What do you do for a living? And how does you place of business take to your PV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EastSkier

Feb 2, 2011
NJ
I'm a captain at a regional airline. I've vaped a few times in the cabin between flights when there were no pax. As far as I know there is no policy against using it in the cockpit at my airline, however I haven't busted it out during flight. I guess I'm used to going hours at a time without nicotine so I really don't think about it when I'm flying. Usually I'll just go to the smoking areas in or outside of the different airports and vape, and occasionally stealth vape in one of the crew room bathrooms at my base airport.
I do look forward to vaping one day in front of Indianapolis International while waiting for the hotel van since they banned smoking anywhere on airport property, haven't been there since I started vaping yet.
Of course I vape like a fiend in my non-smoking hotel rooms on my layovers. I'm using the passthrough right now.

Beez

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
I am a Clinical Psychologist in private practice. I vape in my private office (interior), but not the waiting room or other rooms. My patients have been pleased that I no longer smoke (for health reasons) and some insist on "seeing it." Easier to smoke on the job when you are the boss, I am lucky in that way (something back from that 15% self-employed tax?? LOL). My husband is in management at a large telecommunications company - he goes outside to vape as he once did to smoke (unfortunately). He is retired USMC, he is big on rules:)

rrayda

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
the icy northlands
I'm a structural engineer at a small consulting firm. Everyone is very supportive of me vaping at my desk (which I do almost constantly). I've explained the hardware to all of them and shown them what it does. They're just happy I haven't had a smoke for almost three months. It does still give them a moment of "what?" when they walk by my desk and see the clouds of vapor....

maxy007

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2010
Australia
I work in a government organisation here in Oz. No smoking around cafe's anymore etc.. I've converted at leat 10 people and stealth vape at my desk. I'm on a walkway in a cube farm but no one sees or smells anything.

At lunchtime me and my converts meet in the outside area and swap tips and juices!! where we sit the whole building sees us. When my friend decided to do a juice tutorial she bought in a syringe with a needle and I thought OMG if anyone sees us they will think we are doing something sinister!!

I work for a high up lady and she hasn't said a word ;-)

Wate2028

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
sc
I run a tablet press for the company that makes all of GNC, Herbalife, and Rite Aid vitamins, everyone is used to it now. Answered 1000 questions each break for the first few days, then it was just like "Oh man is somebody baking Blueberry Muffins" or "So whatcha kinda flavors ya got today", seems like everybody is fascinated by getting your nic from something that tastes good instead of like ash.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
I work in a plant which has a zero tolerance for smoking inside the building. But, that policy is due to insurance costs relating to fire hazards. Vaping hasn't been implicitly permitted. But, my boss has caught me red handed and hasn't complained. I try to be somewhat discrete ... don't blow vape in his face. He has referred to my PV as "that stupid thing" ... LOL, he's an ex smoker who gave it up the hard way years ago.

Amy the Addicted Nurse

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2011
Upstate, SC
I'm a private duty nurse (I know it's sad, but most nurses I've ever known have smoked). I work 3rd shift sitting in a dark room watching my patient sleep. For years I've been sneaking out on their back porch to smoke, praying I didn't get caught and fired...well I actually did get caught a few weeks ago but managed to cover if up by saying I was checking the storm before my drive home. Starting tomorrow (when I get my PV in) I will no longer have to sneak. I'll just vap while watching my patient and surfing the web...I can't wait! And as some of my patients family members smoke and shouldn't due to the condition of my patient I hope to soon turn them on to PV's and get them off the analogs!

Sandfury

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
Maricopa, AZ
Laser Service Technician - Thanks to the info on the CASAA website, I was able to convince my boss, then HR, and she convinced the owner of the company to allow it. During the process I was asked by the HR lady where to get one for her mother. I can gladly vape anywhere in the building, though not to cause a ruckus I tend to do it when a lot of people aren't around. I tried to be a nice smoker, ill continue the trend as a nice vaper as well.

GERGOZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2011
McDonough, Ga
i work in a semi-truck and trailer parts warehouse.

a couple of years ago, smoking was banned inside because a fire had been started due to a discarded lit cigarette.

over the past 2 months, 3 people have gone digital. management allows vaping in all areas of the warehouse. so far, nothing but positives. several non-smokers have even commented that they like the different smells. one employee said it smells like "air fresheners", lol.

just about everyone has congratulated me for giving up analogs. three weeks this coming monday !

four non-smokers have even tried my riva. one guy said that he never had a joint that could hit that hard! i laughed my ... off as he stood there, bent over, with tears in his eyes. he asked me what it was called. i said......."THE BOBAS" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

julie78

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2011
Frisco, TX
Just wondering what everyone does for work and how the work environment takes to your PV. Whether you just use it on break,at your desk or all throughout the work place. What reactions have you gotten?

Does it count if you're a stay-at-home mom, of a first grader???:blush: I know that I don't vape when I pick him up/drop him off, for school. I also still go outside. Some people in the house think that it looks too close to smoking, and I should still have to go outside.:nah:

MsTick

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2011
California
I'm a paralegal at a small law firm. I had my 510 starter kit shipped to the office, and my boss saw it and thought it was cool (he's a sympathetic ex-smoker). I can vape at my desk. I've asked everyone else in the office and no one is bothered by it. I just don't do it in front of clients.

So I've been vaping for a month, and analog-free for 3 weeks, and last week the boss asked me to order a starter kit for his wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread