RDA Veritas rda

Status
Not open for further replies.

HKholic

Verified Member
Jul 12, 2014
Texas
Now have 2 clones and one authentic. Should've got the authentic in the first place. No matter what I did, (i.e. Hot water bath, lemon juice bath, torched) I could never get rid of the pungent metallic odor coming from it.

This is my experience with a clone as well. Thought it was my build, the design, or something else. Quit using it shortly thereafter. Looks like I need to try the authentic. Nasty metallic taste :nah:

Hawaii

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2014
Houston
This is my experience with a clone as well. Thought it was my build, the design, or something else. Quit using it shortly thereafter. Looks like I need to try the authentic. Nasty metallic taste :nah:

Yup the authentic is the real deal. No metal taste and better built. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412127157.206094.jpg

Hawaii

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2014
Houston
Now have 2 clones and one authentic. Should've got the authentic in the first place. No matter what I did, (i.e. Hot water bath, lemon juice bath, torched) I could never get rid of the pungent metallic odor coming from it. Got the second clone and it was almost as good as the authentic. Only problem was the sucky insulator. It never seated right. It was the wrong size or the clone was wrong. One cool feature which I so appreciated was that the top cover seats over the body just right. No struggling like the two other clones where you'd have to grease it with motor oil to get in on or to spin. :D The tolerances is on point here on the authentic Veritas. I'm not a clone type of person but I've decided to get the clones because it was sold out everywhere. Never again I waste my money and get them. You get what you pay for. Here's some things I've found to tell the difference. See photos.
View attachment 375210 View attachment 375211 View attachment 375212 View attachment 375213

Well here we go. Now I'm really confused. I thought maybe I got the authentic $120 Veritas RDA but now I've found this one online this evening. Now which is the "REAL" AUTHENTIC ONE? Is the maker adding these extra stamps on the deck and below the air hole now? Veritas should implement some serial numbers and such. Would be nice to spend $120 on the real one huh? Screen Shot 2014-10-03 at 11.25.13 PM.jpg

Well here we go. Now I'm really confused. I thought maybe I got the authentic $120 Veritas RDA but now I've found this one online this evening. Now which is the "REAL" AUTHENTIC ONE? Is the maker adding these extra stamps on the deck and below the air hole now? Veritas should implement some serial numbers and such. Would be nice to spend $120 on the real one huh? View attachment 378697
Same confusion here, was watching some reviews on the authentic Veritas and noticed they was not the same as the one we have. It has the markings like yours. So we are curious to the authenticity of it?

Hawaii

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2014
Houston
Same confusion here, was watching some reviews on the authentic Veritas and noticed they was not the same as the one we have. It has the markings like yours. So we are curious to the authenticity of it?

Yeah I really don't know who to believe anymore. Should I get all 5 and clones included? No way. The makers should let the public know that it's authentic with a serial number or a scratch off kinda like Aspire.

dmska

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011
Well here we go. Now I'm really confused. I thought maybe I got the authentic $120 Veritas RDA but now I've found this one online this evening. Now which is the "REAL" AUTHENTIC ONE? Is the maker adding these extra stamps on the deck and below the air hole now? Veritas should implement some serial numbers and such. Would be nice to spend $120 on the real one huh? View attachment 378697

I'm going to guess that is just a newer version of the veritas, with the ihybrid "symbol" to stay one step ahead of the cloners.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
I own the authentic a loved it until I needed a new peek insulator. I've contacted the vendor I bought it from and ihybrid to pick one up.

The vendor has tried to be helpful but ihybrid will not support their product. So if you are thinking of buying the authentic and need support don't look for any help from the manufacturer, you'll simply be ignored.

I purchase authentic's for a reason, with ihybrid I don't believe that reason is valid anymore.

Hawaii

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2014
Houston
I own the authentic a loved it until I needed a new peek insulator. I've contacted the vendor I bought it from and ihybrid to pick one up.

The vendor has tried to be helpful but ihybrid will not support their product. So if you are thinking of buying the authentic and need support don't look for any help from the manufacturer, you'll simply be ignored.

I purchase authentic's for a reason, with ihybrid I don't believe that reason is valid anymore.

Me too. Happened to me also. Never got back to me. I WAS SO SAD my friends. I paid the price like how we usually pay top-dollar on high end products but no customer support. Weird how some people make a product and it could be a good one but never stand by it and the most important of all, "embrace their customer base". We already paid the authentic price, not the clone price. :confused:

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Well, that really sucks. Sorry to hear it. I checked fyre fly ecigs as they carry spare parts, but everything is out of stock.

Thanks dmska, I keep checking but they have ben out of stock for a long time.

There is always a debate about clone vs. authentic and manufactures that produce authentic's and don't support their equipment have people question the reasons to purchase authentic's.

Damn shame!

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Not really sure and it's not completely shot just a little shady.

I used it all the time and it was my go to dripper. When I say all the time, almost every night. I run a 26 ga 1 ohm horizontal and my leads never came close. I went to recoil and clean it real good one day and noticed it charred. Nothing terrible but I want a backup.

Hawaii

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2014
Houston
Question: Why is Rip putting a wick behind the positive leg? Is he really trying to add a flavor wick here or does he have something else in mind? He never said. Starts at the 12:25 mark. Seems it could only inhibit the air flow to me.

I've tried putting the wick behind the coil because of that video awhile ago and the flavor was significantly increased but the airflow wasn't there. Very hard to Draw. If it came with 2 or 3 air holes, (Version 2 recommended) it would've been stellar and I'm not wanting to bore out more holes on the authentic. Will try it on the clone.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I've tried putting the wick behind the coil because of that video awhile ago and the flavor was significantly increased but the airflow wasn't there. Very hard to Draw. If it came with 2 or 3 air holes, (Version 2 recommended) it would've been stellar and I'm not wanting to bore out more holes on the authentic. Will try it on the clone.

Your results make total sense to me. I never put a wick behind the + leg. Didn't see how it would improve the vape experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread