RDA Velocity RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPearce7

Apr 16, 2015
Dothan, AL
Try turning the cap 90 degrees for better flavor. It seems (to me anyway) to make better flavor if the cyclops holes point directly at the screw side of the posts instead of the coils. It hampers cloud production, but increases the flavor some. YMMV.

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

I thought you were a made up person that flies around in a biplane and shoots at Charlie

Tol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
NY
Thinking about getting one of these. How does it do with leaking when set on it side with the vents closed?

Do the tobeco version come with the Bf pin?
I have not had any leaks that were not caused by me overdripping. I generally just make sure the well is empty before pocketing though.

The tobeco clone did not come with a BF pin, but you can get one for it.

sent using Tapatalk

Tol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
NY
Latest build: .95 ohm, 24 ga Kanthal, 2.5mm ID, 12 wraps. Felt like running a single for a bit. Works well, but I still prefer my dual builds.

225ed21131ec8ca4147100ce6de3dfd2.jpg

sent using Tapatalk

chillaxing

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2013
los angeles, ca
I have not had any leaks that were not caused by me overdripping. I generally just make sure the well is empty before pocketing though.

The tobeco clone did not come with a BF pin, but you can get one for it.

sent using Tapatalk

Can you link me to where I can get the pin? thanks

Edit: found one

Do the pins work with the Mini or do they have a BF pin made for the Mini?

Last edited:

Tol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
NY
Can you link me to where I can get the pin? thanks

Edit: found one

Do the pins work with the Mini or do they have a BF pin made for the Mini?
I believe they work on the mini but I only a full size and not bought a BF pin yet. I may need to get one soon though, I do miss squonking.

sent using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Tol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
NY
Very excited to use the one i just ordered, is coming to papa oohhh yeah!

Never had a good RDA with proper space to work and posts like the velocity, i had an experience with the omega rda, good dripper but little space, juice well too shallow, not a good overall.
You will love it. This thing is just great. Dead simple to build, lots of room, great flavor & vapor.

sent using Tapatalk

Reactions: AstroTurf

novaracer69

Dec 6, 2015
Today me and the wife went to a vape shops that had the clone for 25bucks. Hearing all the hype about it I said why not give it a shot. I got it home and placed it into the ultrasonic cleaner for 30 minutes while I whipped up some 2x26gn80 fused with 40gn80. All clean and ready for some surface area lol. I ended up with 8wraps 3mm id @.20 wicked with cotton bacon v2 70 watts. Wow the hype is real, the flavor is better than good it's the best vaping rda I own. The only flaw I have is with the quality of the grub screws. That's pretty common in this industry. I give it 2thumbs up!

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
Had my velocity for a little over a week now, tried 8 different builds the first day and finaly settled on an ok build that's ben in use for the last 5 days. I understand the hype of ease of build/room, I understand the hype of deep juice wells, I understand the hype about it being a cloud machine, but I DO NOT understand how anyone is getting any decent flavor? My rtas put this to shame flavor wise...

Currently has a dual twisted 26g build at .2 resistance, using it on an unregulated mod(tesla 2)

Tol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
NY
The only flaw I have is with the quality of the grub screws. That's pretty common in this industry. I give it 2thumbs up!

You can get replacement, slotted screws from Avid. I got a set from them and they fit fine on the clone. Also Vaping Walrus sells screws and o-rings for the Tobeco verson.

sent using Tapatalk

Tol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
NY
but I DO NOT understand how anyone is getting any decent flavor? My rtas put this to shame flavor wise..

Maybe position of your coils or AFC settings? I close the top indirect airflow completely and tend to close the main cyclops holes significantly.

Mine currently looks like this:

0b481f7c3484b2b444ef4b082d0e1df2.jpg

5f52802e03b25b7049bbc6c2dfb85c2c.jpg

Aside from BADLY needing a dry burn..

Dual 26ga NiChrome, 3 mm ID at 0.5 ohm and it tastes great. I run Kanthal with the same kind of build and it works great as well.

sent using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread