Status
Not open for further replies.

Heespharm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2014
Htown,tx
That's what I thought. I just wish he had said why he was putting it there.

I do it for two reasons a slight boost in flavor and to protect the plastic washer from melting (which has happened on me twice now)... But I don't use a piece near as large as what he uses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawaii

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2014
Houston
Which typically falls to the retailer (stocking parts). Don't know if they can't get parts from the manufacturer or if there isn't enough volume to justify. ??

Some RDA's come with spare parts and most don't. If you ask me, all manufacturers should sell authentics with spare parts along with a serial number for $120. Anybody can duplicate a stamp on the deck or cover on a clone. If they can't do a serial number then why not a certificate or a scratch-off like Aspire. It really shouldn't be the retailer. IMO

Hawaii

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2014
Houston
Which typically falls to the retailer (stocking parts). Don't know if they can't get parts from the manufacturer or if there isn't enough volume to justify. ??

Some RDA's come with spare parts and most don't. If you ask me, all manufacturers should sell authentics with spare parts along with a serial number for $120. Anybody can duplicate a stamp on the deck or cover on a clone. If they can't do a serial number then why not a certificate or a scratch-off like Aspire. It really shouldn't be the retailer. IMO

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012

I agree, there should be spare parts that come with the atty...especially at $120. At least the common ones...screws, o-rings, etc. But then if folks buy them knowing there are no spare parts then it is buyer beware to an extent. I just wish I could figure out why the support is so poor from a highly respected manufacturer. I can say that when the Kayfun first came out, spare parts were not easy to come by. Yes, you got an extra screw and some o-rings, but there are a lot of parts in a Kayfun and you couldn't find those at first. Still probably wouldn't be able to find them if they hadn't become so popular. But there's money to be made on those spares so now you can find them everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread