What next for a Cloud Chasing comp mech?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wraith504

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
New Orleans, LA
Any one out there that does comps pls tell me your setup. im about due for a new harder hitting mech mostly for comps. what mods out there hit like a champ? currently im running a copper nemesis, and a plume veil. ive heard the xxix is good but is there any others that are worth looking at?

Most quality mods are going to hit almost 1 for 1 There is usually not much of a noticeable difference in voltage drop to really matter. Note. I say MOST. Copper will likely be your best choice, unless there is a good Solid silver out there since silver conducts better than copper.

PapaSloth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2014
Portland, OR, USA
Most quality mods are going to hit almost 1 for 1 There is usually not much of a noticeable difference in voltage drop to really matter. Note. I say MOST. Copper will likely be your best choice, unless there is a good Solid silver out there since silver conducts better than copper.

Gold and platinum are even better than copper. For a true competition-level cloud chaser, he's going to need to go with the solid platinum mod to stay in the running. Don't skimp when your reputation is at stake!

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
LMAO... you guys are terrible...
I'm actually making a 99950 mod out of Unobtainium... batt is safe to 99.9A and the volt drop is only 0.0000000001v... best part is the metal has a property that allows it to hold such a huge battery, but is only the size of a toothpick... it uses dimensional shift technology (kinda like the TARDIS, it's bigger on the inside)... due to this fact, airflow is not a problem because it has internal fans and pulls air in from the arctic to keep the vape cool enough to actually handle, but it pushes the vape through a turbo to compress it before the inhale so that the exhale actually quadruples in size as you blow it out...

But wait!! ... There's more!
You can have one, too... it's only $19.99 + shipping and handling!!

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Yep! I saw that one... even more power than the Romulan's warp core on TNG (artificial black hole)... I'm betting that the Tardis engine would need an ocean's worth of juice for a single hit though!!
Not sure how I'm feeling about the new Doc yet, but we'll see where they take the story... kinda cool that he seems to still have some memories from the last Doc...

PapaSloth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2014
Portland, OR, USA
Yep! I saw that one... even more power than the Romulan's warp core on TNG (artificial black hole)... I'm betting that the Tardis engine would need an ocean's worth of juice for a single hit though!!
Not sure how I'm feeling about the new Doc yet, but we'll see where they take the story... kinda cool that he seems to still have some memories from the last Doc...

I think we've pretty decisively hijacked this thread ;)

I kind of like Capaldi as the doctor, but Clara continues to be an annoyance. At least they seem to be acknowledging that she's not the perfect little snowflake this season, and towards the end of the last season. David Tennant remains my favorite of the new doctors, by a thin margin over Matt Smith, but Tom Baker is still the best doctor of all time, IMO.

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
LMAO... I don't think this one ever got off the ground... ;)

Yeah, he's not bad... would have LOVED to see more of John Hurt as the doctor though!
Completely agree about Clara... Loved Rose and Amy though... HATED Donna Noble...
Tennant was my favorite new doc, followed very closely by Eccleston.... and yes... the 4th doctor ruled them all!!

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Any one out there that does comps pls tell me your setup. im about due for a new harder hitting mech mostly for comps. what mods out there hit like a champ? currently im running a copper nemesis, and a plume veil. ive heard the xxix is good but is there any others that are worth looking at?

I don't do competition but if I did, I'd wanna go holding a BIG 26650 mod; preferably a box mod with 2, 3 or 4 26650 batteries in parallel.

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
No real advantage to that... you get battery life, but that doesn't really help in comps... your amp rating wouldn't increase, and the best 26650 is equal to VTC4s and 5s for max discharge capacity... 30A continuous, 50A pulse... You'd be better off with a home-made hookah machine with a car battery and a furniture dolly...

Spencer87

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jakarta- Indonesia
I'm actually making a 99950 mod out of Unobtainium... batt is safe to 99.9A and the volt drop is only 0.0000000001v... best part is the metal has a property that allows it to hold such a huge battery, but is only the size of a toothpick... it uses dimensional shift technology (kinda like the TARDIS, it's bigger on the inside)... due to this fact, airflow is not a problem because it has internal fans and pulls air in from the arctic to keep the vape cool enough to actually handle, but it pushes the vape through a turbo to compress it before the inhale so that the exhale actually quadruples in size as you blow it out...

This is wonderful .

Get a cci copper mod. Authentic, hits like a beast, cci stands for cloud chasers inc.
It's like...under 70. Looks like a Panzer clone but isn't.
But it mostly depends on your atty and build more

PapaSloth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2014
Portland, OR, USA
im at the point where my atty and coil builds are on the point where i can actually notice different mods. im just trying to fine tune and refine how big i can get the clouds by changing to a harder hitting mech

A battery that produces 4.2V in a mod with a .2 voltage drop will deliver 4.0V to the coil. A 0.5 Ohm coil driven at 4.0V will produce 8A. 8A at 4V is 32W.

A battery that produces 4.2V in a mod with a 0 voltage drop will delivery 4.2V to the coil. A 0.55125 Ohm coil driven at 4.2V will produce 7.62A. 4.2V at 7.62A is 32W.

It's exactly the same vaping experience. If your mods have voltage drop, you can either invest $40 to $200 on a new mod, or you can just spend 0.05 cents and build a coil with slightly lower resistance.

minimalsaint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Michigan

China just cloned it. Thanks for your hard work in development, but it's just a tube with threads so no big deal.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
I think the iCig Muses should be a consideration. It puts out massive clouds...

1zyww3q.jpg

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
No real advantage to that... you get battery life, but that doesn't really help in comps... your amp rating wouldn't increase,

I've seen this posted numerous times and not sure where it started but theoretically parallel does increase the max amp. In parallel the current is split between cells increasing capacity and total max amperage. BUT, just because you can doesn't mean you should. If the cells are not identically matched the stronger cell will initially take the majority of the load while also trying to help his weaker partner.

I wouldn't use a parallel setup unless the batteries both had appropriate fuses. If the batteries are wired together without individual fuses and one battery fails the good battery will continually push current into a bad battery, creating a very bad situation and no quick way to stop it.

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
I've seen this posted numerous times and not sure where it started but theoretically parallel does increase the max amp. In parallel the current is split between cells increasing capacity and total max amperage. BUT, just because you can doesn't mean you should. If the cells are not identically matched the stronger cell will initially take the majority of the load while also trying to help his weaker partner.

I wouldn't use a parallel setup unless the batteries both had appropriate fuses. If the batteries are wired together without individual fuses and one battery fails the good battery will continually push current into a bad battery, creating a very bad situation and no quick way to stop it.

You are absolutely correct, Plumber... I misspoke. It would, indeed increase the amperage rating of the batteries and is a bad idea for the reasons you stated... it is the voltage that would not increase.
Serial configuration increases voltage but retains same current limits. (8.4v with 30A limit for serial VTC5s for instance)
Parallel configuration increases current limits but retains the same voltage output. (4.2v with 60A limit for parallel VTC5s using the same instance)

I stand corrected and thank you for pointing it out for me. :)

*Edit*
Either case... serial or parallel is still a bad idea in my opinion...

Last edited:

Smann245

Aug 16, 2014
USA
I've seen this posted numerous times and not sure where it started but theoretically parallel does increase the max amp. In parallel the current is split between cells increasing capacity and total max amperage.
You need to learn about Ohm's Law. E=IR (Voltage = Current x Resistance). That means V/R=Amps. If the V and R are fixed, so is the amps. As long as the battery can support the amp load, adding more batteries does nothing to increase current to the load. It only splits the current load among the batteries reducing battery drain. V or R must be changed to adjust Current. With fixed batt voltage there is only one option left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread