The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

VERSION 2.5 Vision ViVi Nova Is IN STOCK Now, VIVI NOVA Review Thread

Discussion in 'MyVape' started by Vapor2112, Apr 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Violy

Violy Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 4, 2010
    NC
    I filled it up and am in vaping heaven now. Thanks GotVapes XD

2. yiddleboge6

yiddleboge6 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 25, 2012
    PA
    the metal tubes are aluminum :)

3. Debadoo

Debadoo ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 18, 2012
    Texas, near Fort Hood
    Glad you're lovin yours, they're great!! As fast as GV ships, he'll dang near have it......"right now"!! lol

4. Debadoo

Debadoo ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 18, 2012
    Texas, near Fort Hood
    Danno, any idea when 2.4 ohm heads will be back in stock? Also, do y'all have any plans to stock extra o rings for these, or any way to get them?

5. Skeetergirl

Skeetergirl Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 15, 2011
    Albertville, AL
    I am also wondering when the 2.4 ohm heads will be back in stock?

6. Lt. Col. Killjoy

Lt. Col. Killjoy Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 27, 2011
    Warsaw, Indiana

I second this. O rings will eventually fail. It would be nice to replace them instead of buying a new unit.

7. MiamiMom63

MiamiMom63 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2012
    South Florida
    I started trying to skim this thread but it's huge (2,526 posts). I received my vivi nova yesterday. First thing I noticed is when I put it on my Provari and checked the ohms of the head that came already on it, it was reading 3.4 ohms. Well, I figured "Okay, got a hot one here that's not accurate." hmm..Slowly increased voltage and kept checking and it's stayed at 3.4 ohms even today, on day 2. It gets really hot. It gets so hot that I'm getting alot of condensation in the mouthpiece, which causes gurgling. Also, condensation of juice coming out the bottom vent holes that I have to wipe down periodically. The flavor isn't very good. I can't vape on it too long and steady due to condensation and having to pull it off and clean out the drip tip and wipe off the bottom. The coil is a bad one for this. I guess I will try the other heads in the kit and see what ohms they are and throw out this head.

I was just thinking I should mention it though in case anyone else has this problem. Also, was thinking that if I just had an EGO type device and not able to read the ohms, I would be wondering why I wasn't getting much vapor or a good flavor off this thing. So I figured people that don't have a device that reads ohms should probably be aware of this in case theirs doesn't seem to be producing the right flavor and vapor.

8. Doogmar

Doogmar Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2012
    Lake Tahoe
    I noticed that both of my 2.4 omh heads started out like at maybe 2.6 ohms. After using them a bit and washing them, and dry burning them, they read at about 2.9-3.0.

9. VaporHead512

VaporHead512 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 16, 2012
    TX
    Something weird with the 2.4 ohm heads. I'm guessing that's why they aren't available to purchase right now.

10. harleydiva

harleydiva Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 9, 2012
    Southern Michigan
    I'm not sure it's the 2.4 heads....that is pretty much all I use, and have never had a problem. I don't much care what it reads....just set it where it tastes good. I'm not a high voltage vapor tho.....4.0 is high for me. I hang between 3.7 and 3.9 most of the time.

11. Doogmar

Doogmar Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2012
    Lake Tahoe
    Yeah I think they are out because those are the ones everyone likes. I haven't tried the other 2 heads though. Every couple of tankfuls, or when I switch flavors, I take it apart, and wash everything, dry it the best I can, then dry burn it until the coils glow, then I'm gtg for another round.

12. leon18

leon18 Full Member

Oct 2, 2012
    Malaysia
  13. yiddleboge6

yiddleboge6 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 25, 2012
    PA
  14. jonayran

jonayran Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 9, 2011
    in a box.
    just bought a vivinova and a silver bullet. I've read that the Vivi will short out the SB? Is this still happening? How many people has had this happened to them? I'm a little worried.

15. rdsok

rdsok ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 17, 2012
    Norman, Ok
    The SB is a mechanical mod without any protection circuitry, so it is no less likely to be blown using a Vivi Nova than with any other carto/tank that may end up shorting out. Always test any carto/tank/atty you have before you use it to ensure that it isn't shorted out and before you attach it to a battery of any type.

16. WallyO

WallyO Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 26, 2012
    Cicero,IL
    And use a 2 cent fuse if you can.

17. KaiBot

KaiBot Moved On

Dec 30, 2012
    no
    OK so let me start off by saying that for the past few nights well maybe a week before I fall asleep I have gone through and read every single post in this thread..... I know that it is pretty much inactive and long forgot by now but I feel like a vivi nova stalker at this point lol. What brought me here was what I now know to be a poorly researched buying choice. I saw tons of people talking about how much they loved their vivi Nova and thought to myself .."self...you should get one of those" so I found a website selling them that I had bought juice from before that I really liked and ordered unaware that there were even different versions available. When I got mine I thought that it was just OK but not worth all the hype. Went ahead and got another for my husband because he liked the ideal and figured heck I will get a backup for myself maybe I will learn to love these things...... my second one was awful, I mean such a tight hit I was getting a toothache from trying to pull the vapor through. So this is when I start to research..... the versions that we got have the holes in the base, some have 1 hole others have 2 holes. The wicks are the weird kind with 2 strands and one just lays there on top not in the coils. I am guessing that these are the version 1, I have no ideal at this point. All I know is that it is a very very tight draw and the flavors taste bland, not burnt just barely there. Anyways though the real point of my post is just to say thank you to everyone who posted in here with all the information and tips because now I know to get one from gotvapes to try out and hopefully enjoy since these that I wasted all this money on I have darn near chucked in the trash bin several times. Also thank you for all the entertaining off topic conversations you guys had that jet me entertained and awake many hours a night later then I should have been!

18. Rolondo

Rolondo Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 4, 2010
    Seattle
    Kaibot - I bought a version 1 a long time ago and was dissappointed - almost threw it away but decided to try the most current screw on replacement head from GV and it worked great and didn't leak - still using it with 2.4 ohm heads and now have 3 more VN tanks and love 'em all - my version 1 has two airholes in the base, never seen one with only one hole - you might not be able to save that one.

19. sandybeach

sandybeach Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 8, 2011
    Chicago
    KaiBot, I learned that the hard way too, buying the ones with thread laying on top of the wick. Vision has a list of vendors that sell the genuine ones. GotVapes is one.

20. Adrena

Adrena ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 14, 2011
    Washington
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.