The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Western Washington Members???

Discussion in 'US E-Smokers' started by ejfan1977, Apr 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Bababooey

Bababooey Full Member

Apr 11, 2009

Are you sure that kiosk is still there?

2. Bababooey

Bababooey Full Member

Apr 11, 2009

Stopped by there today, and they were out. They had no clue what they were doing, didn't even know what e-juice was... had no idea that existed.

3. LuckyCharm

LuckyCharm Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 5, 2009
    Tacoma, WA
    Dontcha hate it when noobs run kiosks? It's the economy, dude -- people and employers can't be picky about things anymore. It's all about cutting corners and saving money. Can't afford somebody who actually KNOWS the product? Well, let's just take the first guy who walks in with a résumé....

It's not their fault. It's the previous administration and all those who turned a blind eye to the collapse that was imminent under the Ponzi scheme they created.

~~Cheryl

4. teardrop88

teardrop88 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 22, 2009
    USA
    I'm down for that. It'll be easy enough to organize one on meetup.com, evite.com, or even here on the forums. Though, my vote is for a vape-friendly bar either on the hill, downtown, or south lake union.

5. Bababooey

Bababooey Full Member

Apr 11, 2009
    I hate to burst your bubble, but it was Bill Clinton that signed the bank deregulation bill in 1999, and Democrat Barnie Frank that oversaw the lax Fannie Mae mortgage lending rules. But, We derail...

6. LuckyCharm

Apr 5, 2009
    Tacoma, WA
    There are plenty of fingers to point and plenty of blame to go around. I'm not even going to bother posting references to the Bush administration's hand in all this, because as you pointed out, we're derailing here. I'm just a community organizer/activist who's been real frustrated with the direction we've been heading in. Oh, and I'm a retired Army Reservist and Iraq war veteran, too. But I'll get off my soapbox now. It was late at night when I wrote that, and all my accumulated rage tends to bubble over approaching midnight. :|

~~Cheryl

7. strayling

strayling Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 25, 2009
    Seattle, USA
    That was my impression too, but at least they'd heard of e-cigs. BTW, hello from Shoreline :)

8. LuckyCharm

Apr 5, 2009
    Tacoma, WA
    It's my impression that any meetups are likely to take place in Seattle. Wondering if there are any Tacoma folks out here who would like to do a meetup as well...

~~Cheryl

9. teardrop88

teardrop88 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 22, 2009
    USA
    I'd even make a trip down to Tacoma. I lived there for about 4.5 years. If you do, I suggest the Parkway. Definitely my favorite bar of all time.

10. LuckyCharm

Apr 5, 2009
    Tacoma, WA
    Awesome suggestion. I'll keep it in mind, although I'd need a carpool coming from the South End.

~~Cheryl

11. Siobhan

Siobhan Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 15, 2009
    Pacific Northwest, US
    Olympia chiming in here....perhaps a mass vape on the Capitol steps? :D

12. ejfan1977

ejfan1977 Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 6, 2009
    Kingston, Washington
    Heck ya! It could be a peaceful vape-in. We could just sit on the steps and vape away and we could could maybe get some attention from our state representatives. We should have written testimonies in hand and... I don't know... what about doing something like that? :confused:

Maybe we should try to coordinate the entire forum to go to their respective state capital buildings on the same day and get the media involved to get our point across. :rolleyes:

Excellant idea Siobahn!

13. LuckyCharm

Apr 5, 2009
    Tacoma, WA
    Great idea -- I'd even drive to Olympia from Tacoma for that!

~~Cheryl

14. Siobhan

Apr 15, 2009
    Pacific Northwest, US
    We'd just have to certain to time it for when session is actually in.

15. LuckyCharm

Apr 5, 2009
    Tacoma, WA
    And you'll organize it? :)

~~Cheryl

16. Siobhan

Apr 15, 2009
    Pacific Northwest, US
    I will? That'd be great barring 2 small details....running my own biz AND full time school. 8-o

17. LuckyCharm

Apr 5, 2009
    Tacoma, WA
    Let's put it out to the group at large -- who wants to find out when the legislature is in session and organize a vape-in on the Capitol steps? I'd do it myself, but as the Tacoma MoveOn Council chair, I've already got my plate full with organizing as it is.

Cheers,

~~Cheryl

18. BiteMe

BiteMe Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 31, 2009
    Stanwood, WA
    What? A chance to piss off my elected representatives and get to meet all the other vapers in Western WA?
    Sign me up!

19. LuckyCharm

Apr 5, 2009
    Tacoma, WA
    Looks like a raised hand to me -- BiteMe, you're in charge of organizing this and publicizing it! Don't worry, you'll have help, but the first thing you'll want to do is find out when the legislature's in session!

We can talk about recruiting in a bit. I'm having a meeting on the 26th for green energy, and some folks have confused the two.

Cheers,

~~Cheryl

20. hanover fist

hanover fist Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 2, 2009
    I'm in lets set it up
    Marysville Wa.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.