start selling them ... with a $50-60 markup. LOL

You might be able to get one from Vapor Shark directly 22.50 for the cheapest shipping option. I had tried to buy a VS30 from them a couple months ago, but there was a problem with their Credit Card processing company accepting (or verifying international credit cards), and they couldn't do anything about it over the phone. If they have fixed it, no worries.

Your other option is to call Dash Vapes daily and tell him how much you NEED one of these, which may push him to get them sooner. They have been selling the Vapor Shark DNA30 for a little while now. I'm hoping he brings the DNAr in when I have some cash again :)
and these days, the mark up is almost the currency conversion rate :blink:

XBarbarian

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2014
Largo, FL
not clear what the difference between the rDNA and their other DNA is?

I need a new Mod to go with a Russian 91% or KFL+

Was originally thinking Provari, but became open to a box mod, looked at a cloupor DNA30 clone ( cheaper for sure.. but, often you get what you pay for ) so, Im open to a real DNA. the VS's look nice... worth the additional $20 for the rDNA?

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
not clear what the difference between the rDNA and their other DNA is?

I need a new Mod to go with a Russian 91% or KFL+

Was originally thinking Provari, but became open to a box mod, looked at a cloupor DNA30 clone ( cheaper for sure.. but, often you get what you pay for ) so, Im open to a real DNA. the VS's look nice... worth the additional $20 for the rDNA?
Here is a link where you can click on each one and read about them....

Advanced

ClintS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
San Diego area, CA
They also sell the VS DNA, Sharkskin, and Russian 91% as a combination package.

To make little more direct comparison on one page

rDNA (The r represents the user replaceable battery and also has the DNA 30 board)
3.25 x 1.67 x 0.92 Inches
Sony VTC4 (2100 mAh) User replaceable/swappable
800 mAh USB charging
US $190

Vapor Shark DNA 30
2.9 x 1.4 x 0.7 Inches
1200mah LiPo Battery (hardwired)
500 mAh USB charging
US $170

VaporShark DNA 20 is the same size and battery as the VS DNA 30, just the different DNA board. US $130

In the US they include free USPS 1st Class shipping with tracking which is just as quick as Priority Shipping from Florida to California. A signature was required for delivery of the VS DNA30, not so on the rDNA.

The first post of this thread has two photos for a visual of the size differences between the Clouper clone and both Vapor Shark devices.

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
VS DNA and rDNA....side-by-side

20140719_1409542_zpscacf5ff8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread