What a difference a day can make!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my first vape kit and juices yesterday after 4 days of almost unbearable anticipation. To my dismay, all 4 juices I ordered were, to be honest, terrible. I ordered from MBV and they ALL taste like perfume/potpourri. I read this was common with MBV so I gave them 2 very hot-but-not-boiling water baths last night and of course let them sit overnight. I didn't want to smoke a cigarette when I woke up so I tried the Hawk Sauce again. Wow what a difference already! The perfume-y hints are still there, but not nearly as bad as yesterday and I imagine it will keep getting better daily.

I might be a n00b, but so far the hot water quick steep method has made a big difference for my juices....I am talking completely unvapeable to rather enjoyable in less than 12 hours. Good luck and happy vaping!

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
in a couple of days it should even taste better.
i've found by mixing my own premixed ejuice it takes a while for the flavors to meld.
i've noticed at my local b&m , there in shop mixes that contain multiple flavors are not allways premixed together.
the result being the taste of what you just tested at the counter doesn't match up to what you bought.
they mix the flavors on the spot.
after a day or two everythings fine.
i'm sure this happens with mail order too.sort of an inventory control.
if you sell a lot of mixed flavor stuff you wait for an order before mixing as to not
have a lot of a low selling product on hand,but still offer it as a choice.
regards
mike

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
I hope they get better for you. Unfortunately they may not. I'm one who can taste that perfume/soap. I have some a year old I can still taste it in. I taste it in their diy flavoring also so I guess that's what they use for their juices. It sucks because I've never bought from a vendor with better service. I continue to buy hardware there.

fairweasel2323

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Marion, OH
I taste the perfume in this Cherry Cured still a year old juice.. big favorites are 555 and was RY4 but I went to local Mom and Pop tobacco store and bought some Voodo name brand Java flavor 21mg and mixed with 0mg Vanilla I might like better then RY4 just more expensive 6.99 for a 10ml bottle, maybe try out some coffee flavors I usually order from goodejuice.com

Chas_L

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2013
Buchanan Ga
Flavor West, The Flavor Appearance and Lor Anns flavor concentrates are used by many ejuice componies and well as many DIY ejuice blenders such as myself. Many of thier favor concentrates contain grain alcohol in addation to the alcohol in the PG use to dilute them.

I have used over seventy of these flavor concentrates myself and thee are very few which do not need 24-48 hours airing out with tops removed and either everal days to several weeks steeping with daily shaking or a series of hotwater baths or bette yet a combinition of such as several hours ina ultronics cleaner which provides the hot water bath and veryhigh frequency viberation.

There are thousands of post on steeping. Some feel they are all BS while many of us feel they are necessary with most but not all.
Mount Baker Vapor.

Remember taste is subjective and some swear that they can not stand the taste of a fresh Kanthal coil and Silica wick. I torch my Kanthal wire and silica ,Ekwool orstainless steel mesh wicks and I Steep all of my ejuices.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread