ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA

KoS

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2009
VT, USA
Sun--thanks--

I tested PG vs. VG, Super low to no-nicotine. I smoked a pack a day/20 yrs--no way it's too much nic. As for withdrawal, I haven't quit analogs, just cut back, so I don't think its that. It seems like the PG does not agree with me, I'm spacey for about an hour after vaping PG, not so with the VG. Open to suggestions though, because I have a rather large bottle of Riskee I want to vape

try cutting your riskey with VG and cpl drops distilled water. I don't get spacey anymore with that. Athough I am gonna have to test just PG agin because I think I had the dose to high. Have noticed that since I started cutting my skin came back to normal. I am not really the greatist test subject right now though cuz I am new to this for one. 2 Since I just upd stoped analogs (leave them right in front of me too) I am so flippin sick for the past cppl days. Flu, sore body, nasty cough mild fever and just overal weirdness. I atribute this to quiting analog and I hope I am not having a reaction to the PG in the juice or VG I cut it with.

BTW Totaly Wicked has 20% glycerol in it. At least the Vanilla also says Danger Toxic if Inhaled on the bottle 8-o I for one will use at my own risk. Got to be better than analogs and if not.... well we smoked them analogs not careing what was in them and even afer knowing we all still smoked religesly, at least untill we quit...

As for VG.. the jury is still out, same as every other chemical we use ( colerings, additives and such) not to mentionwhat we inhale in our daily lives. We know that acrolein is in analogs, we have been puffing for years. Acrolein COULD posibily be a byproduct of vaping VG? Hmm..... I will defitatly keep my ear to the ground but if I was truly worried I would move to an island or wayy up in the moutans, grow my own food and such.. you get the point.

KoS

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2009
VT, USA
On aside note:

I do aprechiate these threads. They do create a little bit of a panic but they also keep us all proactive Nothing worse than just sitting back and letting these companys put what ever they want in our stuff. On the other hand they do it with everything. FDA approval gives a false sense of security. "Yay the Gov says it's safe", 10 years later :shock::p

The bad thing about alarming threads like this they will b used aginst us, word by edited word...

incineradma

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Midwest
www.myspace.com
You know, I think there's a major issue that many people just aren't aware of. You don't know these people. You don't know who says they are a doctor, or could possibly be a doctor who does not have your best interest in mind. Governments of foreign countries or even our own have been known to cover up scandals (I could name some if you want examples, and cite sources) including the very real possibility of lethal chemicals given to the public in many different forms. You'd be silly to just think that every time an "accident" occured there was no one behind it.

And I wouldn't be surprised if someone wants to kill off a large number of people in a somewhat compact timeframe, by means of authorizing an unknown chemical to be used by a LARGE population (smokers? Smokers who want to smoke healthier?) with the notion that they aren't completely sure about the effects. "use at your own risk". And it's not at all bizarre to think that a company such as Johnson Creek could decide to take that same risk selling a product because they are pretty sure it's not going to backfire.

Look at our entire economy. Companies that have been trusted for years are falling apart and collapsing in on their own negligence, primarily because they figured they could take a shortcut like that other guy who came out with a few billion dollars in his pocket. People don't always exhaust all options. People cut corners. People look at the past and make assumptions about the present.

With this said, I don't see why everyone is ignoring the notion that the atomizer heats far beyond 280C, especially if you're taking a second hit right after, and so on. Not all of it is vaporized, just as some of it may be burned; the fumes of which could be inhaled and perhaps these are slight and seemingly without effect. However, cancer does not develop over the course of a cigarette drage. It progresses as harmful substances are introduced to a particular region of the body over the passing of time. What doesn't kill you today could be a step in that same direction.

Don't discount your paranoia. Splay it out and analyze. And don't just turn your head because you hope you're right. Then again, maybe you don't deserve the life you'll lose :/.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
And I wouldn't be surprised if someone wants to kill off a large number of people in a somewhat compact timeframe, by means of authorizing an unknown chemical to be used by a LARGE population ...

With this said, I don't see why everyone is ignoring the notion that the atomizer heats far beyond 280C, especially if you're taking a second hit right after, and so on. What doesn't kill you today could be a step in that same direction.

Don't discount your paranoia. Splay it out and analyze. And don't just turn your head because you hope you're right. Then again, maybe you don't deserve the life you'll lose :/.

Guy/Dude/Gal/ or whoever you are--nobody is trying to kill people with e-cigs--no goverment is out to get us--many of us have actually measured the heat of our atomizers and they do not go anywhere near 280C---and you are one paraniod individual that forgot to take their medication tonight---Sun

incineradma

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Midwest
www.myspace.com
Guy/Dude/Gal/ or whoever you are--nobody is trying to kill people with e-cigs--no goverment is out to get us--many of us have actually measured the heat of our atomizers and they do not go anywhere near 280C---and you are one paraniod individual that forgot to take their medication tonight---Sun

None of your business but I monitor my medication closely.

I can't see how you can possibly say that and take it seriously. It's well-known that the government has been responsible for one conspiracy after another, one cover up and then the next. On and on and on and on since the beginning of civilization. Millions of people dead dead dead. Secret orginizations who control the way the world is run. The course of the evolution of society. And because it's 2009 and Sun Vaporer states that it is so, suddenly we are rid of this problem? Seems pretty hard to believe.

I'm talking hard evidence. I'm talking accounts of individuals, groups, religious texts. Follow them and you will find a line and when you walk across it you will know the veil has been pulled tightly over your eyes and if you forget everything you think you know you will truely find knowledge.

Anyway, the point isn't government conspiracy, the point is that you should not merely trust the opinion of someone because they went to school longer. Information is everywhere. How far off the path do you wander?

For all you know, this person/people could seek to cloud the credit of this information by researching the Internet to sound credible and then making false claims to push people in a certain direction. Someone being a doctor means they are knowledgeable to certain extents. Experience being the most important. Experience with different kinds of information, different circumstances. And knowing about one thing will teach you about the next. If you stand to learn. Conducting an experiment will not give you difinitive answers. It has to be duplicated. More than a couple of times. If you aren't entirely familiar with all of the concepts you are using, and the ways in which they interact with eachother, you will find faulty evidence. An unaccountable opinion.

And futhermore, I not only saw a post about someone using a flat iron stating the Glysubstance did not vaporize until reaching a temperature beyond that of the estimated atomizer temperature, but Jignt or whatever the spelling did an experiment in which the atomizer temperature when far beyond 280C.

This shows a diversity in evidence and it seems very silly to make an assumption either way. Any number of things could have led to mistake, but there is clearly no difinitive temperature listed since there have been results in less than 200 and over 300. And you'll declare this safe? Try and pay attention. And I'm female, though I'm surprised you'd throw the opposite out there first since I'm wearing a pink shirt in my avatar.

incineradma

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Midwest
www.myspace.com
Don't mean to double post (I can't find a way to edit?)

but I would also like to throw out there that as it was stated before, metal does not turn red at 280C. You can search google as I did and the site I found this information backed-up on agreed with it though I don't know where else to find this info. It said that all metals are virtually the same (any regular metal) and the minimum was 400C. I have definately seen my atomizer glow a brilliant orange. So I can assure you something is going to get burned, here.

strayling

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2009
Seattle, USA
Don't mean to double post (I can't find a way to edit?)

You get to edit when you've posted a couple more messages I think.

Oh yeah, the heating coils in atomisers are made of nichrome which melts at 1400 °C, but doesn't hold much heat. If you read up on the difference between heat and temperature you'll realise that the diversity you see in those experiments is just the laws of physics in action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread