What you do for a living? How did smoking affect your work Vs. Vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
System admin at a faculty. Used to smoke in my office and nobody dared to tell me otherwise. Now I blow big clouds and rings and still nobody dares to tell me otherwise.

vaping in the server room is pretty wild though. Watching the vapor getting sucked in the cooling system and swirling around just to be blowed out somewhere else is awesome. :D

Regards
Tony

Sent from my phone through a keyboard (or something like that)

Spencer87

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jakarta- Indonesia
I am a teacher at a junior high school and two elementary schools. When I was smoking.... i had to go off school property, and sometimes even, across the street to the city hall smoking areas. Now, Though, I can vape in designated rooms that students are not allowed to enter, and parents wont go in. I love my schools!:vapor:

BallSweater

Jan 17, 2015
Canada
I'm a factory worker. In 2014 smoking, e-cigs, anything is not acceptable... therefore nothing has changing in that respect. 12 hrs a work day I don't vape but once I am done I'm vaping it up as I do on the drive there =) I'm used to it and it saved me on cigs, when I smoked, and now saves me on ejuice as I'd otherwise be using it (my vaporizer) much more. Good thing is my car smells better and is cleaner and I can vape indoors when I'm home.

Phild0

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2014
Mesa, AZ
Another truck driver here. I smoked a pack a day and quit 50 something days ago. Still get the urge for a smoke driving this through Los angeles but I vape.

image.jpg

gph61

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
I run a small fabrication shop. I used to walk around most of the day with a half burnt, usually unlit cigar in my mouth. The affect on me was it's hard to hang an atty/mod combo out of your mouth. I had to adjust to setting it down on a bench. That did take a while and led to frequent work stoppages for vape breaks. I still stop to vape and I'm probably less productive because of it but the business is fine and I might be at it for longer.

GaryInTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2013
NE Texas, USA
Cattle rancher. Don't see another human for 4 or 5 days at a time so I never had any issues with no smoking rules or anyone bothered by it. Switched to vaping just to feel better and maybe live a little longer. I've got grandkids that need to be taught the proper way to fish and I intend to finish that job.

dbeast64

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2013
South Carolina
I started vaping Jan of 2013 and where I was working at the time had no restrictions concerning vaping,including the break room,as long as I wasn't in the office area and remained that way until the day I left in June of last year. Recently talked to a buddy I used to work with and vaping is only allowed in the shop or outside,due some of the less respectful started sub ohming and blowing "nuclear clouds" in the break room and the office areas.

Zod

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2010
Salt Lake
Construction foreman here. Depending on the general contractor and/or owner some frown upon vaping but nowhere near as hated as the smokers. Usually they hate the butts all over the ground the most. When there's often noise, dust, and chemicals around no one really notices a little vapor as long as you're respectful enough to keep it low key but that's just common sense. It's actually improved efficiency as 5 seconds to take a quick puff off my mod is far less time consuming than going outside for 10 minutes every hour or two. In 5 years I've converted around 20 of my crew members from cancer sticks to vaping but it's easy when they're freezing outside looking in at me vaping and smiling.:vapor:

UA72Riddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2010
Griffin, GA
I work in nuclear power plants (and other clean energy plants) all over the world, but am currently a supervisor over the construction if a new nuclear plant, first new plants built in 20ish years. I'm a Union Pipefitter/Welder by trade. I have been vaping for over 4 years now, and came from the group that wanted to just get off the stinkies....not try to cause a fog advisory in the surrounding counties. So I have always stealth vaped at work with no issues until some less respectful vapers showed up a year later with the "I'll vape and blow my vapor clouds where and when ever I want to" attitude and ruined that. I still stealth vape, just not out in the open anymore.
Because of the other vapers, the contractor here (not the company I work for) has classified ecigs to be the same as cigarettes and must be used in smoking areas. I still refuse to stand in a "smoke pit" to use my vaporizer, so I stand off to the side away from the smokers unless I'm talking to some of my guys.

Danbrooks2k

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
Pensacola, Florida
I am a Paramedic.

When I worked on a rescue unit I needed to stop after dropping off every patient for a smoke, 2 or 3 smokes if it was a bad call. That was time that I could have used to work on my patient care reports, or time I could have ate a healthy snack or a 15 minute power nap.

When I started vaping I realized I could work on my reports and still get my nicotine fix.

Now I work offshore on an oil rig. I can vape in my clinic instead of wasting time going to the smoking area.

I get a lot more work done and my last 2 jobs as a paramedic I have been promoted to supervisor, and I didnt smoke.

Mrs C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Indiana
I chase after my grand daughter while her parents work during the day. I just walk over to the door of the kitchen or family room which ever one she's not in to blow my clouds.

Before that I worked in a small gift shop. The owner didn't mind me vaping in the shop as long as I didn't fog the place up. I didn't vape if there were kids there or if a customer was close to the counter though.

issy

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2014
Between Timid and Timbuktu
I work at an rv resort...120-something sites, 12-ish cabins. 2 employees, property manager and me...executive maintenance? Haven't figured out the title yet. I upkeep the buildings, large pool, grounds, cabins, etc.

Smoking was no problem, but it sure gets hot and uncomfortable here. I vape anywhere I want...

...it's unbelievable to watch the sun rise over the cold, misty bayou while you are in your screened-in golf cart, making your own fog that drifts around you. Great stuff.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Another truck driver here. I smoked a pack a day and quit 50 something days ago. Still get the urge for a smoke driving this through Los angeles but I vape.

View attachment 406519

better you than me. dunno how you do it. wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. gods speed, man.

between smoking my ninnies off and being a fat, lazy stay at home dad to support my wifes dream, i'm in no physical condition to do the jobs i used to do that made me good money. construction, fire and water restoration, etc.

i've done a lot of jobs and other than physically (now) i'm qualified for quite a bit. but smoking took it's toll pretty good. not breathing made me quite lethargic in life style. much more than i'd like with having 2 young boys. wife's going to have to get a gun permit when the daughter becomes of age... and claim she was the one shooting. but that's another story.

so i got my class A and started driving a rig. even then, some of the duties i have require more physical activity than i'd have been able to do a year ago.

vaping has been a god sent.

Soignee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2014
Austin>SWFL
plus.google.com
I'm a chef/culinarian. Smoked for a LONG time.

No smoking allowed at mah current gig, no vaping as well...

I circumvent that with many trips to the walk-in or storeroom to "restock" mah station...low ohms, high nic content keeps mah cravings at bay. No nasty cigarette smell keeps mah cover safe...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread