Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
I didn't see tasty vapor, or vapor country, or stricklyejuice or litecig etc on there to choose from.:(
There were 43 different e-juice suppliers that received nominations. The five suppliers that received the most nominations made it through to the final voting. Each of the suppliers you mention were on that list of nominees. They just weren't in the top 5. Sorry.

Birdy

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2009
Houston
There were 43 different e-juice suppliers that received nominations. The five suppliers that received the most nominations made it through to the final voting. Each of the suppliers you mention were on that list of nominees. They just weren't in the top 5. Sorry.

Aw Pete, I feel for you guys. I do.
You did a bangup job on yer own time, in the face of some seriously f*d up circumstances. And now everyone's upset that they didn't vote when they could have ...even though they didn't because they chose to listen to some hysterical dorks... one of which is in the damn running.
You guys just can't win.

Just wait until the results come out and you get a bagillion PMs about why their horse didn't win or wild conspiracy theories about the contest being rigged.

Having fun yet? :D

Now everyone quit griping and VOTE already.

kevbow

Unregistered Supplier
May 27, 2009
CT
teatimeliquid.com
You did a bangup job on yer own time, in the face of some seriously f*d up circumstances. And now everyone's upset that they didn't vote when they could have ...even though they didn't because they chose to listen to some hysterical dorks... one of which is in the damn running.
You guys just can't win.

Just wait until the results come out and you get a bagillion PMs about why their horse didn't win or wild conspiracy theories about the contest being rigged.

Having fun yet? :D

I wouldn't agree that they did a bangup job. The idea was a good idea that was just executed poorly. The whole thing was rushed and not properly advertised. Voting for nominations only went on for a week. Most people didn't even know there was any voting going on. If they took their time, properly promoted it to get the word out, give people at least 6 months to vote on nominations and created a website that didn't cause people to think it was a spam site it could have been good. This vapy awards is a perfect example of why you need to take you time if you want something done right. All it really is now is a popularity contest and the fact that moobyghost is nominated for a service to the industry award just makes the whole thing seem like a joke.

jghunter1

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2009
Denver, N.C.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy
You guys just can't win.

Having fun yet?

I wouldn't agree that they did a bangup job. The idea was a good idea that was just executed poorly. The whole thing was rushed and not properly advertised. Voting for nominations only went on for a week. Most people didn't even know there was any voting going on. If they took their time, properly promoted it to get the word out, give people at least 6 months to vote on nominations and created a website that didn't cause people to think it was a spam site it could have been good. This vapy awards is a perfect example of why you need to take you time if you want something done right. All it really is now is a popularity contest and the fact that moobyghost is nominated for a service to the industry award just makes the whole thing seem like a joke.

Wow, a strong opinion there. My view is if you don't like it, then YOU should put the time and effort into doing it "right". :evil:I appreciate ANYONE who chooses to spend there free time doing something like this when they get NO reward (except personal satisfaction) from it. Ohhh, wait, I forgot, they ALSO get the joy of everyones criticism about how they didn't do a good enough job on it.

Birdy

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2009
Houston
@Kevbow- How many forums are you going to moan about this on? I understand that you're ...... because you weren't nominated... get over it already.

THEY didn't make it look like a spam site- some half wits who stayed up past their bedtimes in a chat room on another forum saw conspiracy where there was none, and almost none of them apologized for slamming these guys.

Do I think Moobey should be nominated for anything- nope. Do the people putting this together have any control over who people vote for? NO.

Of course these things are popularity contests. So you're not as popular, it's not the end of the world.

kevbow

Unregistered Supplier
May 27, 2009
CT
teatimeliquid.com
@Kevbow- How many forums are you going to moan about this on? I understand that you're ...... because you weren't nominated... get over it already.

THEY didn't make it look like a spam site- some half wits who stayed up past their bedtimes in a chat room on another forum saw conspiracy where there was none, and almost none of them apologized for slamming these guys.

Do I think Moobey should be nominated for anything- nope. Do the people putting this together have any control over who people vote for? NO.

Of course these things are popularity contests. So you're not as popular, it's not the end of the world.
It has nothing to do with me being nominated. I could care less about whether or not I'm popular. I choose to do things in the vaping community that are meaningful. Like giving people the opportunity to talk with Dr. Michael Siegel and Matt Salmon. I promote the advocacy websites and people that are making a difference and trying to make sure that e-cigarettes aren't taken away from us. People that are fighting for your right to be able to vape. So I think instead of giving kudos to people that are putting on popularity contest maybe you should give kudos to people that are really making a difference in the vaping community :).

For the record, it's sad that there are still people that want to insult others "half wits" as you call them just because they choose to become members of another forum. We are all people who vape and we should not be judged or insulted because we choose to be a part of another community.

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
"So I think instead of giving kudos to people that are putting on popularity contest maybe you should give kudos to people that are really making a difference in the vaping community :)."

We are not asking for kudo's and the whole point of this was to GIVE kudo's to people making a difference in the vaping community. I'm sorry that the kudo's are not being given to the people that you feel they should be given to. Perhaps next year you would be so kind as to show us how to do this properly.

Silence

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
Hopkinsville, Ky
I agree with Pete. I am not looking for any recognition for this. I just want to recognize the ones that stood out. If you don't like a nominee vote for someone else. If you disagree with an entire category choose to place no vote for that category. The point is... Without insightful, constructive criticism this award process cannot improve much. We will welcome any ideas or input our fellow vapers have for making next years vote more successful. Please PM me here and I will personally keep track of what you all feel needs improvement, and what we may be able to prune. All I ask that we remain tactful and respectful. I would love to see Kevbow and as many suppliers as we could get to help promote the awards next year. We will be implementing criteria for next years nominees. This year unfortunately we were short on time and yes it was thrown together. If you will continue to support us as we support you then we can and will make this successful.

Birdy

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2009
Houston
It has nothing to do with me being nominated. I could care less about whether or not I'm popular. I choose to do things in the vaping community that are meaningful. Like giving people the opportunity to talk with Dr. Michael Siegel and Matt Salmon. I promote the advocacy websites and people that are making a difference and trying to make sure that e-cigarettes aren't taken away from us.

Yeah yeah, you keep saying it's not about you and then go immediately go on about how your two interviews and your Ning page makes you way more qualified than MG.

For the record, it's sad that there are still people that want to insult others "half wits" as you call them just because they choose to become members of another forum. We are all people who vape and we should not be judged or insulted because we choose to be a part of another community.

Oh give me a break. I didn't call them halfwits because they are part of another forum - I called them that because a they sat around in a chatroom and talked themselves into believing that this was a vast Chinese conspiracy to steal mods- with no evidence to back it up. And then they decided to get all Che about it and "spread the word to the peoples", thus ruining these guys' hard work.

DetroitVapor

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Detroit, MI
I'm a noob(ody) here, but I appreciate anyone dedicating some of their time to a forum with good intentions. It's often a thankless job, which has been illustrated so well in this and the nominations thread.

For those who think the nominations are an inaccurate or do not reflect the opinions of the broad community here, take solace in the fact that there aren't many, if any, disreputable representatives on the list of nominees. There are new people showing up every day who have purchased equipment from vendors that folks on this board would have warned them to stay away from, and if all they do is find a list of folks who will give them a fair opinion or a fair deal, they could do a lot worse. This process will be a service to the community regardless of how accurate anyone thinks it might be.

If you don't mind sounding like a complete tool, go ahead and slam people who spend their time trying to do something fun and helpful. I appreciate you too. It's the contrast that you provide that helps us all recognize reasonable people when we see them.

Thanks to the organizers for the opportunity to nominate (which I didn't even though I knew I could) and vote (which I did).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread