• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Western Washington Members???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bababooey

Apr 11, 2009
one of the smoke shop owners in kent said he would start carrying ecigs and accessories...im a little skeptical of it though. and even if he did i doubt he would carry anything compatible with an m401

i know southcenter mall in tukwila has a little kiosk there selling starter kits. not sure about accessories or parts but it may be worth someones try. ive seen penstyles and minis there but havent taken a closer look yet to see what models theyre selling.

Are you sure that kiosk is still there?

Stopped by there today, and they were out. They had no clue what they were doing, didn't even know what e-juice was... had no idea that existed.
Dontcha hate it when noobs run kiosks? It's the economy, dude -- people and employers can't be picky about things anymore. It's all about cutting corners and saving money. Can't afford somebody who actually KNOWS the product? Well, let's just take the first guy who walks in with a résumé....

It's not their fault. It's the previous administration and all those who turned a blind eye to the collapse that was imminent under the Ponzi scheme they created.

~~Cheryl

teardrop88

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2009
USA
I'm in the newly named Denny Triangle area in downtown. Our apartment is one of those fancy buildings with amenities like: a convenience store at the bottom where all the chronic inebriates buy their Icehouse, buses that run by our bedroom window from 5am to midnight daily, and crack dealers on the front stoop. :D

Seriously though, I've only been vaping a little while but have introduced many bars to it.

So far: McCoy's Firehouse, The Nitelite, The Showbox and its Green Room, a really nice asian place that used to be called Qube (2nd and Stewart). I guess I haven't gotten out much in the last week. Sorry. :p

I loved the Twilight Exit at its Madison location, Sunday night karaoke is a hoot! I haven't been to their new location yet, but want to go ASAP.

I've also vaped in the Meridian 16 theater and the Bar and Grill at Gameworks. We were watching Monsters vs. Aliens, and I just covered the light up and blew the vapor downward so no one would notice.

Are any of you guys on Meetup.com? I was thinking it would be nice to have a vapers group get together on a semi-regular basis. I'd be happy to lead if anyone wants to join.

I'm down for that. It'll be easy enough to organize one on meetup.com, evite.com, or even here on the forums. Though, my vote is for a vape-friendly bar either on the hill, downtown, or south lake union.

Bababooey

Apr 11, 2009
Dontcha hate it when noobs run kiosks? It's the economy, dude -- people and employers can't be picky about things anymore. It's all about cutting corners and saving money. Can't afford somebody who actually KNOWS the product? Well, let's just take the first guy who walks in with a résumé....

It's not their fault. It's the previous administration and all those who turned a blind eye to the collapse that was imminent under the Ponzi scheme they created.

~~Cheryl

I hate to burst your bubble, but it was Bill Clinton that signed the bank deregulation bill in 1999, and Democrat Barnie Frank that oversaw the lax Fannie Mae mortgage lending rules. But, We derail...

I hate to burst your bubble, but it was Bill Clinton that signed the bank deregulation bill in 1999, and Democrat Barnie Frank that oversaw the lax Fannie Mae mortgage lending rules. But, We derail...
There are plenty of fingers to point and plenty of blame to go around. I'm not even going to bother posting references to the Bush administration's hand in all this, because as you pointed out, we're derailing here. I'm just a community organizer/activist who's been real frustrated with the direction we've been heading in. Oh, and I'm a retired Army Reservist and Iraq war veteran, too. But I'll get off my soapbox now. It was late at night when I wrote that, and all my accumulated rage tends to bubble over approaching midnight. :|

~~Cheryl

teardrop88

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2009
USA
It's my impression that any meetups are likely to take place in Seattle. Wondering if there are any Tacoma folks out here who would like to do a meetup as well...

~~Cheryl

I'd even make a trip down to Tacoma. I lived there for about 4.5 years. If you do, I suggest the Parkway. Definitely my favorite bar of all time.

ejfan1977

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Kingston, Washington
Olympia chiming in here....perhaps a mass vape on the Capitol steps? :D

Heck ya! It could be a peaceful vape-in. We could just sit on the steps and vape away and we could could maybe get some attention from our state representatives. We should have written testimonies in hand and... I don't know... what about doing something like that? :confused:

Maybe we should try to coordinate the entire forum to go to their respective state capital buildings on the same day and get the media involved to get our point across. :rolleyes:

Excellant idea Siobahn!

What? A chance to piss off my elected representatives and get to meet all the other vapers in Western WA?
Sign me up!
Looks like a raised hand to me -- BiteMe, you're in charge of organizing this and publicizing it! Don't worry, you'll have help, but the first thing you'll want to do is find out when the legislature's in session!

We can talk about recruiting in a bit. I'm having a meeting on the 26th for green energy, and some folks have confused the two.

Cheers,

~~Cheryl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread