What would happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lordron's_Drag

Mar 7, 2019
Karnes city, Texas
If I put my crown3 on this mech mod what would happen .25 coils in the crown. I used a ohms law app and my currents only 14.8 amps all mine are 20a or better

Attachments

• IMG_20190328_085319.jpg
    IMG_20190328_085319.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
  • Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Lordron's_Drag

Mar 7, 2019
Karnes city, Texas
If I put my crown3 on this mech mod what would happen .25 coils in the crown. I used a ohms law app and my currents only 14.8 amps all mine are 20a or better[/QUOTE
assuming when I fire it, the voltags is 3.7 all bettery have men checked 3.5 or better fully charged

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
First, take a little time to download an Ohms Law app or Google for an Ohms Law calculator.

Then plug in the numbers you've provided, but realize that the battery - whether it's called a 3.7 or 3.6 V battery is actually 4.2 V at a full charge. The other numbers indicate its nominal voltage, not peak voltage.

Knowing that the AR mod has a standard 510 connection (as opposed to a faux hybrid 510), you'd pull up to 16.8 Amps. That's within the CDR (20A) of your battery.

BEFORE attaching anything to a mech mod, though, it would behoove you to test the atomizer on an ohm meter. There can be a bit of variance in stock coils up to and including fully shorted (rather rare, but it does happen). Once you're quite certain your stock coil is good, you can use it.

Having spouted all that, I never run sub ohm tanks on mech because coils can go from good to bad without warning. I prefer being able to visually check my coils from time to time, and to do that an RDA is preferable.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
If I put my crown3 on this mech mod what would happen .25 coils in the crown. I used a ohms law app and my currents only 14.8 amps all mine are 20a or better

On a full charge (4.2 volts) on a mech you would be vaping that at around 70 watts, by the time the battery dropped to 3.7volts you would be down to around 55 watts. So if you like that tank and those coils in that range go for it. If 70 watts is too high on a regulated mod then it's going to be too high on a mech. If 55 watts it too low then you will be changing batteries quite frequently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread