Not open for further replies.

element77

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Atl, Ga
@Splatnext Mmmmmm...chocolate koa
I spy them a lot also and never see a suitable size.
Most excellent score.

2 out of 3 kiwis down ATM... This hurts.
OG FDV 510 failed on two.
Order placed for 3 pack of SS long cores from FDV. These should be nicer than the originals I'm replacing.

On the bright side I still have one functioning.... I've now discovered it would be very difficult for me to enjoy vaping the way I like without a kiwi mod.

Thanks Vaughan for bringing your incredible creations into my world.

Last edited:

Splatnext

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2013
near the beach
Element that's why I grabbed it, I have a drip tip in chocolate koa and fell in love with the wood right then and there.

I have bin searching for month, when I looked today and sah all the watchers it was like "hell no...this one is mine."

Nautilusfan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nauti your not doing so bad yourself.:) I forgot to ask, what is the block on the right, ya got me stumped with that one love the color and burl.
Gmelia burl. I have high hopes for it. Thought it was very unusual... ;)
Btw I love your Koa piece!! Great find!!

vkiwi

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2013
nz
www.vrwoodmods.co.nz
Can I add one more piece, I was watching this one from afar when I noticed the throng of interest today.I grabbed it.

RnGtc4x.jpg

They just don't show up in this size very often.
Wow. that is absolutely exceptional. I must admit that the first cuts into these wonderful blocks still scare me a little, mainly because I don't own them, the risk of failure is slight, but still gets the blood flowing...I'm exited for this one already.

vkiwi

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2013
nz
www.vrwoodmods.co.nz
@Splatnext Mmmmmm...chocolate koa
I spy them a lot also and never see a suitable size.
Most excellent score.

2 out of 3 kiwis down ATM... This hurts.
OG FDV 510 failed on two.
Order placed for 3 pack of SS long cores from FDV. These should be nicer than the originals I'm replacing.

On the bright side I still have one functioning.... I've now discovered it would be very difficult for me to enjoy vaping the way I like without a kiwi mod.

Thanks Vaughan for bringing your incredible creations into my world.
Thanks Element! The old FD cores have failed on a handful of mods now, so they do have a limited life span. Early in the new year I will punch out a heap of the new 510s, so that they are available to all with the FD cores. I will do 20 or so in the first lot. There will be a little easy diy to get the right bend in the new contact leaf, but this will be easy done.

vkiwi

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2013
nz
www.vrwoodmods.co.nz
Hoping Vaughn is taking a break here after the huge effort it took to make the last couple of custom mods, specially Jazz's mod, well over a hundred man hours to fabricate that complex multi material/multi piece setup
Certainly not anywhere near a hundred hours, that would just be silly on my part...certainly a lot though! Kids activaties this time of year sure take time though. Working on CA on Loopy's No2 and Peng no1 is underway, pics of these later on...

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
Sure feels good when your block arrives. Even better when you see a post that your mod is in progress!

wait for the anticipation that comes with the pic just before CA finish, and that pic of said CA finish delivering in spates

vkiwi

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2013
nz
www.vrwoodmods.co.nz
Blocks received

Distortoblotto for jellybean and an 18. Aussie Coolibar chunk, and the blue block has a lot of swirly resin on the other side, magic block also.
Loopy 001.JPG

Aacoleo's block with a combination of tight burl and some very nice wavy compression figure will make a fine mod.
Loopy 002.JPG

This is underway now, stunning 18 with a twist for Penguiness, to be unveiled soon
Loopy 003.JPG

Loopy's 18650 pocket mod in afzelia burl with rosewood, with CA curing now for a pop tomorrow. Pic is before the first coats.
Loopy 002.JPG

jazzvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
USA
Blocks received

Distortoblotto for jellybean and an 18. Aussie Coolibar chunk, and the blue block has a lot of swirly resin on the other side, magic block also. View attachment 515442

Oh no, not another jellybean. [emoji41] D'at makes two now, huh?

vkiwi

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2013
nz
www.vrwoodmods.co.nz
Spotted a nice block where the specie happens to be listed on the Cites Appendix #2 endangered list. Is it just a bad idea to send overseas, or more of a serious matter?
What species? It comes down to individual research and how it was obtained. Windfall, Deadfall etc are always fair game, if customs is fine with it, It is probably ok. Spydro may be the best to answer this...

Reactions: Doffy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread