The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

What would happen

Discussion in 'Mech Mods' started by Lordron's_Drag, Apr 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Lordron's_Drag

Lordron's_Drag Super Member

Mar 7, 2019
    Karnes city, Texas
    If I put my crown3 on this mech mod what would happen .25 coils in the crown. I used a ohms law app and my currents only 14.8 amps all mine are 20a or better

Attached Files:

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Lordron's_Drag

Mar 7, 2019
    Karnes city, Texas
    assuming when I fire it, the voltags is 3.7 all bettery have men checked 3.5 or better fully charged

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Shawn Hoefer

Shawn Hoefer ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 21, 2015
    Arkansas Ozarks
    First, take a little time to download an Ohms Law app or Google for an Ohms Law calculator.

Then plug in the numbers you've provided, but realize that the battery - whether it's called a 3.7 or 3.6 V battery is actually 4.2 V at a full charge. The other numbers indicate its nominal voltage, not peak voltage.

Knowing that the AR mod has a standard 510 connection (as opposed to a faux hybrid 510), you'd pull up to 16.8 Amps. That's within the CDR (20A) of your battery.

BEFORE attaching anything to a mech mod, though, it would behoove you to test the atomizer on an ohm meter. There can be a bit of variance in stock coils up to and including fully shorted (rather rare, but it does happen). Once you're quite certain your stock coil is good, you can use it.

Having spouted all that, I never run sub ohm tanks on mech because coils can go from good to bad without warning. I prefer being able to visually check my coils from time to time, and to do that an RDA is preferable.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. ScottP

ScottP Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    On a full charge (4.2 volts) on a mech you would be vaping that at around 70 watts, by the time the battery dropped to 3.7volts you would be down to around 55 watts. So if you like that tank and those coils in that range go for it. If 70 watts is too high on a regulated mod then it's going to be too high on a mech. If 55 watts it too low then you will be changing batteries quite frequently.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Ben85

Ben85 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 16, 2014
    Kent, UK
    Simply put, don’t use premade coils on a mech. Too many arrive short and can easily go short. It’s just not worth it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Lordron's_Drag

Mar 7, 2019
    Karnes city, Texas
    I'm at 80w but yeah I don't want to short so NVM lol

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.