What was your initial response you had your first Vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

freeatlast!

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2013
Kansas, USA
kestra.zenfolio.com
My first attempt was a Blu, I think it was almost 3 years ago. Just didn't do it for me - had potential, but it was too big, too long, too fat, not enough "smoke," etc. I was one who wanted something exactly like a cigarette. Probably a year later, I tried a few other cigalikes, and spent $ on a Vapor Couture kit. VC's were pretty and tasty but not strong enough and the quality control was awful - couldn't get them to recharge, even the replacements they sent me - finally threw everything in the trash in disgust. By this time I had seen eGos but ugh - didn't like the looks of them. However, by this time I'd discovered ECF and read how all you people were raving about vaping - frankly, I thought you had all traded one addiction for another.

Still, one day in a convenience store about 9 months ago, noticed they had eGos for sale, and eliquid, etc. On impulse, I bought one. Went home, put it together and filled it up. Took a drag. Went "wow!" With that drag, I knew this was the answer - I could quit smoking with this!! I had 1/2 pack or so of my beloved tobacco cigs left; over the next few days, I finished the pack. Haven't smoked a cigarette since, and have barely had any cravings (two or three). I'm even using 0 nic now most of the time.

Then I started hanging out on ECF and became as "addicted" as most other members!! Spent a lot of money, had a great time and am sooo grateful I found ECF and tried that lowly eGo ecig!! I'm pretty sure I'll never smoke again. I had smoked for 47 years and thought I'd never be able to kick that habit. Thank you, ECF, and thank you, ecigs!!!

Interestingly, I now enjoy the cigalikes as well; finally used up the Blu, have some V2's which are really pretty good, and Njoys aren't bad either. I actually use a cigalike when I have a craving; seems to do the trick!

ElConquistador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2013
Oklahoma
Well, after trying to fill my CE4 clearo from the bottom without taking anything apart, getting that mess cleaned up, figuring out how to fill it, and pushing the fire button without really giving the wick time to fully saturate, I heard some crackling and took a puff.

My reaction? I just sat there and smiled.

I still just smile when I get something new or when I rebuild and take that first puff on a nice new wick and coil.

Shootist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2014
Decatur, GA, USA
My first reaction was.

FINALLY I CAN GET OFF CIGARETTES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bad part was I started with Blu. Which allowed me to cut down on smoking. It wasn't until I got the Halo G6 that I was able to put the cigarettes down completely.

Now I don't even think about cigarettes and I'm turned off by the smell of them when someone is either smoking or just finished smoking and is around me. I asked a fellow worked to leave my office when he came in just after having a cigarette. I could smell it on him.

Paradicio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2014
Altadena, CA
My first (real) experience was with a Vision Spinner, Kanger Aerotank, and Halo's Tribeca. My first thought was 'Yeah, ok. I can do this. I can quit with this. As long as it tastes and feels like this I can do it.'

I was staunchly against any fruity or dessert flavors because 'that's not what a cigarette should taste like.'

Now I vape fruity flavors almost exclusively (cause they taste so good!)....

How things change. :vapor:

Recycled Roadkill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2013
Garland, TX
My first vape was from a gals PV whose spit I trusted. I wasn't impressed because I didn't like the flavor she had. Months later, when I decided I was going to reduce the amount of cigarettes I smoked I was able to test several different flavors until I found one that I felt closely imitated the Marlboros I was smoking.

24 hours later, and instead of just cutting back, I'd put the cigarettes aside for, so far, ever.

Since then, I've been vaping several varieties of flavors, throat hit and tobacco replicas are no longer needed or desired.

Warpigs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
USA
My 1st vape, I took a tug of my buddies Silver Bullet. I choked and coughed and eyes watered and all that. I, at the time was smoking 3-4 packs of Marlboro reds a day. I was like dude, that's worse than cigs. But when I finally quit smoking I bought myself a Silver Bullet, few 5ml pbc tanks, few batteries and a charger, and few botom coils, some RY4 and just started with small hits, and worked myself to were I can totally fill my lungs if I feel like it. For me I just had to work slow and take more bigger hits as I went along and got used to the vape.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I assumed it was all a scam. Get rich quick. Lose weight without dieting. Quit smoking. Etc.

Luckily for me, my brother was determined. He did all the original research on ECF and YouTube. He decided on the eGo-T which was pretty new back then. So, of course, I started on the same thing.

Like DetraMental and fraychek, I thought "This could work!" I had a couple of cigarettes that night as an excuse to go outside and be by myself for a few minutes to think. And, I had one more cigarette before bed the next day. That was Feb 27, 2011. Over 3 years without another cigarette!

My overall reaction to vaping? It's an absolute miracle!

Jim Diamond

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2013
North Texas
Like many others, my first vape was with the Blu's. All VG, no throat hit, was like inhaling air. Then I tried a friend's Joyetech/eGo, the old ones with the cones and the plastic tips that you filled with juice. I was like wow, this has some throat hit! And the rest is history. About a week ago was 2 years for me vaping and no analogs. :)

Last edited:

Tomthern

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
White River Junction, VT
My first was a cigalike that I spent $130 on. I tried it and I said I can do this. I got down to a few a day and then it just didn't do it. Then I got my tax refund and decided to get something better. That is when I stopped. I aw that this could work. I haven't smoked since. I upgraded and now am very happy. I started to try different juices. Now I have never looked back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread