Finally HERE and Available NOW - GotVapes VORTEX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
I'm still punishing the Vortex and they keep going strong :)

On 4/20/2011 I opened two from the box.
I've punished them severely.....

The first one I turned white with some Cinnamon juice...but it's still working after dozens of refills. Other than the cloudy plastic, it's unmodded as it came from the box. This particular carto has not leaked on me once.

The second one I used with thick nasty flavors. Took out the ALF. I vaped the mess out of it...cleaned it several times with an ultrasonic cleaner, even broke it down and torched it a time or two with a butane torch. It finally popped when I ran it for over an hour at high voltages exceeding 6v. This one did leak sometimes, but only a drop or two when I'd first fill it and shove in the plug.

As of an hour or so ago, I've moved the clear tubes to the coil/base that I haven't popped yet (replacing the cloudy tubes). I've replaced the origonal ALF with a strip of tea bag which resolved the 'pushing out a drop at fill time' issue. Still works well...I've kept this one between 3.2v and 4.2v. It's still going strong.

I'm still torn between these and CE2 in terms of the way they vape. Both are great, yet very different.

One thing is certian...I haven't even opened them all...and already have well gotten my money's worth. It'll be interesting to see what the next revision brings. Even if they stayed exactly the same as this last run...I'd still keep some of these in my stash :)

udlike2no2

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2011
South NJ
I've replaced the origonal ALF with a strip of tea bag which resolved the 'pushing out a drop at fill time' issue. Still works well...I've kept this one between 3.2v and 4.2v. It's still going strong.

Grate mine are still going strong also after doing the same things but what i do for the leak on refill is 1 i tighten the bottom part just a bit with a small screwdriver and when i put the cap on at fill time i tilt it and put it on slow and as i putting it on i turn the carto upside down than push it down hard so the vacuum in it doesn't force the juice out the bottom just air and it stopped the leak on cap insertion.

Repent

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
Central Oregon
I understand. Had you seen that string of posts I think you'd see where Chris was coming from. He tried to resolve it in public and leave it all up there...tried to move the business to private when the guy could not be consoled, but that guy took it past the point of no return.

You'll see plenty of threads about negative experiences that are not deleted...and you can also see on their website that when people didn't like something and gave it a crap review...it's still there. It's not like they're cencoring anything that might make them look bad. Just one or two posters that were way out of line.

I'm going to side with Credo on this comment. I'm posting more on the thought below. I'm guessing many can relate to me in what I'll post.

Repent

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
Central Oregon
Grate mine are still going strong also after doing the same things but what i do for the leak on refill is 1 i tighten the bottom part just a bit with a small screwdriver and when i put the cap on at fill time i tilt it and put it on slow and as i putting it on i turn the carto upside down than push it down hard so the vacuum in it doesn't force the juice out the bottom just air and it stopped the leak on cap insertion.

Done the same trick myself.

Repent

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
Central Oregon
Speaking solely for myself.....

What I have found out about myself over the years is that when I want something, and get my mind set on something that I want, I'll go to practically any length (or country) to get it. Used to be, I'd get really frustrated when something I wanted could not be possessed by me as quickly as I wanted it to be. You should read that as also being frustrated and short to the point of rudeness because I expected what I wanted to be made available to me NOW, on my time frame. Coupled with that though, is the mentality that I'm not going to "settle" for something to fill the void of what I had really wanted. If what I really want somehow becomes unavailable, I wait for it to become available to me, and don't settle for something that is "similar". I simply get what I want, and if that's not possible, I don't lower my standards for something else. I have taught my son this same mindset. Guarantee you settle for something less than what you had your heart set on and you'll always remember that you had to settle for the lessor. At least by not settling for the lessor, I've retained my "power" over the situation, the situation has not had any power over me. That may not make sense to many people.

The way this translates to e-cigs is that I understand that e-cigs as an industry is still in it's infant stages. Competition is fierce, manufacturing facilities are few, innovations, tweaking, and refining run the gambit. An an industry, manufacturing has always produced materials for more than one vendor. Where I work as IT Director (actually my third career now), we manufacture materials for the housing industry. Because of the popularity of some of our products, we've had other companies come to us to create our product for them and to package the product in their boxes (branding) complete with their own marketing campaign. The E-cig industry is no different from any other up and coming manufacturing industry. A God send we have at our company is that we have our own engineering staff that are responsible for creating and developing all our products. We do most stuff in-house, and so can make changes to design and prototyping extremely quickly based on customer and field trials and that is part and parcel to success.

Danno and Chris are plugged into the process as best as can be had, given that manufacturing and prototyping happen in another country with a different language, customs, mindset, and methodology. All these play a factor in the process.

I've also found over the years that the "secret" to anything you can name boils down to relationship. Sure, I can buy from any vendor on the planet, literally. But I have to say, the best relationships a person can form are with those vendors who are still small enough, of if a bigger vendor, haven't forgotten how they got started in the first place, that is, one order at a time, one customer at a time.

A recent case in point is with GV on one of my orders for four different juices. I had previously started a thread asking folks whether or not they liked their GV juices at regular or heavy strength. I had asked because some of their juices sounded interesting to me and my previous orders with another vendor taught me that I liked my juices to be extra flavorful. I ordered my juices at heavy strength but through the thread learned that as a rule, GV juices were fine at regular strength and might possibly be too much (for me) at heavy strength. I PM'd my concerns to Chris, and he PM'd back straight away that on my order I could mention my concerns and he'd make sure I was taken care of and happy with the juices. So far, so good, This is the type of personal relationship I look for. Well, as the case may be, I'd already placed my order for the juices at the heavy level, and now I was coming to him after the fact saying, "Wait a minute, I may have been too hasty in ordering heavy flavoring." Chris PM'd back and said no sweat, he'd annotate my order and when mixing it himself he'd make sure it was flavorful but not too much so. The result was that I got the juices in and the flavor level was perfect, not to little, not too much.

For me at least, I try to remind myself, on a daily basis, that all of this (waving my hand in a large circle to include EVERYTHING) is not the important nor the lasting, thing. I look to a distant and far off, but coming country. And in that country, all will be perfect and will be perfectly ruled. There will be no want, but there will be a common desire. Look to my handle.

Repent aka "Trust"

Amy41996

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2010
Chicago, Illinois, United States

What I have found out about myself over the years is that when I want something, and get my mind set on something that I want, I'll go to practically any length (or country) to get it. Used to be, I'd get really frustrated when something I wanted could not be possessed by me as quickly as I wanted it to be. You should read that as also being frustrated and short to the point of rudeness because I expected what I wanted to be made available to me NOW, on my time frame. Coupled with that though, is the mentality that I'm not going to "settle" for something to fill the void of what I had really wanted. If what I really want somehow becomes unavailable, I wait for it to become available to me, and don't settle for something that is "similar". I simply get what I want, and if that's not possible, I don't lower my standards for something else. I have taught my son this same mindset. Guarantee you settle for something less than what you had your heart set on and you'll always remember that you had to settle for the lessor. At least by not settling for the lessor, I've retained my "power" over the situation, the situation has not had any power over me. That may not make sense to many people.

The way this translates to e-cigs is that I understand that e-cigs as an industry is still in it's infant stages. Competition is fierce, manufacturing facilities are few, innovations, tweaking, and refining run the gambit. An an industry, manufacturing has always produced materials for more than one vendor. Where I work as IT Director (actually my third career now), we manufacture materials for the housing industry. Because of the popularity of some of our products, we've had other companies come to us to create our product for them and to package the product in their boxes (branding) complete with their own marketing campaign. The E-cig industry is no different from any other up and coming manufacturing industry. A God send we have at our company is that we have our own engineering staff that are responsible for creating and developing all our products. We do most stuff in-house, and so can make changes to design and prototyping extremely quickly based on customer and field trials and that is part and parcel to success.

Danno and Chris are plugged into the process as best as can be had, given that manufacturing and prototyping happen in another country with a different language, customs, mindset, and methodology. All these play a factor in the process.

I've also found over the years that the "secret" to anything you can name boils down to relationship. Sure, I can buy from any vendor on the planet, literally. But I have to say, the best relationships a person can form are with those vendors who are still small enough, of if a bigger vendor, haven't forgotten how they got started in the first place, that is, one order at a time, one customer at a time.

A recent case in point is with GV on one of my orders for four different juices. I had previously started a thread asking folks whether or not they liked their GV juices at regular or heavy strength. I had asked because some of their juices sounded interesting to me and my previous orders with another vendor taught me that I liked my juices to be extra flavorful. I ordered my juices at heavy strength but through the thread learned that as a rule, GV juices were fine at regular strength and might possibly be too much (for me) at heavy strength. I PM'd my concerns to Chris, and he PM'd back straight away that on my order I could mention my concerns and he'd make sure I was taken care of and happy with the juices. So far, so good, This is the type of personal relationship I look for. Well, as the case may be, I'd already placed my order for the juices at the heavy level, and now I was coming to him after the fact saying, "Wait a minute, I may have been too hasty in ordering heavy flavoring." Chris PM'd back and said no sweat, he'd annotate my order and when mixing it himself he'd make sure it was flavorful but not too much so. The result was that I got the juices in and the flavor level was perfect, not to little, not too much.

For me at least, I try to remind myself, on a daily basis, that all of this (waving my hand in a large circle to include EVERYTHING) is not the important nor the lasting, thing. I look to a distant and far off, but coming country. And in that country, all will be perfect and will be perfectly ruled. There will be no want, but there will be a common desire. Look to my handle.

Repent aka "Trust"

nice post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the CS with Dan and Chris has been exactly what you discribed with me as well. They are there looking to provide what their customers want and they do dam good job at it
I like how you discribe dont settle for less,,,,and thats why i come to gotvapes. They dont settle for less so I feel very confident ordering from them..and if there is a problem, small or big they are on top of it. If you are new or a vetran here you get the same excellent CS and product.
On the topic of if they find a problem...it seems to even go down to products they were going to sell and if it doesnt match their standard for their company they will delay to provide a product that they find more then acceptable,,,,,i am sure that causes problems with "sold out" notices on products or antisapated products being delayed,,,but they wont sell a product that they themselves wouldnt use or are impressed with. I am just saying how it IS...not a glazed eyed "GotVapes" fan,,,but as a consumer who really loves her vaping (and has smalll budget so cant just buy whatever) and WANTS the best vape she can get :vapor:
Thanks for this post LOVE IT, as much as my Egyptian ejuice :vapor:
Amy
p.s. excuse the typos :) ty

curiousJan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
Central IL
not really, ordering isnt that simple, cant order 100k peaces, becuase they cant do that since they have to make for other people as well, so we actually have a perpetual order, always waiting for more and obviously they cant keep up

Which is generally how business works .... I'm in a completely different area of industry and we have these exact issues too. Anyone who thinks any business doesn't at least occasionally if not frequently have these types of issues --- especially with a quality, high-demand product --- is just completely out of touch.

Jan

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Very well said Repent, appreciate the post...

Repent aka "Trust"

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
You are always so kind and patient Amy, thanks for all of the encouragement...

nice post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the CS with Dan and Chris has been exactly what you discribed with me as well. They are there looking to provide what their customers want and they do dam good job at it
I like how you discribe dont settle for less,,,,and thats why i come to gotvapes. They dont settle for less so I feel very confident ordering from them..and if there is a problem, small or big they are on top of it. If you are new or a vetran here you get the same excellent CS and product.
On the topic of if they find a problem...it seems to even go down to products they were going to sell and if it doesnt match their standard for their company they will delay to provide a product that they find more then acceptable,,,,,i am sure that causes problems with "sold out" notices on products or antisapated products being delayed,,,but they wont sell a product that they themselves wouldnt use or are impressed with. I am just saying how it IS...not a glazed eyed "GotVapes" fan,,,but as a consumer who really loves her vaping (and has smalll budget so cant just buy whatever) and WANTS the best vape she can get :vapor:
Thanks for this post LOVE IT, as much as my Egyptian ejuice :vapor:
Amy
p.s. excuse the typos :) ty

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
besides which we don't WANT everythign at once in case there are any issues with ANY nasceant product...

But I'd say 1000 Boxes wasn't a bad start eh? >.>

Amen...
As a small buissness guy myself...I know caution is important since I'm working with 'my own money'...not millions I've raised of 'other folks' money' on some stock exchange or through partnerships.

These are usually good companies over seas, but they're also young ones, with limited equipment and people skills to build from. They have to at least break even on every batch and learn and improve as they go, so they can't afford to test a million units for free and wait till it's perfect to do business.

And all this is nothing new really. The first automobiles, television sets, light bulbs, etc...were all kind of messy in their early years...it took those companies (yes, still mom and pop companies at the time) years to get things as good and inexpensive as they are today. All things considered...the ecig has come along way in the few years they've been marketed in the US. They're also leading to some pretty needed advances in battery manufacturing technology in general.

Last edited:

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
A short off-topic dream then back to work:
I'm still dreaming of gadgets we can work with these folks and possibly build here in the USA. So many small plants from coast to coast that have laid off everyone and shut down because they couldn't 'upgrade' to build more complex stuff and still be competitive in global pricing. I'd so love it if some of these companies could/would hit some of our small towns and make some of this stuff over here ;)

I'm not sure it's doable since most of the raw materials in batteries would have to come from Asia anyway...but it's a thought.

Last edited:

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
Actually its a good thought. We have wanted to develop some of this stuff here but the startup costs on a factory are prohibitive besides which the regulations you'd have to deal with. Now that the FDA has backed down a little maybe some of that might start happening over here...

I'm sure at some point they will at least make parts of them over here (economic advantages are always shifting around)...as there will be times when they'll save money that way...and make political friends internationally.

It's exciting, and you guys are among the pionoeers. There won't be any shortage of communities lining up and bidding to start a plant ;)

MsTick

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2011
California
I'm still a vaping noob, two months and pretty much getting the hang of it, but I don't have a long history with any vendor. But my experience with GV has been very positive. I've been using the Vortexes for about 2 weeks and love them. I've had no leaking issues at all, though my VG juice might have something to do with that. A couple of them have gotten gunked up after a few days use - one particular juice seems to do it, but that's to be expected. I'm going to try cleaning and reassembling them when I have some spare time. I also tried their Fluxomizers. Love them. And when I saw the stock numbers going down, I bought a few extras to tide me over til the next shipment arrives.

I ordered some juice and did have an issue. I sent a CS email and got a response within an hour - and near midnight, at that - and a very positive resolution. I'm not sure yet if I'm a Flux juice fan, but I do know that GV is going to be a go-to vendor for me.

I am looking forward to a fix for the loose Vortex mouthpieces, though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread