• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Western Washington Members???

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerimiah797

Unregistered Supplier
Feb 6, 2009
Hey, thanks for the plug LuckyCharm!

I live in Seattle, near downtown. I vape all the time in bars (it's great for business, too). Here's how I do it: buy a drink from the bartender and tip well (a couple bucks). A few minutes later, ask them if you can use your e-cig inside. Explain it to those who don't know. I've only been turned down once, at the Contour on a Saturday night when it was standing room only and there was just no way to explain my e-cig to the frantic bartender.

Some places I've vaped (and vaped very obviously - BIG clouds of vapor, straight up in to the lights, that kind of thing):
The Noc Noc
The Central
The Skylark
The Funhouse
The Mercury
Nectar
King Cobra (when it was open)
Club Motor
Satellite Lounge (depending on who is working)
Bad Juju
The Blue Moon
Twilight Exit (new location in Central District)
Rikki Rikki (sushi bar in Kirkland)
The Starbucks by my house
The Manette (Bremerton)
Hell's Kitchen (Tacoma)
and a bunch of other random places whose names escape me.

More and more places and people are learning about vaping, and here in Seattle it is quite socially acceptable.

Last edited:
I stopped in a Walgreen's on my way home last night to pick up a replacement for my electric toothbrush that died yesterday morning. Being Easter, they had a skeleton crew working, and I just managed to let the young lady know I needed help with their locked case while she whisked by to help another customer. I get bored easily, so after a coupla minutes I whipped out my PV and took a nice long drag. She approached just as I was exhaling, visibly confused/concerned. But all she could see in my hand was, apparently, a pen. Since she didn't say anything, neither did I, and proceeded examining the different items on display. Once I made my selection, we went to the checkout counter, where there was a guy in front of me completing his purchase. As we waited (Sage, my service dog, and me), I again took a hit off my NCIG. The guy in front of me asked, "What is that?" So I explained to him and the two clerks exactly what it is, and isn't. They all seemed pretty impressed.

Today we stopped by a local smoke shop, where I asked if they carried liquids. The guy wasn't familiar with the device, so I showed it to him. He seemed pretty excited, especially when I told him that people ask me all the time where to get them, and when I tell them they have to order online, a lot of them will say, "Oh well, then never mind." He said he'll definitely start stocking them... :)

~~Cheryl

jerimiah797

Unregistered Supplier
Feb 6, 2009
Hey Jan-

I haven't been to slim's since I started vaping, so I don't know. Last time I was there was for the golden gods show, probably last november or so I think.

I go to a lot of shows, and play a lot of shows with my band Evil Twin here in Seattle. If you go out or know people in the music scene then that's probably where you've seen me. Bristle doesn't ring a bell, but I'll look them up on myspace. ( I assume dreadful children is the band?)

-Jerimiah

kez

Apr 6, 2009
Seattle
Kirkland/Seattle --- anyone know any local shops that sell any electric accessories or kits? I've been thinking about making a site for a local shop locater.

one of the smoke shop owners in kent said he would start carrying ecigs and accessories...im a little skeptical of it though. and even if he did i doubt he would carry anything compatible with an m401

i know southcenter mall in tukwila has a little kiosk there selling starter kits. not sure about accessories or parts but it may be worth someones try. ive seen penstyles and minis there but havent taken a closer look yet to see what models theyre selling.

PowerfulDot

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2009
Seattle, WA USA
I'm in the newly named Denny Triangle area in downtown. Our apartment is one of those fancy buildings with amenities like: a convenience store at the bottom where all the chronic inebriates buy their Icehouse, buses that run by our bedroom window from 5am to midnight daily, and crack dealers on the front stoop. :D

Seriously though, I've only been vaping a little while but have introduced many bars to it.

So far: McCoy's Firehouse, The Nitelite, The Showbox and its Green Room, a really nice asian place that used to be called Qube (2nd and Stewart). I guess I haven't gotten out much in the last week. Sorry. :p

I loved the Twilight Exit at its Madison location, Sunday night karaoke is a hoot! I haven't been to their new location yet, but want to go ASAP.

I've also vaped in the Meridian 16 theater and the Bar and Grill at Gameworks. We were watching Monsters vs. Aliens, and I just covered the light up and blew the vapor downward so no one would notice.

Are any of you guys on Meetup.com? I was thinking it would be nice to have a vapers group get together on a semi-regular basis. I'd be happy to lead if anyone wants to join.

Are any of you guys on Meetup.com? I was thinking it would be nice to have a vapers group get together on a semi-regular basis. I'd be happy to lead if anyone wants to join.
I'm registered on Meetup, but haven't organized any events because it costs money. :|

~~Cheryl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread