VIR official

Status
Not open for further replies.

kde01

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2014
Maryland, USA
great to hear that you only use titanium kd. And please dont fire it, its very unhealthy to do that to titanium and to all other wires. I will not stop saying that until all people stop doing this nonsense that came from..... I dont know from where.
Esterigon needs a venting cap that will totally replace the existing venting cap and its lock mechanism too

Noris noris ksipnas file!

I'm glad to know the Esterigon VIR upgrade is going to be so easy! I'm already very happy with my purchase, but you made me even more so.

I think the firing came from the popularity of making tight microcoils. I do it, too. Even with titanium. If it's a bad habit I should stop. I never really gave it much thought, but surely it can't be good to superheat metal that you'll soon be inhaling vapor off of. I have noticed, though, that coils with a little bit of a space in between the wraps give off better vapor and flavor. More area for the juice to touch the coils, perhaps. Also helps with longer draws as the coil area touching the cotton doesn't dry out as fast.

PS - I'm chain vaping off the Tilemahos currently at 60 watts - this thing really is a tank dripper!

AdamAnd

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2011
Ajax, Canada
Threads must not touch each other Adam. So yes to serious microcoils and not to burned ones. We dont want to damage our health if you agree

Agreed it seems the world has gone crasy trying to ban e-juice flavors and without a doubt ban e-cigs. There are so many drugs and vaccine's they have let through without proper testing its a joke what they are trying to do just read what they coat seeds with that will be banned next year in Canada

Ariel_MX

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2010
Guadalajara, México
Noris noris ksipnas file!

I have noticed, though, that coils with a little bit of a space in between the wraps give off better vapor and flavor. More area for the juice to touch the coils, perhaps. Also helps with longer draws as the coil area touching the cotton doesn't dry out as fast.

That is very true, there is a thread lost somewhere in ECF where I read about that, that the microcoils we see everywhere, in which contiguous wraps touch each other are not that good.

The guy said the same, that if a small space is left between wraps, it gives off better flavor and vapor, plus the wick / coil will last longer since heat is distributed more evenly, unlike the common micro coils, in which the heat starts by the center and spreads toward the ends, the centter of the micro coil certainly is the place with "less liquid".

I tried it, I did a parallel micro coil (Kanthal A-1 0.17 mm or 0.18 mm, 7 wraps around a 2.5 mm screw driver), installed it on the Tilemahos and pulled a little from both sides of the coil, leaving a small gap between each wrap.

In my opinion, indeed it works much better than the "common" micro coils: better flavor, more vapor and wick last longer (and there is not need to get the wire red hot, to prepare the coil).

Last edited:

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
It's not just about the titanium wire. It is partially about the fact that out of the dozen close friend local vapers I know even after 2 years of trying to get most of them to rebuild only myself and one other does. Most of them still use pre-made attys. Also limiting the mod to 1 type of wire in a market that is constantly evolving doesn't make sense to me anyways.

I will still get a VIR either way but I think that limiting it to only work with rebuildables and rebuildables with 1 type of wire isn't the way I personally would go if I was making it.

Either way Imeo it really sounds like a great device I can't wait to see more of it.

I agree Fright, there are way more vapers out there who do not rebuild then those who do. Someday they might but for now they still use throw away attys. Most my friends cant be bothered rebuilding.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
its very simple Lim. Just check it by eye. If threads dont touch each other, then you are ok. Legs are legs and we dont care about them. The only we have to do is to cover them with wick too
If we make coils that don't touch without firing them dry, how do we make sure that the coil is heating evenly and without hot legs? I'm quite new to coil building therefore don't know the solution to this.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I understand the issue dspin but we are not China and we do care about our health. If I allow all wires on VIR then I will be one more seller without any care about my customers.
GG is all about innovation and healthy vaping.
I agree Fright, there are way more vapers out there who do not rebuild then those who do. Someday they might but for now they still use throw away attys. Most my friends cant be bothered rebuilding.

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
Not happy, that VIR works only with no touching coils. I tested both, and real mc's (with Titanium) work better for me. No problems with hotspots and I don't need to cover the legs with cotton. Much easier...

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

don't worry it is easy to overcome this. You can insure there is insulation before you put you contact coil on VIR.

The only reason that VIR cannot work with contact is that it will make the wattage very low when you dry burn/prep your coil without liquid. Now I am not sure at which temperature the insulation layer gets formed but you can easily prep your coil on a mech mod, and then move your atomizer to VIR. Once there is an insulator it is hard to break it later on.

monkkx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2013
paris, abu dhabi
to complement variable temperature devices, here is a planned study on the effects of temperature on eliquids: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/e-cigarette-research-temperature-of-evaporation
This study should reveal what is the safe temperature range for vaping.

I'm not connected at all to the crowfounding operation, and I hope it's OK to share this link here. If not, let me know so i delete this post.I share this here because I believe it's relevant with VIR :)

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
its a bad habit that you have to stop it blue.
Its like smoking. It was a bad habbit, thats why we stopped smoking and we now vape.
Not happy, that VIR works only with no touching coils. I tested both, and real mc's (with Titanium) work better for me. No problems with hotspots and I don't need to cover the legs with cotton. Much easier...

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
whatever is related to our health is more than welcome monk. Thank you for this link:)
to complement variable temperature devices, here is a planned study on the effects of temperature on eliquids: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/e-cigarette-research-temperature-of-evaporation
This study should reveal what is the safe temperature range for vaping.

I'm not connected at all to the crowfounding operation, and I hope it's OK to share this link here. If not, let me know so i delete this post.I share this here because I believe it's relevant with VIR :)

steliosss

kindness always repays... be sure of that...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2012
Athens - Greece (GG land)
www.e-smokeguru.gr
You already said about the width...
So many features... you start to forget :laugh:

Clip.jpg

blackwater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
NH
www.blackwatersound.com
Imeo, This sounds like the answer to me stopping smoking again. It's been 6 months since I sold off all GGTS's and I am finally once again excited to vape!!!
If this is what it sounds like it's going to keep me off cigs for good this time. I got tired of wondering about dry hits and oxidized wire and just said F*#k it, ill smoke until Proteus comes out. I did keep my Penelope V2 and V3 so hopefully I can break these out soon with Proteus.

So excited!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread