What was your first ever PV/E-Cig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telescope Neil

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2013
Quezon City, Philippines
I've been reading around the new member's forum, and it seems to me that almost every starters started out with an ego/kgo battery, a twist or spinner etc. So now i'm kinda feeling special, but not in a good way. Found out about vaping in mid August, and bought my own in December.

My first ever PV was the Telescope, which is where my forum name was named after. My only reason for buying that was it so aesthetically appealed to me that i did not have second thoughts, I bought it already. I didn't even think about if it had some kind of battery/short circuit protection, i just bought it. Then i found out about VV/VW devices which obviously the Telescope didn't have. So i got a Young June Lavatube 1.5 (the first YJLT i think) and i was more than happy. Yeah i know i'm pretty late to the party, but i didn't care because i was more than happy with it.

These are my only 2 mods right now, and I think I'm now getting crazy over mods! Am I the only one who started out vaping like this? I don't wanna be the only one who missed out on the Ego phase of vaping, haha

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
First PV was a Megalodon. Reasons I bought it:
all mechanical and cheap/ easy to repair
cheap replaceable batts
fired at 3.7 volts or 6 volts depending on batt size
could be used in full size or stealth mode
batts lasted about 20 hrs before recharge required
Durable and was hoping it would last a long time and, except for replacing a firing pin, still looks and fires great.

Was gifted a Provari
Was gifted an eGo
Next bought a Kgo
Next an SD Keyring.
Next some Twists
Finally some Spinners
Spinners are my fave and go to vape

Last edited:

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
you are obviously making me feel bad :( didn't want to hear you started with an ego lol

Don't feel bad about what you started with or what you didn't. Feel GREAT that you did start!!!!! I'm not sure what the Telescope is, if it worked for you that's all the counts. Your journey has started and you will do great. :toast:

You don't want to know what I started with. :lol:

Telescope Neil

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2013
Quezon City, Philippines
Don't feel bad about what you started with or what you didn't. Feel GREAT that you did start!!!!! I'm not sure what the Telescope is, if it worked for you that's all the counts. Your journey has started and you will do great. :toast:

You don't want to know what I started with. :lol:

I don't feel bad of what i started with, i just wanted to know who else did the similar thing. :) and yes, i do wanna know what you started with :D

beatlesfan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2010
NW Indiana
What does everyone think of the provari? I here good things and see it all over the place. Thinking about making it my next PV but just wanted to get some opinions on it.

I'm loving mine quite a bit. It's solid so I don't worry about it breaking at all. I got the mini, and it's a lot smaller than I thought it would be.

Started with a Blu in 2010, hated it and went back to analogs. Then I found a Riva 510 kit, upgraded to a 1000mah twist, it broke so now I have a Provari Mini and it's great!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

laddu ga

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
new york
i started about 2 months ago with a logic rechargable e cig. Read about e-cigs and vaping on the internet and had an Ego battery within 1 week. Read too much of this website and then bought an Ego twist and then Vision spinner and then mods. This site is a bad influence as it relates to buying vaping stuff. I do use all of them so i don't feel so guilty.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I don't feel bad of what i started with, i just wanted to know who else did the similar thing. :) and yes, i do wanna know what you started with :D

Well since you asked. ;)

I found ECF before I even bought an ecig of any kind. I researched for weeks reading here on the forums. I started with the eGo. :D. Got a kit that had cartridges :facepalm: and used those for about a month. Then read more and decided on Vision Vivi Nova's and haven't switched from those. I have had no problems with them and they are perfect for me. I did get a ProVari from my hubby for Christmas (after I emailed him a link and told him this is what I want for Christmas ;) ). I do love it. I like simplicity and I'm not a tinkerer. I have no desire to explore other options since this setup satisfies me. I understand it, I know what to do to maintain them and keep them running very well. I don't have to think about anything.

;)

Cyrene

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Twin Lakes, WI
I started with Blu, and actually still use them once in awhile - but I fill my own cartridges - and they are still fun.

But after that, I traveled to an eGo knock-off 650maH, (still running by the way), and now I'm at a real eGo 1000maH
with either a vivi nova or a stardust attached to it. I also have a eGo Twist, and it's in rotation, but I don't like it any
better than the regular 1000maH's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread