Well Gollllly, this Pipe 601 sure does make me look smarter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treadmaker

Apr 4, 2010
illinois
Dallas, what I've been noticing with my flavours is VG based wont flood the bowl because its thicker than PG but VG will tend to clog the vaccuum switch slighty more than PG. I feel its safe to assume the scientists in Shenzen were designing the Pipe601 to atomize the synthetic version of the glycerol and engineered the unit around the higher viscosity liquid than its vegetable counterpart.
I've also noticed when vaping at work that the Pipe601 is a karma-detector of sorts. It will just stop providing satisfying vapor just moments before I realize coworkers of bad karma are nearing proximity. Its as though Pipe601 doesnt want to share the goodtime with people of ill refute. i respect the wishes of Pipe601 and continue my vape session elsewhere with the grandest of satisfying results. Pipe 601 maybe my most loyal ally offering people forecasts before I even see the people; must be an ancient chinese secret.

DallasEd

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
Dallas, what I've been noticing with my flavours is VG based wont flood the bowl because its thicker than PG but VG will tend to clog the vaccuum switch slighty more than PG. I feel its safe to assume the scientists in Shenzen were designing the Pipe601 to atomize the synthetic version of the glycerol and engineered the unit around the higher viscosity liquid than its vegetable counterpart.
I've also noticed when vaping at work that the Pipe601 is a karma-detector of sorts. It will just stop providing satisfying vapor just moments before I realize coworkers of bad karma are nearing proximity. Its as though Pipe601 doesnt want to share the goodtime with people of ill refute. i respect the wishes of Pipe601 and continue my vape session elsewhere with the grandest of satisfying results. Pipe 601 maybe my most loyal ally offering people forecasts before I even see the people; must be an ancient chinese secret.
That is so funny you would say that. My pipe refuses to work when I try to show off how much vapor it can produce. It's very shy around strangers and non-believers.

I broke down and ordered an original Ruyan pipe last night. Heaven Gifts is still out of stock - probably because of the low price. I paid a heavy price - still less than the $350 at the RuyanChna site. I paid $250 (with shipping to Texas) from E-Cigarette-Web. I'm not an alarmist by nature, but if big tobacco does manage to get e-cigs banned, I'm gonna need a pipe that will last a while. I may not even break it out until both my 601's bite the dust.

Ed.

Treadmaker

Apr 4, 2010
illinois
I'll be glad to read your insights on the Ruyan although my third Pipe601 just arrived in Customs today so I should have it by Tuesday; even though Pipe 1 and 2 are still effective vapors. I'll also mention a coworker exclaimed to me yesterday that he took the plunge and ordered a Pipe601 so I'm pretty excited to help him out with flavours, he's been smoking Kools since I've known him and I think he's gonna love the 25mg Menthol I have.
On a side note, I think the two largest and most effective enemies that can smite the electronic cigarette phenomonon are actually big pharma and big brother. Pfizer spent alot of cash bribing the fda for thier inhaler not to mention the crap gum and nightmare-patches; and big brother makes more money per pack of smokes than phillip morris or rj reynolds do from that same pack.
Nevertheless, I'm going to weigh great value on your opinions of the Ruyan but it'll have to last longer than 3-4 Pipe601s, hear from you soon Dallas.

Treadmaker

Apr 4, 2010
illinois
cignot.com markets for intellicig, they have a 25mg menthol in the ecopure section. Its a heavy tasting menthol; stronger than a salem but not quite a newport or kool.

I'm using cignot.com as my liquid vendor since they're local and I have it snail-mailed overnight to me; from chicago to texas its going to be a couple hub transfers. You may want to try it but if your local vendors' 24mg menthol is doing the job, you might want to keep patronizing your neighbor.

DallasEd

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
Strictly E Juice is made in China, but sold here by USA suppliers. I think they're on the West coast. I can't find much locally here in Dallas. The smoke shops here are just getting the news.........

I'll try the cignot menthol. I've been waiting almost a week for my last order from Strictly. I've been vaping a mint mixture which gets real old by the end of the day. If my order doesn't come on Monday, I think I'll have to get some everclear to add to my Halo menthol to get the TH I'm missing. I didn't want to go that route - I'm a recovering alcoholic - 6 years sober as of April this year. But this spearmint taste is making me sick and the Halo TH is too weak and that takes a lot of the satisfaction out of vaping.

Ed.

DallasEd

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
cignot.com markets for intellicig, they have a 25mg menthol in the ecopure section. Its a heavy tasting menthol; stronger than a salem but not quite a newport or kool.

I'm using cignot.com as my liquid vendor since they're local and I have it snail-mailed overnight to me; from chicago to texas its going to be a couple hub transfers. You may want to try it but if your local vendors' 24mg menthol is doing the job, you might want to keep patronizing your neighbor.
I ordered the Ecopure 25mg menthol 15mil bottle today. That's some pricy stuff. At $15 for a 15mil bottle, that's a lot for a little.

This had better be good or it's coming out of your allowance young man!

Ed.

Has anybody here tried the original Ruyan 601 pipe? I know it's more expensive than the DSE601 pipe, but they say the DSE601 is a knock-off of the original Ruyan.

There is a thread or two here that compairs the two, and I've read the original 601 pipe from Ruyan is a higher quality pipe and will last a lot longer.

Ed.

I have both DSE601, Ruyan Pipe and Greencig G500.

The Ruyan Pipe is in another class than DSE601. Ruyan pipe is a real quality product, which is evident to see. Where I buy the Ruyan there is two year warranty on the pipe. I think no one dare give that on the DSE601. Compared with DSE601 the Ruyan gives less vapor; but much more flavor.

Greencig G500 is by far the best e-pipe. Atomizer is placed in the mouthpiece, so very cheap to use. You use cartomizer in G500, making it very easy to use. If you refill cartomizers, you must use some tricks. But the liquid last long, as cartomizer can be smoked quite dry. G500 is the pipe that gives far most vapor and more flavor than DSE601 and nearly as much flavor as Ruyan. Where I buy, there are also two years warranty on G500.

DallasEd

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
I just watched the video review here from Scott at Nhaler.com and was surprised to read that you can't easily refill the carts as the manufacturers didn't design them to be refilled. As a menthol smoker, that's a deal breaker for me. I was also surprised to see that you can't use the pipe while recharging the battery. That's strange. I wonder if the G500 3.7 batteries would charge up in the 601 charger? The way they've got it set up, sooner or later you won't be able to use the pipe while trying to charge one of the batteries. Seems like a very inconvenient system. Especially for someone like me who chain-vapes most of the day. I guess you could buy two pipes and use one for a charger.

I'm glad to see another pipe on the market. The more people make them, the less expensive they'll become. Having said that, I'm no cheap-skate by anyone's standards, but good competition is how products evolve and improve.

Ed.

Last edited:

Vaporer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2009
Away..
Some really good stuff here all.
I think the 601 has good flavor and vape. At least mine did and still does after rebuilding the atty.
I couldnt see anyone giving a 2 month warranty on the 601. Attys will fail and the wrong liquid will kill them fast with crud.

I'd love to try the others but they are pricey. Refilling and rebuilding are right up my alley so that I wouldnt mind.
If the battery can be removed it can be charged in another charger. The charge rate may be lower, so a longer time to charge, but all 3.7v chargers must cutoff @ 4.15-4.2v or the battery is damaged. So that is no problem.
I take it the charging cable goes into the pipe?

Guess better keep my eyes out on them.

Thanks for all the info.

I refill my cartomizers. It's not so easy as on the dse601; but not a problem, and they last longer than a refill of the dse601.

You can charge with the dse charger or any other charger for that kind of battery (18350), so it is a standard battery. I often use my DSE or Ruyan battery in the G500. And even I have two G500, I allways charge in a charger. I don't know, why Scott has made the charging to a problem??

Treadmaker

Apr 4, 2010
illinois
I'm just dripping into my Pipe601s'. Neither perform well with the cartridges compared to the vapor I get when dripping; I expect the Pipe601 I should have delivered tomorrow will be the same performer. They do serve me exceedingly well; 3-5 drops on the atomizer is atleast a kingsize cigarette worth of vaping. I use the 1200 mah batteries at home and bring the 4 standard 900 mah to work with me. I usually swap out batteries to top-off-charge after 2 vape-breaks. I figure why run down the battery to the low voltage warning when I have plenty of batts. Tomorrow morning will be 2 weeks without analogs; which pays for my first Pipe601.

DallasEd

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
I'm just dripping into my Pipe601s'. Neither perform well with the cartridges compared to the vapor I get when dripping; I expect the Pipe601 I should have delivered tomorrow will be the same performer. They do serve me exceedingly well; 3-5 drops on the atomizer is atleast a kingsize cigarette worth of vaping. I use the 1200 mah batteries at home and bring the 4 standard 900 mah to work with me. I usually swap out batteries to top-off-charge after 2 vape-breaks. I figure why run down the battery to the low voltage warning when I have plenty of batts. Tomorrow morning will be 2 weeks without analogs; which pays for my first Pipe601.

Two weeks! Congrats to you ! I'm right there with you - going on three. I would have never thought it was possible after smoking for 40 years. It wouldn't be possible without this pipe.

I read that dripping in the 601 isn't good for the circuit board because of leaks, but if it works for you, that's all that matters. I was having problems with the carts too. But I got some of the "blue foam" cart filler from Strictly E Juice and that stuff wicks really good and even. That works for me.

Ed.

Vaporer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2009
Away..
I made mine into a manual switch setup when the board failed.
The circuit board is actually on the side of the plastic bowl insert buried in white silicone.
The manual pressure switch fits under the atty against it.
If you flood the atty it goes right into the switch.
Worst case is if it stick from gooey eliquid and is considered a loss, fill it with 151 vodka or PGA (down the tube) let it sit for a few and tip it up and drain it. Repeat and blow & suck inbetween.
This will free most. Then hold the bowl, shake out all you can, dry down the tube with a blow dryer on hot for a few and let dry over night.

This has fixed many that give you no LED "on" when drawing.

DallasEd

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
I made mine into a manual switch setup when the board failed.
The circuit board is actually on the side of the plastic bowl insert buried in white silicone.
The manual pressure switch fits under the atty against it.
If you flood the atty it goes right into the switch.
Worst case is if it stick from gooey eliquid and is considered a loss, fill it with 151 vodka or PGA (down the tube) let it sit for a few and tip it up and drain it. Repeat and blow & suck inbetween.
This will free most. Then hold the bowl, shake out all you can, dry down the tube with a blow dryer on hot for a few and let dry over night.

This has fixed many that give you no LED "on" when drawing.
My atty stuck "on" today - could not get it to shut off. But it's 2 months old - right on time for some trouble. I pulled out the brass ring that holds the cover and hung the pipe in a cup with some tape to let it drain. There was a serious amount of juice in there. I'll let it drain for 24hrs and see if I can pull the battery compartment out.

I love to tinker with stuff like this. Maybe I'll turn it into a MOD of some kind. I did fire up my spare atty. Works like a charm. I've got a Ruyan coming soon, but I ordered another spare 601 atty just in case.

Ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread