VERSION 2.5 Vision ViVi Nova Is IN STOCK Now, VIVI NOVA Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
I started trying to skim this thread but it's huge (2,526 posts). I received my vivi nova yesterday. First thing I noticed is when I put it on my Provari and checked the ohms of the head that came already on it, it was reading 3.4 ohms. Well, I figured "Okay, got a hot one here that's not accurate." hmm..Slowly increased voltage and kept checking and it's stayed at 3.4 ohms even today, on day 2. It gets really hot. It gets so hot that I'm getting alot of condensation in the mouthpiece, which causes gurgling. Also, condensation of juice coming out the bottom vent holes that I have to wipe down periodically. The flavor isn't very good. I can't vape on it too long and steady due to condensation and having to pull it off and clean out the drip tip and wipe off the bottom. The coil is a bad one for this. I guess I will try the other heads in the kit and see what ohms they are and throw out this head.

I was just thinking I should mention it though in case anyone else has this problem. Also, was thinking that if I just had an EGO type device and not able to read the ohms, I would be wondering why I wasn't getting much vapor or a good flavor off this thing. So I figured people that don't have a device that reads ohms should probably be aware of this in case theirs doesn't seem to be producing the right flavor and vapor.

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
just bought a vivinova and a silver bullet. I've read that the Vivi will short out the SB? Is this still happening? How many people has had this happened to them? I'm a little worried.

The SB is a mechanical mod without any protection circuitry, so it is no less likely to be blown using a Vivi Nova than with any other carto/tank that may end up shorting out. Always test any carto/tank/atty you have before you use it to ensure that it isn't shorted out and before you attach it to a battery of any type.

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL
The SB is a mechanical mod without any protection circuitry, so it is no less likely to be blown using a Vivi Nova than with any other carto/tank that may end up shorting out. Always test any carto/tank/atty you have before you use it to ensure that it isn't shorted out and before you attach it to a battery of any type.

And use a 2 cent fuse if you can.

KaiBot

Moved On
Dec 30, 2012
no
OK so let me start off by saying that for the past few nights well maybe a week before I fall asleep I have gone through and read every single post in this thread..... I know that it is pretty much inactive and long forgot by now but I feel like a vivi nova stalker at this point lol. What brought me here was what I now know to be a poorly researched buying choice. I saw tons of people talking about how much they loved their vivi Nova and thought to myself .."self...you should get one of those" so I found a website selling them that I had bought juice from before that I really liked and ordered unaware that there were even different versions available. When I got mine I thought that it was just OK but not worth all the hype. Went ahead and got another for my husband because he liked the ideal and figured heck I will get a backup for myself maybe I will learn to love these things...... my second one was awful, I mean such a tight hit I was getting a toothache from trying to pull the vapor through. So this is when I start to research..... the versions that we got have the holes in the base, some have 1 hole others have 2 holes. The wicks are the weird kind with 2 strands and one just lays there on top not in the coils. I am guessing that these are the version 1, I have no ideal at this point. All I know is that it is a very very tight draw and the flavors taste bland, not burnt just barely there. Anyways though the real point of my post is just to say thank you to everyone who posted in here with all the information and tips because now I know to get one from gotvapes to try out and hopefully enjoy since these that I wasted all this money on I have darn near chucked in the trash bin several times. Also thank you for all the entertaining off topic conversations you guys had that jet me entertained and awake many hours a night later then I should have been!

Rolondo

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2010
Seattle
Kaibot - I bought a version 1 a long time ago and was dissappointed - almost threw it away but decided to try the most current screw on replacement head from GV and it worked great and didn't leak - still using it with 2.4 ohm heads and now have 3 more VN tanks and love 'em all - my version 1 has two airholes in the base, never seen one with only one hole - you might not be able to save that one.
OK so let me start off by saying that for the past few nights well maybe a week before I fall asleep I have gone through and read every single post in this thread..... I know that it is pretty much inactive and long forgot by now but I feel like a vivi nova stalker at this point lol. What brought me here was what I now know to be a poorly researched buying choice. I saw tons of people talking about how much they loved their vivi Nova and thought to myself .."self...you should get one of those" so I found a website selling them that I had bought juice from before that I really liked and ordered unaware that there were even different versions available. When I got mine I thought that it was just OK but not worth all the hype. Went ahead and got another for my husband because he liked the ideal and figured heck I will get a backup for myself maybe I will learn to love these things...... my second one was awful, I mean such a tight hit I was getting a toothache from trying to pull the vapor through. So this is when I start to research..... the versions that we got have the holes in the base, some have 1 hole others have 2 holes. The wicks are the weird kind with 2 strands and one just lays there on top not in the coils. I am guessing that these are the version 1, I have no ideal at this point. All I know is that it is a very very tight draw and the flavors taste bland, not burnt just barely there. Anyways though the real point of my post is just to say thank you to everyone who posted in here with all the information and tips because now I know to get one from gotvapes to try out and hopefully enjoy since these that I wasted all this money on I have darn near chucked in the trash bin several times. Also thank you for all the entertaining off topic conversations you guys had that jet me entertained and awake many hours a night later then I should have been!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread