want to buy another starter kit, need advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clovery

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
new jersey
I'm thinking about buying a Joye eGo starter kit. Preferably a pink one :)

I've seen it listed at several online retailers, all about in the same price range. I bought a Prosmoke starter kit last week. Liked it at first but then the flavors all tasted gross to me and people said I was getting dry hits?

I'm totally willing to take other suggestions, I have been researching e-cigs for a week now and I'm still totally overwhelmed and pretty clueless.

"Dripping" sounds like too much hassle for me right now. I want something that I can fill up once or twice a day. tobacco flavors are unappealing to me. I smoke menthol analogs and regular analogs taste nasty to me. Leaking and dry hits sound bad, and like they'd be a turn-off so I want something that minimizes that.

I'd like to order the liquid and the starter kit from the same place (but this isn't totally necessary, it'd just be nice to get them at the same time). I want to try a variety of exotic flavor liquids. I don't really care about the shape or size of the ecig. Battery life isn't too big of a deal for me right now - I'm rarely away from home more than 6 hours at a time. I don't really care if the battery is automatic or manual - from what I've read, manual is better and doesn't sound like much of an inconvenience at all.

So do you think the ego-T is a good choice for me? Are there any additional accessories I will want that don't come in the starter kit? Where should I order it from and where should I buy liquid from? I'd like to start out with a variety sampler of non-tobacco liquids if that exists. Or... should I stick with the Prosmoke I have now and keep doing research? Either way I need to order more liquid/carts.

I haven't come across one, so I'm just going to throw this suggestion out there - it'd be nice to have an ecig wiki that defines all the different equipment, styles, etc. This forum is very informative but if there was a wiki of organized information I think it'd be a lot easier for noobs to learn, starting from scratch.

Beans

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Missoula Montana
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on your quit.
The eGo is a fantastic kit, I'd suggest getting Boge 2.0 ohm cartomizers to go with them as well as a few drip tips for your vaping pleasure. As for finding juice you like, it will be a on going process. One we've all had to endure. The forums main page has a list of great vendors, many of them sell sample packs. Look around and maybe try getting out of your comfort zone flavor wise. The best juices I've found so far are flavors I dont care for in foods. Good luck :)

-Optics-

Fear the Beard...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2012
Louisville, Ky
Heard a lot of positive reviews on the eGo so don't think you'd have issue there. Could also look into smokelessimage with their new lineup of X2 batteries and clearomizers, 1.6ml and refillable. Read so many good things about those too, mine should be here today and can't wait! Not sure if the batteries come in pink, but the clearomizer does!

Kay1959

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2012
Out in the middle of Nowhere
An eGo with some dual coil cartomizers would be my suggestion for you. Those dual coils hit very well on the eGo, and since they're bigger, you don't have to refill as often. But you DO have to make sure to keep them wet with juice. It doesen't matter whether you go with cartomizers or cartridges, if you let them go dry you're going to get a dry hit.
Here's a place that sells the eGo starter kit in pink and has a pretty good selection of liquids. I'd suggest you order your liquids in 10 ml quantities until you find what you like.

ELIQUID-USA | E-LIQUID STORE | ELIQUID SHOP | ELIQUID-USA.COM

I don't see where they offer the dual coils at this site, but there are alot of other places you can order them. Most people (but not all) prefer cartomizers over dripping because of convenience. And since starter kits don't come with cartomizers, you'll need to order those seperately.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
Hoosier has a pink KGo

KGO kit1100mAh by SLB

So does Sweet-Vapes with many cartomizer options
Sweet-Vapes

Cignot has pink ego-T's but more people seem to have problems with them than don't. I tried it but went back to cartomizers- so much easier

http://www.cignot.com/

Liberty Flights carries the Riva ego in pink but they're out of stock at the moment.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
An eGo with some dual coil cartomizers would be my suggestion for you. Those dual coils hit very well on the eGo, and since they're bigger, you don't have to refill as often. But you DO have to make sure to keep them wet with juice. It doesen't matter whether you go with cartomizers or cartridges, if you let them go dry you're going to get a dry hit.
Here's a place that sells the eGo starter kit in pink and has a pretty good selection of liquids. I'd suggest you order your liquids in 10 ml quantities until you find what you like.

I don't see where they offer the dual coils at this site, but there are alot of other places you can order them. Most people (but not all) prefer cartomizers over dripping because of convenience. And since starter kits don't come with cartomizers, you'll need to order those seperately.

I'm personally not crazy about the ego-T, but that's not a bad price. You could always pick up cartomizers to try as well.

Bourbonman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2012
Chicago burbs
I'll second the KGO from Hoosier. Brent is very fast at getting your order out the door there, and he sells a lot of flavors in his US-made juices. Boge 2.0 cartomizers work very well, and I've had a good experience with the Vision eGo Transparent Clearomizer 2.1-2.4 ohm. These are only 5 bucks and come in various colors, I think the "purple" on is more like pink. Pbusardo did a video review of them, and it's one of the starter kits he recommends.

Cheers!

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Interesting that no one who recommends ego's ever mentions it's limitations.

In the same price/physical size/category of PV models there are two or three better options. The ego comes standarded with a 3.4 volt/650 mAh battery - the smallest voltage of any PV on the market. The Kgo and E-Power both come standard with 3.7 volt/1000+ mAh batteries. So the question is, why pay the same or more for less? I would look at either the Kgo or E-Power as better options. Another one in the same size category is the selectable EVO which gives you the option of 3.7v, 4.5v or 5.0 volt vaping.

Good Luck whatever you decide.

Clovery

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
new jersey
Am I right that besides battery power, the main difference between a KGO and an EGO is that with the KGO, you fill the cartomizers up once and then they are disposable, and with the EGO they are refillable?

Just when I think I'm ready to buy something, I get thrown for a loop and even more confused.

I'm looking at the selections at sweet vapes right now.

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
Am I right that besides battery power, the main difference between a KGO and an EGO is that with the KGO, you fill the cartomizers up once and then they are disposable, and with the EGO they are refillable?

Just when I think I'm ready to buy something, I get thrown for a loop and even more confused.

I'm looking at the selections at sweet vapes right now.

Where did you hear that? You can use the same cartos on a kGo that you can on an eGo. So you can refill kGo cartos just like you can refill cartos with an eGo.
The main difference between the kGo and eGo is what was stated above. The eGo is only 3.3-3.4V while the kGo is 3.7V. 3.7V PVs provide alittle more "oomph" than an eGo, and more importantly, 3.7V PVs handle the lOwer resistance attys and cartos a lot better.
The eGo isn't bad, but personally I would def go with a kGo or Epower over an eGo.
The kGo and Epower are both 3.7V PVs that give a great vape and are very affordable. The main difference between the 2 is that the Epower uses non-proprietary batteries while the kGo uses proprietary batteries.
When I first started it was between the Epower and kGo and I went with the Epower and I still use it regularly. I went with the Epower bc I liked that the batteries are removable and all parts on the Epower and replaceable. With proprietary battery PVs like the kGo, eGo, etc, the battery and switch is all one unit. So if a switch fails or a battery needs to be replaced you have no choice but to replace the whole unit. With the Epower, everything is seperate and can be bought individually. I also chose the Epower bc it's cheaper to maintain. Epower batteries cost $4-5, while eGo/kGo batteries cost $14-20, and the Epower batteries last a lot longer before they need to be replaced. The other main reason I chose the Epower is bc I liked that it's alot easier to carry a spare battery. With an eGo/kGo, if you want to carry a spare battery you have no choice but to carry a second PV with you. With the Epower, it's much easier to carry a spare bc you can just carry an extra battery in your pocket and if needed unscrew the switch and pop in a fresh battery. The Epower batteries are small (about the size of a AA but alittle longer) so its very easy to throw a spare on in your pocket/bag/car.

Either way, I think you'd be really happy with an Epower or kGo. Their both good PVs with great battery life (kGo batteries - 1100mah, Epower batteries - 1050mah).
If you def want a pink battery, then go with the kGo bc the Epower doesn't come in pink, but the kGo does.

Sweet-vapes.com has a good price for Epower and kGo kits

JudeD

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2012
PA
I can't help about the kit, but I've been looking for variety packs with no nicotine as well. So far no luck, but I'm not giving up yet. If you do find some, please post it or let me know! :laugh:

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking, but if you are looking for a sampler pack where you can order small bottles of juice to try with 0 nicotine, SweetVapes lets you do that. Just click on e-liquids, then sample packs and choose 15ml bottles and then choose your flavors and nic strength. I think EC Blends lets you do the same. The OP didn't say no nic, just didn't want tobacco flavors. Either way, these vendors can accommodate you.

Is this what you are looking for?

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
Check out BlueMist Vaping. They are an awesome juice vendor and their perfect for someone just starting and wants to find what they like. They have a huge selection, over 250 juices, and really cheap prices, $5 for 10ml, $10for 30ml. They offer samp packs and you can pick your own juices for sample packs. You can get all their juices in either 80PG/20VG or 100%VG (I recommend 80/20). You can pick what nic level you want for all their juices, and you can get them with 0mg nic if you want. They also offer extra flavor shots for .50cents more, and If you find a juice you REALLY like you can get a 180ml bottle for only $30, which is an awesome deal and is a lot cheaper than what most other vendors charge

Virginian

Jul 31, 2012
Virginia

I came across this eliquid-usa.com site and noticed some cheap prices, but the Joyetech manufacturer's site listed them as selling "copycat" products http://www.joyetech.com/about/copycat.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread