What to get first?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigster

Aug 2, 2017
SF Bay Area
Hello & Welcome To ECF...I too think it sounds like your best starting point is a Mouth To Lung/MTL starter kit and there are many...All of the above are good ones...I started with an Endura Endura T18 as well...The other great starter kit is the Aspire Zelos...Most of the parts & pieces are compatible...I own a Zelos and my favorite set-up is the Aspire mod + Innokin T22 tank...Same as the T18 but 2ml greater capacity...Many To Choose From !!!...Trig :D

Trigster

Aug 2, 2017
SF Bay Area
Never had one of those, but I have my doubts about preset wattages... I wouldn't get one myself, but that's just me.
Absolutely...Being fixed at 14watts is too warm for me but some people like it...That's why I use the Zelos Mod...But I love the T18/T22 tanks...They're as simple as can be and the coils last forever...It's a good little starter kit but I do much prefer a variable mod...

mlue00

Oct 26, 2017
Welcome to ECF .... vaping is much healthier than smoking as you'll soon find out. I use a T18 from Innokin which is a common starter kit.... gofishtx mentioned a few as well. Once you get started, you can decide to move to fancier devices at your leisure. The big deal is that vaping can get you off cigarettes.
Thanks, my pleasure to be here, the T18 looks promising, looks like I can get it for ard 26usd which is good, should I look into a internal battery regulated device too? I read about them keeping things safe? or is it not necessary for now?

Wraith504

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
New Orleans, LA
Thanks, my pleasure to be here, the T18 looks promising, looks like I can get it for ard 26usd which is good, should I look into a internal battery regulated device too? I read about them keeping things safe? or is it not necessary for now?
I would. save the cost of a few cells and a half decent charger and spend that savings for replacement coils and juice to try.:thumbs:

mlue00

Oct 26, 2017
Well you have the will power to succeed. A pack a week, really?
You have to decide if you want mtl, mouth to lung, which closely mimics the draw on a cig. Or dtl, direct to lung which will more closely mimic the lung feel of a cig. Most go with mtl for draw. I usually recommend a tank that will come close to either.

I do look forwards to completely quitting and thats why Im here haha, I guess I will start with a MTL then, there are really a lot to choose from:lol:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
If y
If you get removable batteries it is highly recommended to get a external charger for them. So a internal battery mod might be a smart move to start.
I agree. I vaped half a year before I bought my 1st external batt mod. Made it easier. One less thing to learn up front.

mlue00

Oct 26, 2017
Um... I've been vaping for years, still can't (and don't really want to) direct inhale. Just sayin'. I highly recommend you start slowly, MTL, lower wattage, reliable kit. You can always switch to DH/higher wattages if MTL is not enough...
Thanks Katya, MTL sound good to me, any suggestion for a balanced starter kit? I was a pretty heavy smoker tho..

mlue00

Oct 26, 2017
RDA wouldn't be good to start on. Probably start with mouth to lung but get a tank that you can advance with. A set-up I got for my cousin who only smokes a pack a week is the Eleaf I stick Pico with the Mello Tank. You can close the airflow for a tighter draw closer to sucking a milkshake or open the airflow for a more open Direct lung. Plus you can pick these up for under $30 about $8 for a good battery and you can charge it thru the USB. This would get you started for under $40 and then I would start your Juice around 6mg -8 mg nic.
Get the Pico 25 for a little bit more and you can fit any tank you want in the future.
Fantastic, I was worried I get all these gear then they won't fit me in little time, so knowing theres choice with advancement capability is great. so you reccommand a external battery?

Reactions: stols001

annyway

Sep 30, 2017
Fürth / Germany
Welcome mlue00, I answered your question over in my post where you asked but have something else to add.

Even though I wouldn't recommend the Joyetech EGO AIO it worked over a year for me. It's been a tough year (not vaping wise, personal life and work wise) and I am glad that I had an easy device to start. No worries about external battery charging, watts, leakage, whatsoever. I could just prime it, fill it and vape it. Thats what I needed at that point.

And just like Mr.Relentless said, best would be you go to an offline store and try different setups and liquids. The employees usually don't bite, only vape :D

mlue00

Oct 26, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread