• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Western Washington Members???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a letter I'm faxing to Murray and Cantwell. Please, can all of you send your own letters as well? If you can't afford a stamp or a $3 fax, send your letter to me and I'll fax it for nothing.

Senators Murray and Cantwell
United States Senate

Dear Senators:

Senators Murray and Cantwell, as a loyal constituent and proud liberal, I was deeply shocked that our Representative Norm Dicks would cosponsor the “Waxman tobacco Bill,” which is supported by Phillip Morris and opposed by the FDA! An April 16th article on TheHill.com by Jeff Stier, associate director, American Council on Science and Health, titled "Waxman’s anti-smoking bill may do more harm than good," points out that this bill could effectively kill proven safer smoking alternatives, and by regulating nicotine content, could actually lead to MORE smoking of tobacco products (cut the nicotine in cigarettes = more cigarettes smoked)! In other words, it is set to backfire big-time, if the intent is to improve public health.

I, Mesdames, am a case study in the effectiveness of the new so-called e-cigarettes, an electronic vapor-delivery system that may or may not contain nicotine. And I am one of the many "accidental quitters" who happened upon this safer alternative and abruptly quit smoking after a 30+-year, pack-a-day habit. I used to shush doctors when they'd start to talk to me about quitting. "I don't even want to hear it, you're wasting your breath and my time." I had NO intention of quitting smoking last month -- until I received my first e-cig. Since then, it's been nothing but positive. No more losing sleep from lying awake at night hacking. No more waking in the middle of the night and going on the porch for a smoke. No more fire hazard from lighters. No more ashes, burn holes, smelly butts to discard. And just think of the savings to the VA, of which I am a client. Decreased risk of lung cancer, emphysema, etc. Easier dental cleanings.

My friends and family are so thrilled that I’ve finally quit smoking. They had long since given up on me. The patch or the gum would never have worked for me, because part of the feeling I crave is the “throat hit,” as we call it – the sensation produced when smoke or vapor is inhaled. This product provides that sensation without all the carbon monoxide, formaldehyde, arsenic, and hundreds of other chemicals present in tobacco.

My dear Senators, my story is typical of thousands of others. Finally a way to give up all those toxic chemicals and quit polluting the atmosphere, and still satisfy a craving we're going to yield to one way or the other. Scores of doctors and scientists have come out in support of e-cigs. The only thing their prohibition would do is to keep lining Big Tobacco's pockets. Now that the bill has passed the House, we currently hope and pray it doesn’t pass in the Senate. Please, oppose this bill, and allow us to keep our e-cigarettes!

Thank you for your support.
Sincerely,

~~Cheryl

mblumenf

Apr 9, 2009
Here's a letter I'm faxing to Murray and Cantwell. Please, can all of you send your own letters as well? If you can't afford a stamp or a $3 fax, send your letter to me and I'll fax it for nothing.

Senators Murray and Cantwell
United States Senate

Dear Senators:

[snip.. eloquent appeal]

~~Cheryl

I sent Senator Murray an appeal as well, peppered with phrases like "life-saving device" and so forth, asking that she use her influence to "bring a note of sanity" (I think that was the term I used) to the rush to outlaw e-cigarettes without appropriate research. I got back a form letter that stated off with, "Thank you for contacting me to express your opposition of increased tobacco regulation. It is good to hear from you". (I didn't express that opposition, by the way, but asked that e-cigarettes not be outlawed unless they prove to be more dangerous than analogs.) It then went on to tell me how dangerous tobacco is and that it kills a lot of people. (DUH! That was what MY ORIGINAL email said!)

I got annoyed and dashed off a response that I was sorry that nobody took the time to actually READ email from constituents, but that if they had they would realize that I had said [bla bla bla]. I hit the send button and it BOUNCED because the reply email address was goofed up.

On a more e-ciggy note, is there anyplace near Burlington where I can walk in and buy vaping supplies for a reasonable price or do I have to mail order?

>matt<

tikva

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
An islander here. A very boring (but beautiful) island. I'm the only vaporer (is that a word?) that I know.

I go to Greenwood every week for dance classes. It's a 6-7 hr R/T trek by ferry/buses. I go from the island to Lynnwood P&R to Pine & 5th to Greenwood, and so far have never encountered anyone else vaping. Always alot of smokers curious about it though.

I've only been vaping for 2 weeks but was really surprised that I haven't seen even one other person vaping---even downtown (5th ave) on the weekends where there are alot of smokers...

Anyway, glad to see there are people here from PS/WW.:thumb:

Hey gang, anyone know smoke shops in the Lakewood/Tacoma/Parkland/Spanaway area that carry vaping supplies
I have tried to get the guy who owns the smoke shop at 72nd & Pacific, across from the Rite-Aid, near Jiffy Lube, to stock them. He seems interested but I don't get the impression he's much of an "online" type of guy, and English isn't his first language. If I were you, I'd stop into your favorite smoke shop and ask for juice or carts. If they have no idea what you're talking about, express mild surprise. "Really? They've been all over the news -- everybody's getting them! It'd sure be nice to have a local source instead of having to order online." Let us know if you hit the jackpot! :)

~~Cheryl in S. Tacoma

BiteMe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
Stanwood, WA
Hey gang, anyone know smoke shops in the Lakewood/Tacoma/Parkland/Spanaway area that carry vaping supplies?
I've recently ordered a Blu and I plan to dip/drip with it, and am considering
purchasing a 510, if anyone knows a shop that carries 510s I'd be greatful!

the 510 is a great choice! Unfortunately, I don't know of anybody that sells them other than on-line.
With that in mind you have a ton of choices, from the "Dura" at Janty to the Chinese units that everybody is carrying. Good luck in your search!:thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread