What would you tell your best friend to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

K-Sound Krew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2008
Worcester
I just gave my parents and sister a 901, 401, and lady pipe yesterday

They hated the 401
Loved the 901
And thought the pipe was good, but looked stupid and wouldn't use it in public

I love the lady pipe, I've only had it for 3 days and that's all I use and there is no learning curve for it, if they wouldn't feel stupid with a pipe, I'd go with that

ApOsTle51

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2008
UK
check out the devices preference poll :
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/electronic-cigarette-reviews/4271-device-preferences-poll-redux.html

and the wish list poll :
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/electronic-cigarette-reviews/2734-device-preferences.html

I'd suggest for a first ecig the 901 is a winner. The evo is a great performer but it's a bit fiddly to top off the carts compared to a 901 otherwise that would be a winner.

Ofcourse , for long term user the SD would be my suggestion , but you already knew that ;)

Last edited:

Walrus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Baton Rouge, LA
Actually, I'd recommend a pen-style for a noob over the 901. They are both workhorses, and while the 901 is smaller and easier to carry around, I think (based on my own experience) that the easier draw, longer cart life, and longer battery life of the pen give a smaller 'learning curve' and less initial frustration to the noob.

bettyboop

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2008
Somerset,Pa
I tell my friends The EVOlution m401 from intellicig..I have been thru the 901's they are very needy and alot of charging, watching the switch doesn't stick..and bad atomizers.
The EVO has been my no hassle take in the car, to work and around town..
Also the customer service from John has been great. He answers emails and random questions...
I love the no primer hit and great vapor..

puff-puff-pass

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Alberta
My shopping list8-o

Refill Cartridges DSE901 200/pcs
- Flavour Tobacco
- Cartridege Colour Black
- Level XVHIGH=28mg
$46.55
Charger 12/pcs $38.00
Atomizer for DSE-901 30/pcs
- Atomizer Colour Black
$155.79
Battery for DSE-901 20/pcs
- Battery Colour Black
- LED Colour Blue ( minimal 15pc )
$142.00

For a grand total of $57/person (7 people in on it). :D
I dont know if any suppliers could match that. If they can, feel free to PM me.

WiηgC¤mmαηdεя

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2009
Dieppe, NB
I use the Evo myself and I know that vapordrag.caSTORE CLOSING APRIL 7th PM is closing down 07/04/2009 (unfortunately) and is offering great prices on his remaining stock. Just checked his site and as of right now has some starter kits, mighty atom batteries and carts left for sale.
Hope this helps.

Lochstar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2008
MN, USA
The 901 for a new vaper, cuz it is a great price/performance ratio and allows them to see if they like esmoking first without busting the bank. I know penstyles are *generally* a better vape (I haven't had good luck with them though), a 901 will give them a better idea of the options and if they like vaping, then move them to the better "hit" of a penstyle.

Odds are most folks will prefer the 901 form factor to a pen style right away, then move to a penstyle when they decide they really like vaping. The crucial bit though, even though the 901 isn't the *best*, it's got the right price to try it out.

salex88

Apr 7, 2009
I am a new e cigarette user; I just bought an NPRO (my first e cig) two days ago and I am very dissatisfied with the amount of vapor it puts out. My starter kit cartridges (5)lasted two days so I am still smoking regular cigarettes until I get my e liquid from Totally Wicked. That said, I am thinking of buying a DSE901 or a penstyle based on what I've read in these forums but I'm not sure where to buy from. I just want an e cigarette that will simulate the smoking experience because regular cigarettes are killing me! I smoke to relieve stress and I am under lots of it now so I need a replacement habit - e cigs seem to be a godsend if I could only find the right product. I am trying to read all of the forum threads to figure out what to do from here. This is new to me so any advise based on my comments would be appreciated.

Savantster

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2009
Fond du Lac, WI
I'm with you, salex88.. I used to love smoking, but quit 6 years ago because of health concerns (long before any serious symptoms showed up because I don't want any of those). But I didn't smoke for 18 years for just "no reason", and I still want that bump, and that relaxing wave, and that deferrance from snacking and the like. I'm not sure I need a good throat hit, but if I can "simulate" smoking without all that nastiness that went with it, I'm game.

From what it looks like here, the DSE901 might be the way to go.

Though, I have a question (since I'm having a hard time finding the information again). What is the deal with Ruyan and the "ultrasonic atomizer"? I've not found anything about those, most of what I'm seeing here is heat based atomizers, which aren't as "good" as the ultrasonic (burn out, burning that wick is bad news, etc etc). I can't find clear information as to which version of the Ruyan has that; it seems that would have a MUCH longer life than these heating element types, and would avoid the risk of _any_ "burnt" material getting in your lungs.

Failing any information on those, I'll probably order up a DSE901 soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread