RDA Velocity RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
NY
The little notch is kind of pita to line up though. No big deal, I'll make a notch on the outside of the tank to make alignment easier.

View attachment 526797

Never found this to be an issue, I just push it on and spin clockwise until it clicks. Works every time.

sent using Tapatalk

KGB7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
Rockville, MD
My first attempt at making dual coil setup on a Velocity.

SS430, 2 strands of 28G twisted, 3mm ID, 10 wraps, Rayon, 0.37 ohms.

velocity.jpg

KGB7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
Rockville, MD
As my first RDA, im highly impressed. Vaped it at 100W; vape production is amazing thanks to deep juice channels that holds a lot of juice, thus it takes longer for wick to get dry then the RDAs i have tried. And flavor stays on point.

Having longer wick tails that you can place on deck into deeper juice channels, you get a warning before you get that nasty dry hit vs shallow juice channels and shorter wick tails that many RDAs have.

Ive tried many of my friends RDAs, and IMHO, Velocity is hard to beat in many categories. Even my friends, who are hard core RDA vapers, gave two thumbs up to Velocity.

Tobeco did a great job cloning it. One small complaint that i have, the threads where you screw it in the drip tip, are a bit rough. Easy fix with 600 grit sandpaper.

I can drip the juice between the posts into the juice wells with ease, let it sit for 30sec as wick absorbs it. Simple, clean and no mess.

Attachments

• 20160203_041243.jpg
    20160203_041243.jpg
    790.4 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

Tol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
NY
I absolutely love mine. I just got a Marquis clone also from Tobeco, and it is nice, flavor is great when you get the build right, but I still prefer the Velocity hands down. IMHO the Velocity is a much nicer quality clone than the Marquis, even though it's the same company. I am going to order a Velocity Mini next and probably one of the Velocity style RTAs.

I have also been thinking about trying the Trinity glass top cap that they make for the velocity to see how affects the flavor, and being able to see everything is kinda cool too. My only hesitation is the lack of AFC, you get 2 wide open cyclops holes blown into the glass when it is made. I normally do not have the bottom hols open wide on my velocity and never use indirect air holes. I may do it anyway and either deal with always wide open air or figure a way around that.

Reactions: KGB7

MintyDripper

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2015
I have a velocity clone, can never see myself spending 100+ on the orginal, that price point is just rediculous.. Anyway, with that said i love it. Great rda and sooo easy to build on, theres so much space in there if your a decent builder with a capable mod you can even get a quad coil in there. Love the airflow options, only thing i dont like is that the thing is not the best looking rda..in fact after having it for a few months i think its ugly lol. But still a great rda. Looks pretty nice on an mvp tho. Happy Vaping!
IMG_20151216_153044.jpg

MintyDripper

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2015
I like it better in black personally and like the simple, minimalist design. It may not be the prettiest around, but it does what it is supposed to do EXTREMELY well. :)
Yea, i actually ordered it in black and they shipped me the wrong one..but i didnt want to send it back and wait for the black one so i just kept it. But i agree, its an excellent rda and works like a dream. Its a cloud chucking machine! I'm gonna get the mini black one in a few days, also looking into getting the Doge V2 heard that was the best out of the doges?

dodari

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2011
New Mexico
Just got my Velocity in the mail. I'm wondering what and how to build for this thing coil-wise???

I'm a MTL-er and into flavor and TH, not a cloud chaser.

I'm thinking landing in the 1+Ohm area would be good for me.

What wire(I have a range of Kanthal A-1 wires, only) and coil diameters and such should I use? Single or dual coil? Any other advice please?

I have mods that can do TC but I've never used that aspect of them, no real desire to.

Thanks.

Reactions: MintyDripper

MintyDripper

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2015
Just got my Velocity in the mail. I'm wondering what and how to build for this thing coil-wise???

What wire(I have a range of Kanthal A-1 wires, only) and coil diameters and such should I use? Single or dual coil? Any other advice please?

I have mods that can do TC but I've never used that aspect of them, no real desire to.

Thanks.
Well, i'm a sub ohm guy myself, i'm usually vaping below .5 most of the time. if you wanna hit 1ohm or above 26g and higher would be the best i'm thinking. Depending on what coil setup your gonna use too makes a big difference. I think Single coil is usually easier to hit 1ohm but if you do enough wraps with dual coil you could reach it. Theres probly someone on here that can give you a way better answer then me lol. Download SteamEngine if you can too, its a lot of help when it comes to coil building. What Mod are you using?

MintyDripper

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2015

Thanks.
For Dual coil Try 10 wraps of 28g 3mm diameter, should come out at 1ohm or higher. For single coil do 7 wraps 26g 3mm should come out about the same, let me know how it goes?

Reactions: Tol

Tol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
NY
For Dual coil Try 10 wraps of 28g 3mm diameter, should come out at 1ohm or higher. For single coil do 7 wraps 26g 3mm should come out about the same, let me know how it goes?
Either of these MintyDripper suggested should do alright, or go higher gauge wire on duals to get there. If you go with a single coil, you can try 8 wraps of 26 ga on 2.5mm right through the center of the posts so the ends of your coils face the air holes. I had good results building like that. If you build a single normally, you might want to block off one of the airholes. I normally don't build that high or MTL, sorry I can't suggest an exact build that works well for that.

sent using Tapatalk

Reactions: MintyDripper

MintyDripper

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2015
Yea the Velocity is deff gotta be in everyones collection, great for any flavor chaser or cloud chaser, and the build variety is endless with the thing. Love the Mutation X V4 too, just wish it had bigger juice wells, and you gotta drip so damn careful with the thing or you'll get juice pooring down your mod..no one wants that.. lol but these two are usually my go to Vapes. Mvp Pro 3.0/Velocity, Istick 100w/Mutation X V4. (Bad Pic Quality) lol
IMG_20151229_040759.jpg

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
Yea the Velocity is deff gotta be in everyones collection, great for any flavor chaser or cloud chaser, and the build variety is endless with the thing. Love the Mutation X V4 too, just wish it had bigger juice wells, and you gotta drip so damn careful with the thing or you'll get juice pooring down your mod..no one wants that.. lol but these two are usually my go to Vapes. Mvp Pro 3.0/Velocity, Istick 100w/Mutation X V4. (Bad Pic Quality) lol View attachment 528090
Is the Authentic any better?

Thanks, Jim

MintyDripper

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2015
Is the Authentic any better?

Thanks, Jim
I wouldnt know personally, i have a clone.. but i've read and seen reviews of people that own both and they said theres no difference besides a few mm in height and the enourmous price gap lol. as long as you buy a good clone, tobeco seems to be the best out there for the clone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread