Vision VIVI NOVA has dropped, In Stock Now, full kit, 3 ohm twist tops, metal tubes and parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aras

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
USA Pennsylvania
thevaporchef.com
China,,Briar,,,,,but there are suppliers who sell wick, not gonna mention them here in this thread though its not right to do so.,,,,,,,,,,,, removing wick isnt the solution in my opinion, but adding the same wick that is used in the Stone tank has made a difference for me,,this wick is in a lot of different stuff now a days, even the old vision carto's,,,,, these coils are so easily rebuilt it isn't funny, what Gotvapes gave us here in this tank is a great tank to mod and make your wick and coil however you want it guys, You can even set an extra piece of the 2mm on top of the new one you mod if you want extra juice going to the coil but not really necassary to do, the single piece of 2mm Silica is perfect in my opinion.....just remove that bottom center pin and grommet. and re-wrap your own wick if you want to adjust these to whatever ohm and wick you want,,,, heck you could even use a small strand of the XC-116 wick if you want more TH or even do a mesh coil in these which I might give a shot tomorrow on,,, but all in all I'm really happy with the 2mm Silica wick and doing my own coil to whatever ohm I want in these, it's very simple to do.

I must learn how to build my own coil/wick. Can you put up a link to instructions?

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
@ Deadguy,

Maybe this video will help you a bit,,, I use a bit different of a method where I use a big needle instead of the drill bit and then wet my wick end with just a pinch of PG and thread the 2mm wick through the coil circles by spinning it through while pushing a little at the same time, like spinning it in between my thumb and forefinger while threading it though the coil circles, but watch this video it will help you I think. =

The vivi heads are really simple to do, just make sure one wire is sitting in between the grommet and inside wall, the 2nd wire goes through the middle of the grommet, then push the center pin in. Removing the center pin and grommet is very easy also

How to rebuild resistance and wick to an atomizer. - YouTube

Last edited:

LordDavon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Florida
www.discountvapers.com
China,,Briar,,,,,but there are suppliers who sell wick, not gonna mention them here in this thread though its not right to do so.,,,,,,,,,,,, removing wick isnt the solution in my opinion, but adding the same wick that is used in the Stone tank has made a difference for me,,this wick is in a lot of different stuff now a days, even the old vision carto's,,,,, these coils are so easily rebuilt it isn't funny, what Gotvapes gave us here in this tank is a great tank to mod and make your wick and coil however you want it guys, You can even set an extra piece of the 2mm on top of the new one you mod if you want extra juice going to the coil but not really necassary to do, the single piece of 2mm Silica is perfect in my opinion.....just remove that bottom center pin and grommet. and re-wrap your own wick if you want to adjust these to whatever ohm and wick you want,,,, heck you could even use a small strand of the XC-116 wick if you want more TH or even do a mesh coil in these which I might give a shot tomorrow on,,, but all in all I'm really happy with the 2mm Silica wick and doing my own coil to whatever ohm I want in these, it's very simple to do.

There is one place locally, where I can get wire. Wick, I have no idea. Luckily, I already have some. I will try it tonight, if I can get my freakin' videos to stay in sync. 6 takes on the Phoenix review, and ALL were off! @#$% iMac!

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
There is one place locally, where I can get wire. Wick, I have no idea. Luckily, I already have some. I will try it tonight, if I can get my freakin' videos to stay in sync. 6 takes on the Phoenix review, and ALL were off! @#$% iMac!

Davon, if you can see if you can try to do a wire wrap and thread the wick through the coils like I was saying in my other post, this would be a good thing to show people on video if you can, Feel free to Skype me if you want to see what I'm doing here I think it would be good to show.

LordDavon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Florida
www.discountvapers.com
Davon, if you can see if you can try to do a wire wrap and thread the wick through the coils like I was saying in my other post, this would be a good thing to show people on video if you can, Feel free to Skype me if you want to see what I'm doing here I think it would be good to show.

I do think it is going to be good to show. People loved the Stardust because they were rebuild-able. Heck, if the ViVi Nova becomes a $16 tank with rebuild-able atty, that will make it something special.

I have to figure out why my videos are all out of sync first. :)

seantex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2011
Texas
I have made my own coils on all three of them now and have been running the same one all day. I am going to see if I can get it working with a mesh wick tomorrow and see how that goes. This is turning out to be crappy from the factory but awesome after redoing the coils myself. Perfect and easy way to get into the rebuildable atty show. Let me know if anything is missing or you need more detail than the video offers and I will answer questions the best I can.

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
metal tubes where with the heads and we had them recall them so they can send us updated coil heads, metal tubes shipped yesterday and new heads ship tuesday.

im tired update lol:::: actually that isnt true, im just tired, vision stopped the package once they saw what was going on, we agreed that was best to recall our package etc..

they are checking and double checking the work they are doing and we should be good to go with no hiccups. massive taste testing to make sure they are all uniform as well form each line.There is no failure for the vivi, we wont let that happen, hiccups happen and we feel this is truly a minor one that can be dealt with properly so we can move on with enjoying the vapor form the vivi, we can all agree the unit itself is great and some heads wherent up to snuff, so that is being fine tuned, vision has apologized on their site for them not being perfect as their only intention is for everyone to love the vivi and with the newest head i believe we will be there, changes have been made

we will also do something extremely special with the pricing on the heads that should make everyone people happy.

Last edited:

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
A fool on the hill in Deposit, NY
Bad, that's great to hear. I already mostly love this thing, and I'm sure that it will be fantastic. The design is wonderful.

For folks who have some wicking problems: I did what someone suggested (can't find that message right now, sorry), and notched the silicone hat. Really, the idea of making different size notches for different juices and just turning the hat is brilliant - whoever came up with it, you rock. :) Anyway, it did improve wicking and flavor a bit - mind ye, it wasn't bad at that point anyway. The flavor I'm getting is mellow, but in a nice way. It's almost as if I'm getting more of a VG type flavor from a mostly PG juice. "Thicker" flavor, I guess. Quite pleasant, actually. This head is reading 3 ohm right now and I'm running it at 4V. Seems to be perfect.

raymondroot

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2011
st louis mo
ok just a quick post here but i got a nice solution to the slow break in i just store my new tips in a pill bottle of 50/50 no nic and then when im ready to change i pull one out screw it on filerup and off i go starts off with full vapor and very rapidly merges with whatever juice im using
hope you like it to cuz i luv it:vapor:

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
ok here is your daily update, our order was taken back from shipping, as an additional update was done to the kit.

the final runs where ready and we will be getting only final runs as we promised and now with an additioanl update

ALL NEW Upgraded Clear TUBES, They changed tubes to a new type of plastic like the new stardusts which can handle those tough juices.
we agreed to this and will be the first vendor to carry the updated vivi nova version2 featuring the new tubes and final run heads. These will ship monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread