RDA Veritas rda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrian Ludvik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Ocala, Florida, United States
I've only been using single horizontal coils. Flavors the best of the attys I have IMO. Mines a clone, I have a plume veil clone, and a mutation x. After vaping the mutation x for a while I feel like the veritas is no longer giving me enough airflow.

I might try drilling out the airhole. I wonder if anyone has done this yet.

Hawaii

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2014
Houston
Does anybody have the authentic Veritas rda? I need photos of the box it came in and the RDA itself. All angles of the atty. The reason is because I really want to know how it comes. If I'm really getting the authentic one? I have a clone and and the insulator is bad and so is the metal. It's still emitting some smell after a good cleaning by washing, alcohol, and also torching. So I dished out the $120 and I just didn't want to be misled by receiving a clone or a counterfeit. Please help me. [emoji30]

sandman97289

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
San Jose, CA, USA
Does anybody have the authentic Veritas RDA? I need photos of the box it came in and the RDA itself. All angles of the atty. The reason is because I really want to know how it comes. If I'm really getting the authentic one? I have a clone and and the insulator is bad and so is the metal. It's still emitting some smell after a good cleaning by washing, alcohol, and also torching. So I dished out the $120 and I just didn't want to be misled by receiving a clone or a counterfeit. Please help me. [emoji30]

Funny, I have the same exact issue with my Veritas clone. I get a metallic taste. It's gone down after about 1-2 weeks of usage but it's still there.

Pedrobear

Verified Member
Aug 3, 2014
PA
So, I have to use my phone to take pics and this is the best I could get, damn hands shake to much :/ The "Authentic" insulator seat is milled into the deck with rounded "points" to hold the insulator nut in place, in the "seat". Id imagine 50%ish is seate3d inside the deck and not able to be seen without full disassembly. The clones I saw at 2 B&M's this past weekend had that "same" insulator sitting on a "flush" deck top held down by the bottom nut only, missing that milled and rounded edge seat. Also got part of the box in the backround. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Hawaii

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2014
Houston
So, I have to use my phone to take pics and this is the best I could get, damn hands shake to much :/ The "Authentic" insulator seat is milled into the deck with rounded "points" to hold the insulator nut in place, in the "seat". Id imagine 50%ish is seate3d inside the deck and not able to be seen without full disassembly. The clones I saw at 2 B&M's this past weekend had that "same" insulator sitting on a "flush" deck top held down by the bottom nut only, missing that milled and rounded edge seat. Also got part of the box in the backround. Hope this helps.

Good photos. Yeah the clone I have has got the insulator 50% seated. So it's the same as authentic.

Hawaii

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2014
Houston
Funny, I have the same exact issue with my Veritas clone. I get a metallic taste. It's gone down after about 1-2 weeks of usage but it's still there.

Yeah I really hope when this new "authentic" one gets here, It will be tasting like a normal RDA. So disappointed when you vape and it'll be tasting nutty-mettalic along with the flavor. I'm moving up from the Nautilus and if this come in and taste the same, I might as well go back to it. At least they're leak proof.

Pedrobear

Verified Member
Aug 3, 2014
PA
Yeah I really hope when this new "authentic" one gets here, It will be tasting like a normal RDA. So disappointed when you vape and it'll be tasting nutty-mettalic along with the flavor. I'm moving up from the Nautilus and if this come in and taste the same, I might as well go back to it. At least they're leak proof.

Nautilus is a very solid product. I have both the mini and regular, well the wife has them now lol, and they def. have set the bar pretty high for what I will use. Only 40ish days in to vaping, but the Veritas trumps everything I will list, hard. Well worth the 120 bucks.

-Magma clone
-Nautilus mini/regular
-Kayfun light+ w/e nano

Not much I know, but thanks to the forums, I can "live through other people." Now, Im waiting on the Plumeviel 1.5 to release and compare. 2 heavyweights! However, the Veritas never leaking is pretty hard to beat, thats a huge +!

Maybe when you get the legit authentic, you could maybe post some of the differences (if any) between the clone and auth!

Hawaii

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2014
Houston
Nautilus is a very solid product. I have both the mini and regular, well the wife has them now lol, and they def. have set the bar pretty high for what I will use. Only 40ish days in to vaping, but the Veritas trumps everything I will list, hard. Well worth the 120 bucks.

-Magma clone
-Nautilus mini/regular
-Kayfun light+ w/e nano

Not much I know, but thanks to the forums, I can "live through other people." Now, Im waiting on the Plumeviel 1.5 to release and compare. 2 heavyweights! However, the Veritas never leaking is pretty hard to beat, thats a huge +!

Maybe when you get the legit authentic, you could maybe post some of the differences (if any) between the clone and auth!

Yes Pedrobear, I will surely post photos and give my little review of the differences of them both. I can't wait for that vape mail. Hopefully next week I'll get it. From what I understand, the Veritas is one of those rare one's that fit seamlessly with the Provari Mini 2.5 with the beauty ring that I already have. I've seen photos of the Magma which would've been my second choice but it had a gap so the ring would be floating around. I'm a picky person and that would kinda drive me cray cray. :2cool:

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
For anybody who has this atty, I built a single PARALLEL vertical coil @ .8 ohms and it just ROCKS in flavor. Vapor is solid too.

Rip Trippers has a tutorial on how to build a single parallel coil.

Do yourself a f(l)avor and try this build.

Thanks. That will be my next build.

AMDTrucking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2013
California
I've got a Big 26650 Veritas now. Built with "Cloud Chasers Inc." 22 Gauge Flat Wire in a single coil at 0.213 Ohms and Rayon.

I'm not very impressed with it so far. Granted, it is a FastTech clone, it came with a crooked airhole that I had to drill to fix.
But my Small Veritas (also clone by ToBeCo) performs better. IMO

Jmerh6c.jpg

Small Veritas:

NUwOX0t.jpg

Hawaii

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2014
Houston

-Magma clone
-Nautilus mini/regular
-Kayfun light+ w/e nano

Now have 2 clones and one authentic. Should've got the authentic in the first place. No matter what I did, (i.e. Hot water bath, lemon juice bath, torched) I could never get rid of the pungent metallic odor coming from it. Got the second clone and it was almost as good as the authentic. Only problem was the sucky insulator. It never seated right. It was the wrong size or the clone was wrong. One cool feature which I so appreciated was that the top cover seats over the body just right. No struggling like the two other clones where you'd have to grease it with motor oil to get in on or to spin. :D The tolerances is on point here on the authentic Veritas. I'm not a clone type of person but I've decided to get the clones because it was sold out everywhere. Never again I waste my money and get them. You get what you pay for. Here's some things I've found to tell the difference. See photos.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411217117.567355.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411217135.114403.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411217144.915607.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411217154.382878.jpg

Last edited:

Hawaii

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2014
Houston
question about adjusting the airflow.
does it have to be screwed on really really tight for me to be able to twist the top cap to adjust the airflow?
only did it once when i tested it on my old vamo which i dont use anymore and the base really got stuck on it after.

The Veritas top cap spins freely on the body when lubed with juice. Just turn the top cap to close-off air hole or open.

errolng

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
Home
The Veritas top cap spins freely on the body when lubed with juice. Just turn the top cap to close-off air hole or open.

do you tighten it all the way or just till the tightening gets stiff?
scared to do so on mine as i don't want to destroy the threading or the connection on my mod

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
I've got a Big 26650 Veritas now. Built with "Cloud Chasers Inc." 22 Gauge Flat Wire in a single coil at 0.213 Ohms and Rayon.

I'm not very impressed with it so far. Granted, it is a FastTech clone, it came with a crooked airhole that I had to drill to fix.
But my Small Veritas (also clone by ToBeCo) performs better. IMO

Jmerh6c.jpg

Small Veritas:

NUwOX0t.jpg

AMD, have you tried doing a simple shouldered wick? I think this device loves airflow. It seems to throw better flavor for me with less wick. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread