Status
Not open for further replies.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Lately, it's been a 67 neo that was gifted to me by some little, no name reviewer who works out of a humble shed in Scotland. A fine bloke, he is. On top is a NarCA. juice is a diy vanilla custard called Nilla Please. :lol:

rps20180208_075343.jpg

@Mark Todd

Last edited:

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I always wince when I hear someone get so frustrated they start tossing gear. For one, there's a solution. Your chimney may have gotten slightly unseated if you dropped it or screwed in a coil too hard/not hard enough. Happened to one of my N2 tanks, I was able to reseat the chimney. There are fixes for these things.

Also, there may have been someone out there who could have used it/would have enjoyed using it. I kind of think that's what the PIF thread is for. If I had thrown away all the equipment not "right" for me (although I'll often give it away via PM) I would have thrown away a lot of useful things to others.... Really, just because a tank isn't working for you, doesn't mean it might not work for someone else.

I do understand the frustration, though. Things can get pretty frustrating.

I hope you find another tank you like much better, as well :)

Anna

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I always wince when I hear someone get so frustrated they start tossing gear
agreed. If it works, PIF it. Even if something is dead it shouldn't get trashed. regulated mods (electronics, metal (even zinc alloy can/should be I think), plastic) and rda/rta (stainless steel, aluminum, etc) can all be recycled.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
We've been saving dead electronic parts since I can remember. One day, we are going to sell them all off as scrap and move to Mexico! Or something.... :) I still get sad when I see my MacBook pro, purchased in the "good" days, that thing lasted me an eternity for a computer!

Anna

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I always wince when I hear someone get so frustrated they start tossing gear. For one, there's a solution. Your chimney may have gotten slightly unseated if you dropped it or screwed in a coil too hard/not hard enough. Happened to one of my N2 tanks, I was able to reseat the chimney. There are fixes for these things.

Also, there may have been someone out there who

Yep. I like sending stuff to random members who seem sincere about wanting to try something new or found themselves in a pinch and can't spend any money at the moment. I don't know what happens to that stuff, but it makes me feel better about all the banks I've robbed over the years. :lol:

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
09D20BBB-9CCF-4AE2-AE5F-A07DCDB0EE2A.jpeg
I’ve been really satisfied with my Cylon and Zesthia RTA. I only use one mod all day everyday. I recently switched from the uwell crown to the RTA just because my new all day everyday juice is a coil gunker. My crown coils went from lasting a month or two, and now they were only lasting 3 weeks to a month. Simply unacceptable, so now I build my own coils. I’m enjoying having complete control over my vape now. I mix my own juice, build my own coils, wick them, and enjoy my vape. So now I’ll post a picture of my setup. Enjoy

ruet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
GR, MI
For mods, I've been using a couple of iStick Picos for well over a year. For toppers, I've been using a bunch of Subtank Minis for several years. I run Rayon wicked, twisted, 26g Kanthal coils at around .5 ohm. My AD/ED juice is 36mg, 50/50, Holy Grail from E-cig Outlet.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I just started vaping, so this is a really cool thread! I get to see what y'all are using, not just stuff on display in the shops. I am using vaping to quit smoking. Seven days without a cigarette so far!! I've started with an eGo AIO. I really like the stick style of vapes. I don't like the bulkiness of the box style. Are there things I should know or any recommendations from you pros? Equipment to avoid? Things to NOT do? Things you wish you had known when you started, that kind of thing.

Please excuse my lack of knowledge of the lingo or equipment or if I'm going off on a tangent on the wrong thread.

Thanks, y'all! Happy vaping. :)

Congrats, @Maxie81 , off to a great start! :thumbs:

As mentioned, YESSSS to backups. Never know when something is going to go south, but it's usually at the worst possible time. Like midnight at the start of a long holiday weekend, when nothing is open to get replacments! :w00t:

One of the issues with the smaller AIO types is battery life, as in vape time. Another reason for a backup, so you have one to vape while the other is charging. Some of the single 18650 boxes aren't tremendously larger than AIOs, and depending on vape style may be ok. I can understand not liking the huge ones, i.e. the 2 and 3 battery ones. Yep, they can get pretty hefty!

In any case, charge early and often. Lithiums may actually have a longer service life if you DON'T run them down to low voltage shut down. So having another mod (or another 18650 if/when you go there ;) ) is more than just a backup.

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX
I just started vaping, so this is a really cool thread! I get to see what y'all are using, not just stuff on display in the shops. I am using vaping to quit smoking. Seven days without a cigarette so far!! I've started with an eGo AIO. I really like the stick style of vapes. I don't like the bulkiness of the box style. Are there things I should know or any recommendations from you pros? Equipment to avoid? Things to NOT do? Things you wish you had known when you started, that kind of thing.

Please excuse my lack of knowledge of the lingo or equipment or if I'm going off on a tangent on the wrong thread.

Thanks, y'all! Happy vaping. :)
Super congrats on 7 days without a cig! Stick with it, you will be at your Vapeversary before you know it :banana:

crayfishx

Oct 18, 2013
Malaga, Spain
I have a modest set up, though it's growing.

Smok Alien 220W with VandyVape Kensei RTA for vaping out at home - it's a lovely vape but a complete juice guzzler - normally reserved for the evenings when I want a proper vape out.

eVic Primo Mini with Procore Aires tank for travelling and when Im out and about - I find this a really nice every day vape, it's not too cloudy for when I want to vape in bars (though it can produce an impressive weather system!) and I find a single battery mod much easier when on the road (I do a lot of international travel) - keeping a 2 x single battery rotation charged on a dual charger is easier to juggle when bouncing between hotels then always having to charge/use two in parallel. I use it intermittently at home too. I also carry an old empty Nautilus Triton 2 tank as an emergency incase I break my tank when I'm away from home.

redeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chicago suburbs
www.nofearmotorsports.com

Sickbxy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2018
Spring, Texas
So far, this is what 2018 is looking like:

357B9C2F-7A12-4167-800D-14195DEE4F24.jpeg
Vicious Ant Knight:
Goon 1.5 (duel 5 wrap/ 4.0 SS quadcore fused claptons)

896FC232-BB67-47DA-868F-5204C5693E15.jpeg
Kennedy 25 duel post (duel 7 wrap/ 3.5 SS quadcore fused claptons)

CD8D7EC2-DF5E-4A64-A92C-87C5BEF232BC.jpeg
Reuleaux RX Gen3
Alpine (duel 5 wrap/ 3.5 ka spaced claptons) CSMNT top cap

Suorin Drop nic hitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread