The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

VERSION 2.5 Vision ViVi Nova Is IN STOCK Now, VIVI NOVA Review Thread

Discussion in 'MyVape' started by Vapor2112, Apr 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. WallyO

WallyO Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 26, 2012
    Cicero,IL
    I think PB had a video stating he does not put that back on his recoils. I suppose if the coil wires are fairly snug to the base and the coil is centered it would be OK but I'd worry about a short. May be nothing to worry about but that's just me.

2. zippersnapper

zippersnapper Moved On ECF Veteran

Mar 18, 2012

Yep, I saw that vid too. But I'm with you on the shorting out. Not worth blowing a batt over a nickle and dime head....

3. Njt07

Njt07 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 6, 2011
    Ft Hood TX
    I take em out when i recoil, the wick helps keep it centered. I suppose if youre worried about it you could always try using a ceramic cup from the first run ravens or a blown BC

4. Hibiscuits

Hibiscuits Moved On

Jul 9, 2012
    Bastrop, Texas
    For certain juices, I've been recoiling mine and I don't put the sleeve back in. I'm not sure anyone has gotten a 'for sure' reason why it's there. Some say to prevent a short and some say to help keep the coils wet. I find no difference in the silicone bottom cap when I'm changing my recoils out. There is a little darkening spot on the silicone from both sleeved stock heads and my recoils. I wouldn't even call it a burnt spot, just discolored. The sleeves were burning for me and giving a burnt flavor when the coils themselves were fine. You can remove the sleeve without removing the coil if you carefully cut it away with some tiny scissors. I used nail scissors to cut it in half and work it around with tiny tweezers. It's a royal pain though.

*So far* I've had no problems, I do take very good care to make sure my coils are centered.

The ceramic cup from a Phoenix BC won't fit. The bc heads are a larger diameter than the Nova's. Would be nice if they did....

5. AG51

AG51 ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Jan 23, 2011
    Dat Way →
    I took mine out when I recoiled a head and it made no difference without it in there to me. It worked just fine. :blink:

6. TheSenator

TheSenator Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 31, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    I have 4 minis from GV that are in my permanent rotation. These are workhorses, flat out. They give me no issues and I literally bagged up all my stardusts after I started using these. I wanted to try rebuilding after one goes out, but these heads just won't die! :laugh: I do think that taking the time to clean these properly makes a big difference. The only time I ever got a bad hit, I opened the caps and looked at a caked up coil...hadn't cleaned it in 4 tanks as a stress test! One bath later and it was rocking again.

I kind of wanted to do a full review for noobs looking into it, but I think it's been beat to death by now? I haven't looked really. I've seen ALOT of threads over the last 2 weeks asking about the 2 Vivi Novas, so it just made me wonder.

7. Lt. Col. Killjoy

Lt. Col. Killjoy Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 27, 2011
    Warsaw, Indiana

Completely agree about the longevity of the heads. I've been putting my Vivi to some serious use since I got it. I'm still on the first head and the coil still looks pretty clean.

8. sandybeach

sandybeach Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 8, 2011
    Chicago
    Good to know that the "sleeve" is optional. Sorry, fibrous cup reminds me of a diaphragm with holes ;)

I've gotten much bolder about dry burning the heads. My biggest problem is I have about 15 Vivis and there are some long heads some short ones, some long stems some short ones, all different rubber thingies and metal things that go in the rubber things. I never know which one goes with which Vivi.

9. burns_erin

burns_erin Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 22, 2010
    The ArmPit of Texas
    Your just have to stack parts till you get the right height, lol. I'm currently vaping a nova head with a nova metal insert, with a stardust pip, with the stardust silicone sleeve on top. It works great.

10. Debadoo

Debadoo ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 18, 2012
    Texas, near Fort Hood
    I agree too. I have two full size, one I bought in June, one I got a couple weeks ago. I always run about 4 tanks through before cleaning/changing heads. These things are amazing, and I'd say the "breed standard" for future items.

I'd wondered about that sleeve thingy too. Had heard about the short prevention, but mine always end up with holes burned in em, so wasn't sure how that prevented anything. lol

11. xanthan

xanthan Full Member

Aug 6, 2012
    Florida
    Do the metal tubes leak for anyone else? I have a black one and a silver one and both seem to "seep" juice from the threading on the top and bottom.

12. Rolondo

Rolondo Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 4, 2010
    Seattle
    I ordered one black metal tube and screwed it onto one of my Novas, filled it with water, let it sit upright and almost all of the water leaked out at the point where the tube meets the base - flipped the tube over (logo at the top), filled with water again and same thing - when I screwed it on from either end it just didn't feel like it was making a snug connection with the o-ring and obviously it wasn't - with the plastic tube there is a noticeable point when you feel the tube coming in contact with the o-ring - think I will go with the colored plastic tubes from now on - BTW, no such problem with the metal tubes for the mini - me thinks the bigger Vivis should incorporate this outside threading - love the Vivi Novas!

13. xanthan

xanthan Full Member

Aug 6, 2012
    Florida
    Just emptied the whole tank and cleaned the threads on everything again, and gently pulled the white o-ring things up a little tiny bit on each side. Seems to have fixed it, for now.

14. Photon55

Photon55 Senior Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Florida
    Hats off the GV for making awesome ViVi's and especially to forum members who have increased my enjoyment of the 2.5. I've gone from noob to a real 2.5 mechanic by simply following this thread. Who knew???

15. Debadoo

Debadoo ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 18, 2012
    Texas, near Fort Hood
    I will try this. I have one that seems to leak from the threading, not the batt connector. Was thinking I might need to replace the o ring if I can find them that size, but will try just readjusting it later today. Thanks!

16. TheSenator

TheSenator Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 31, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    My 4 mini novas are still working like champs. I'm a relatively light vaper, but I'm seeing atomizer heads last 4+ weeks with proper cleaning right now. That was using 50/50 Tiger's Blood(very dark juice). I have noticed that if you clean these every 2-4 tanks, there is no need to dry burn unless it is caked solid. I have yet to have a leak out of any of them. I have 6 novas total in a daily rotation.

I still dislike the 1.8 heads on any voltage, but the 2.4 is great for all around vaping, and the 2.8 can really take a hammering up in the voltage range without getting too hot.

I will continue to use these as long as they work this well. Outside of cleaning properly, they have no maintenance and aren't finicky about where you place them (standing up/laying on the side). Solid products after 2 months of use still.

17. VaporHead512

VaporHead512 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 16, 2012
    TX
    I find it quite odd that ALL my 2.4 heads read 3.1 on the Provari, but the 2.8 heads read 2.8

18. kiba

kiba Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 21, 2012
    Alexandria, Va, USA
    I noticed that too, on the provari, the 2.4s start to quickly gain resistance as they get gunk on them. But I love this thing :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. kiba

kiba Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 21, 2012
    Alexandria, Va, USA
    Also, when my flavors start tasting like butt, I switch to like a ecto plasma type flavor, or brush my teeth, that usually works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Rolondo

Rolondo Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 4, 2010
    Seattle
    amen!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.