Not open for further replies.

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
I wouldnt start out with LR...mind you NONE of us did. Start easy, with standard gear, since your not here to support all their habits and they dont know what they want themselves yet. Standard 510 and/or cartos. They can grow at their own pace from there.

I'm not sure I understand why. eGo paired with 2ohm cartos is a beautiful thing. :) 3ohm cartos have a pretty airy draw and produce so-so vapor at 3.2v, not nearly as satisfying as the lower resistance. Why start them out on the things we found out could be improved upon?

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Since cartos are specifically an add-on, going right to the 2 ohm makes a lot of sense to me. They give a decent starting point. If the person then wants to branch out, going to drip tips, LR atties, CE2,... they can, but will at least have a decent initial set of stuff to work from.

There's also the potential for an oddball atty in a kit. When I picked up my first Riva package I did a doubletake, surprised at how cruddy the vaping was. Fortunately I had LR cartos, went right to them, no problem -- it turned out that the one atty, right in the Riva kit, was actually 3.4 ohms (fine for a VV, not so good for standard Riva battery); the other atty was 2.4 ohms (haven't used it since I like cartos).

atsirk

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2010
Lake Oswego, Oregon
I think I'll get them each started with regular and lr cartos utilizing the 3 packs for 20 deal (http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ers-forum/168862-everyone-likes-freebies.html) - that'll keep the cost down for me) and a regular atty with a bunch of empty carts - that way they can go through the trials we all did lol.

The first person I tried to convert was my sister-in-law - sat down with her for a spell and went through dripping, carts, cleaning, etc., and either it was TMI or I'm no good at it, because her eyes glazed over and the kit ended up in the closet (I've since gotten it back, think anyone would want a blu PIF? lol. It was all I had, no $$). In truth though, I think she just didn't want to quit - she loves her smokes.

I sure wish these folks were online so I could just send them to ECF for the learning experience. By any chance does anyone know of a short, but comprehensive printable guide - general info, cleaning & maintenence? That would really help (and not just me!).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread