what mod to upgrade too...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jordycakes

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2014
UK
So I feel iv out grown my pro tank mini 2, so I'm going to get a aspire nautilus mini as iv just tried my step dad's aspire with the bvc and the flavour was alot better,
So pretty much I'll be looking for a new mod as I want to get into the higher wattage, I have my eye on two
The eleaf istick 20w
And
The itaste v4 15watts

I am open to others but would like some guidance on the pros and cons and all round help

Thank you
Jordan. :)
I yy

RamShot Rowdy

Battery Police
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2009
Oklahoma, USA
I'm not familiar with your current device or the iTaste, but we do own two eLeaf iSticks. I bought one for my wife, along with a Nautilus Mini, and I liked it so much I bought myself one. Here are my Pros/Cons on it:

PROS:

Its cheap, I think they typically run around $35 US or less.
The 18650 battery in them lasts a long time. I'm a heavy vaper and it last me about a day, my wife can go several days on a single charge.
Its small, so it's easy to carry and fits the hand nicely.
It goes up to 20 watts or 5.5 volts.
It has a nice display, built in protection, and is very easy to adjust/use.

CONS:

The battery isn't replaceble.
The 510 pin isn't spring loaded.
Some people have had issues with the 510 threads stripping out.
Bigger tanks look funny on it and may hang off.

We really like ours, and some of the cons can be overcome. For the threads and spring loaded 510 pin you can just install the bending adapter eLeaf makes. It adds a little length to the device, but it saves the threads and has a spring loaded 510 pin. On the last con, a Nautilus Mini fits it great and doesn't really hang off the device. If you want to run a bigger tank, see my signature picture below. I have the included eGo adapter installed plus the taper ring that came with my Nautilus. It adds to the length, but solves the thread problem and there is no hard edge of the tank hanging off the device. Its still shorter than my 18650 mod setup like this.

Last edited:

GinnyTx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2014
Pearland, TX
we're looking at vapor flasks and vaporsharks but those are apples and oranges not inexpensive and more than 20W, Very different animals.

but for an all day vape,,,you can't beat an iStick and Nautilus' or Kanger tanks, we just got a set up for Ed's brother last night and $75 bucks for istick, v2, and 60ml of juice from HighDesert Vapes..delivered to his door..Merry Christmas.
but you can't beat that..

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
So I feel iv out grown my pro tank mini 2, so I'm going to get a aspire nautilus mini as iv just tried my step dad's aspire with the bvc and the flavour was alot better,
So pretty much I'll be looking for a new mod as I want to get into the higher wattage, I have my eye on two
The eleaf istick 20w
And
The itaste v4 15watts

I am open to others but would like some guidance on the pros and cons and all round help

Thank you
Jordan. :)
I yy

Well if you're past the miniprotank stage, I'm thinking you've been vaping for 3 months, in which case I think you should be looking at replaceable battery mods, like a vamo, svd, or tesla. So you will be using 18650 cylindrical batteries instead of having to toss a whole device when the battery starts to go weak.

gin828

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2013
PA, USA
So your looking to upgrade....There is a lot of options nowadays:) If i were you, i would be looking for a 30watt set-up that takes batteries. All kinds of options out there but good batteries and a good charger will work with any removable battery set-up. Clone or authentic device.... its up to you. Do a lot of research before you buy. Most devices have pro and cons. Remember to check the specs of your choices some wont fire the new Atlantis sub-ohm coils. Not saying anyone has to sub-ohm or even bashing it.

Look at it this way. If you get a good device and good batteries you wont be upgrading that anytime soon. You have the ability to try RTA/RBA's and still use your old tanks and whatnots. I have spent a ton of money on devices that were just a little bit better than what I had. If i would have just done better research i would have saved about $300. The holiday season is only days a way so be on the lookout for sales and new product releases.

You may be wondering why i have not recommended any devices in my post. Its because i have seen hundreds of posts like this and most end up with the person buying a new mod after a couple hours of posting a thread. Only to see them complaining or upgrading again in a week or two. Research is must when you have limited funds:)

RamShot Rowdy

Battery Police
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2009
Oklahoma, USA
The SVD 2.0 is a pretty nice looking device but it's only 20 watts and runs about $100 US without a battery. If you are looking to spend that kind of money and want something with more power, you can get an American made VaporShark rDNA 30 or 40 watt device, which includes a replaceble battery and built in USB charger, in the $150-$180 US range.

If you want to take the next step in tank atomizers then getting into rebuildables might be the way to go. It would take some learning and practice on your part. You can get the popular Lemo RTA for around $40 US, an authentic Russian/Kayfun will run you $100+ US, then the authentic Squape R I have is about $175 US. You also have to invest in wire, wicking materials, an Ohm meter, ceramic tweezers, etc... There are cheaper Chinese clones of these devices, but do your homework before buying, some sound like junk according to some reviewers.

It all depends on how much you're looking to spend, how much power you want, and how much learning you're willing to do. The iStick + Nautilus Mini is a nice cheap little device with decent power for most vapers, but there are definitely more powerful and advanced devices out there.

BraveNewWorld

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2014
Pennsylvania
Just be aware on the istick that the chip is very inaccurate. Once you adjust for that, it does work. The Clouper mini just went on sale at Fasttech if you don't mind a long wait. The 30W chip is the one Clouper did right.
Link? Wasn't supposed to be out till January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread