Status
Not open for further replies.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Do you remember when I said that I am planning to eliminate all the issues on vaping black? Even the issues that were a fact and we were fine with them because we were thinking that there was no way to get rid of them like burning taste, acrolein, bad wires and all this stuff? Thats what I was trying to make for so many years and thats what VIR is. The answer to all these very difficult and the most serious to be solved issues
Imeo, This sounds like the answer to me stopping smoking again. It's been 6 months since I sold off all GGTS's and I am finally once again excited to vape!!!
If this is what it sounds like it's going to keep me off cigs for good this time. I got tired of wondering about dry hits and oxidized wire and just said F*#k it, ill smoke until Proteus comes out. I did keep my Penelope V2 and V3 so hopefully I can break these out soon with Proteus.

So excited!!!

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I dont compare smoking to vaping buddy. I was talking about bad/danferous habits.
We vape to be healthy, not to be sick. We dont want after 10 years to hear that acrolein and oxides harmed hard out body. We dont need that stuff if you agree
Oh, Imeo... You can' really compare my way of vaping with smoking cigarets :confused:.....

bluegenzel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Germany
I stopped smoking for more then three years and began to vape, to live healthier. If I would like to live completely healthy, I would quit vaping too. The best is to inhale pure air ;). I think, everyone has the right to decide, which risks he want's to take... My risk is to use mc's, don't think that this matters compared to the years I have smoked over 80 cigarets/day.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
I understand the issue dspin but we are not China and we do care about our health. If I allow all wires on VIR then I will be one more seller without any care about my customers.
GG is all about innovation and healthy vaping.

I am not trying to be offensive but shouldn't that be the user's choice? I mean yeah they can choose not to buy VIR but honestly saying it won't support other options because they aren't healthy is like the government banning Pizza or burger places because they aren't healthy. Or like car manufacturers limiting every car they make to 60 mph because higher speeds can be dangerous.

Again I love pretty much everything else about VIR and I think it will likely become one of my favorite devices. But I think this limit will hinder it's sales. If for no other reason the humans are stubborn and like what they like.

Again this is just my .02 and I respect your decisions Imeo even if I don't agree 100% with it :D

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
I am not trying to be offensive but shouldn't that be the user's choice? I mean yeah they can choose not to buy VIR but honestly saying it won't support other options because they aren't healthy is like the government banning Pizza or burger places because they aren't healthy. Or like car manufacturers limiting every car they make to 60 mph because higher speeds can be dangerous.

Again I love pretty much everything else about VIR and I think it will likely become one of my favorite devices. But I think this limit will hinder it's sales. If for no other reason the humans are stubborn and like what they like.

Again this is just my .02 and I respect your decisions Imeo even if I don't agree 100% with it :D
Fright I don't see it limiting his sales on the contrary people will learn how to rebuild and they will buy titanium wires lol. But you are right. Imeo make kanthal work!!!

You know UFS will be very angry with you if it cannot work on VIR and it will run away from you. Think about it. Using 306 atomizers with VIR? It will be the best flavor!!

kde01

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2014
Maryland, USA

It's not like your two examples at all.

In your pizza example the entire country cannot get pizza or burgers. In the vaping world that would be like the government banning all flavored liquids one day. The right thing to say would be one pizza chain, say Pizza Hut, stops using a certain type of oil and switches to olive oil. It's a change that will help their customers in the long run. If the customers don't like olive oil, they can go to Dominos down the street.

Or for the car example it's like saying only Ford limits their cars to 60. Why would that bother me? I can go around the corner to the Volkswagen dealership and pick up a car with a higher limit (because almost all cars are limited to around 155).

Imeo isn't forcing the entire industry to drop kanthal. He's just saying if you're going to use VIR, you can't do it with kanthal.

You don't like it? Don't use the VIR chip...

clavit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2008
EU
Lets see if i got this right.....

-Proteus will come with VIR

-VIR can only be used with Titanium or Steel wire

So if you buy a Proteus (which, i believe comes with a 510 connection), you can only use it with titanium/steel wired attys!
I can definitely see this limiting sales. I usually carry a mass-produced atty of some sorts as a backup for my rebuildable atty, but that wont work with Proteus, since VIR wont fire a china-atty with kanthal/nichrome,

kde01

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2014
Maryland, USA
With all respect
Sale price
When it will be ready
How can fit in all your devices or its only esterigon update

I believe Imeo said it will fit in the Just GG and Esterigon, but not GGTS. Esterigon will need extra venting cap, not sure what Just GG will need (if anything).

no Variable Wattage or do you mean Variable Voltage? the video says 2-25 or 2-35 watts.. or is this just the possible working range

It's not Variable Voltage or Variable Wattage because you cannot choose the Voltage or Wattage.You instead choose the temperature level which, I'm assuming, will adjust Wattage accordingly. So like you said, a possible working range.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
no vw style, only VIR 67.
The range means that the power it can give is up to 35 watts. But it doesnt work based on watts. Watt's number shows only the limit that electronic can reach
no Variable Wattage or do you mean Variable Voltage? the video says 2-25 or 2-35 watts.. or is this just the possible working range

Last edited:

monkkx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2013
paris, abu dhabi
Lets see if i got this right.....

-Proteus will come with VIR

-VIR can only be used with Titanium or Steel wire

So if you buy a Proteus (which, i believe comes with a 510 connection), you can only use it with titanium/steel wired attys!
I can definitely see this limiting sales. I usually carry a mass-produced atty of some sorts as a backup for my rebuildable atty, but that wont work with Proteus, since VIR wont fire a china-atty with kanthal/nichrome,

One might read between the lines. And my 2 cent is that this is based on AC current, and temperature gradient alloys ... The laws of physic would prevent kanthal to work at all. I might be wrong though, pure speculation here :)

Last edited:

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA

I have to agree with Fright here. It should be up to the user on what type of wire they want to use or what type of atomizer they use on a device. I also agree it will limit sales with some people - Just because people dont want to be told what wire they have to use. My 2 cents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread