What's under your lip/in your nose right now? - Part 2

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
I have bought from them before with no issues. The shipping wasn't quite as fast as snuscentral but it was ok. I saw that sale but I'm fully stocked right now.
I did notice that only select Snus is 50% off, it ranges from 10% up to 50%. Some of the discounts just bring it down to what other places normally charge, which is why I have never ordered from them before. I didn't NEED any Snus either, I just snap up good deals when they come along. I vacuum seal it and put it in the freezer, so it will last a Long time. They charge a LOT of tobacco tax here in Florida, I talked to an ECF member on the coast and he said General Snus in the store is over $8 a can, and Camel Snus (all there is anywhere close) around here is almost $7 a can, so I keep a year+ in the freezer (6 months min) as there are no other real choices for me here. I currently have 114 cans in the freezer (of stuff I like, not counting my mistakes that I don't like, that are still in the freezer), so I didn't need 40 more cans, but at $2.66 a can shipped, I couldn't pass it up. :)

Pikeybarsteward

Verified Member
Aug 21, 2011
UK
Because of recent law changes , I am holding a hefty weight of nasal snuff...maybe 25 pounds all in (prolly a bit more :blush:) . Snuff is okay because 'most' will store for years with a bit of care.

I had to bin a tin the other day for rust but that was my own fault for leaving something water based and actively damp , open in a metal tin for two years . :D

I have had less success storing snus .Longterm freezer storage has been a bit of a lottery for me over the years , so I tend to buy a month or two in advance. I never hold much more than a roll now . It's cut back the waste in my oral tobacco to almost zero. In the past I was trashing pots of portions regularly.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I am getting ever closer to my large Snus purchase. I'm pretty excited.

AZ tends to be behind in a lot of the regulatory/tax stuff, I think less out of desire to tax, but more out of a sort of corruption/grafty mentality and there are so many problems here, it tends to copy the other states down the line, because nobody can write or pass a bill.

I'm serious, my son's (last) non lawyer judge was like, just finishing up her terms in the state house and my son's last hearing she got her files mixed up, and kept calling the SERIOUSLY felonious gentleman prior to my son's case "Mr. Myson'slastname." All the lawyers corrected her, once. It finally took the clerk to mutter, "I need to go off record her a second," and then she literally GRABBED the files from the "judge" and said, "Here is the correct file."

Heart stopping. So snus here is like 3 dollars a can, and I hope it stays that way for a while, period, but regardless I shall be making a large purchase.

As to how non lawyers can become judges in certain County courts I have NO CLUE how that happened, but I do know the lawyers in this town are very, very, very unhappy. You should see them politely trying to dumb down what they are saying and sort of "remedial educate" the judges as they "defend" their clients. LOL.

Anna

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there

AZ tends to be behind in a lot of the regulatory/tax stuff, I think less out of desire to tax, but more out of a sort of corruption/grafty mentality and there are so many problems here, it tends to copy the other states down the line, because nobody can write or pass a bill.

I'm serious, my son's (last) non lawyer judge was like, just finishing up her terms in the state house and my son's last hearing she got her files mixed up, and kept calling the SERIOUSLY felonious gentleman prior to my son's case "Mr. Myson'slastname." All the lawyers corrected her, once. It finally took the clerk to mutter, "I need to go off record her a second," and then she literally GRABBED the files from the "judge" and said, "Here is the correct file."

Heart stopping. So snus here is like 3 dollars a can, and I hope it stays that way for a while, period, but regardless I shall be making a large purchase.

As to how non lawyers can become judges in certain County courts I have NO CLUE how that happened, but I do know the lawyers in this town are very, very, very unhappy. You should see them politely trying to dumb down what they are saying and sort of "remedial educate" the judges as they "defend" their clients. LOL.

Anna

Now would be a great time to put in that order. The thunder that you liked is 50% off.

• Optimistic
    Reactions: stols001

Burnie

The Bug Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida

Anna

Now would be a great time to put in that order. The thunder that you liked is 50% off.
    So True @hittman , in the last year I haven't seen it this low on price. I marked it on my calendar to remind me to keep an eye out for the sale next year, I think I might have enough coming to last till then, as I only use the Thunder Raspberry in the evening. Hoping someone has the General Mint on sale later in the year 10 + 5 free, that seems to be the best time to get it price wise.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Crud. I can't. I really have to get confirmation of my start date and THEN I'd have to talk the husband into it. Oh well, it will be what it is. I mean, I don't want to shove 6 months of snus onto a credit card and then get told I'm starting in November/not at all etc. I mean, the last thing is unlikely but that's what I said about the first job, although to be fair, I was working with the wrong information. But yeah, think I will wait. Given that I can get enough snus for 15 bucks per week in my State. Etc. (I still have much of what you sent! Saving it for stressful first week! LOL).

Anna

Reactions: hittman

Pikeybarsteward

Verified Member
    Aug 21, 2011
    UK
    Pikey, incidentally, 25 pounds of nasal snuff? Are you having snuff parties? LOL Writing that my mind flipped to snuff films. Anyway, do you expect to use that much in a lifetime?

I had about a year to prepare for the EU Tobacco Products Directive. it was clear to me early on that Indian snuff was going to become unavailable for sale within the EU . It was also clear that EU makers were going to cut back their homegrown ranges to offset new 'registration' charges .
    I was pretty belligerent about the whole affair and set about to slowly store a few years worth of my favoured snuffs ...almost all of which were under threat .
    In the final run up to the deadline vast quantities of snuff were offloaded in the UK for actual pennies ...real crazy prices ...so I acquired a chunk more then for basically nothing .
    I m expecting 10 to 20 percent waste by the end of that stash , mostly in the waterbased British made snuff . For the most part I focused on stuff that would keep .

Fortunately for all of us , Mr Snuff moved his Global resale operation out to the Isle of Man recently , which is beyond the reach of EU and US tobacco busybodies :) . At one stage it looked pretty bleak .

I really enjoy exploring snuff so I think I ve still spent 150-200 dollars on snuff
    this year . I recently bought 400 grams of that Sixphoto MG Madras , which is the best new snuff I ve tried in years . I could dip it , snus it , eat it , smoke it , vape it and even bathe in it ...before my inevitable death from nicotine poisoning :) .

Burnie

The Bug Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    Buysnus had it 40% off on the same sale you just bought from. I don't know if that would have been worth it or not.
    Last I got at 10 + 5 was
    General White Mint (8mg per portion) ($1.96) x15 = $29.47

BuySnus is at $26.16 for 10, so $2.62 a can + shipping comes to $3.36 a can for 5 rolls, which is not a bad price, but I have 44 cans in the freezer right now, so I will wait for a better price on the mint. :)

Burnie

The Bug Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    I would think that we are overdue for the 10+5 sale. I don't remember the last time that was run.
    End of January was the last I saw, but I seem to remember there were a couple the end of the 2017 that I didn't take advantage of, Thanksgiving or Christmas I think, maybe both.

Burnie

The Bug Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    I have bought from them before with no issues. The shipping wasn't quite as fast as snuscentral but it was ok. I saw that sale but I'm fully stocked right now.
    Shipping was great. Ordered Monday afternoon, Shipped Tuesday, Delivered today (Thursday) before 1PM. I think that's about as good as it gets. :)

NicotineRush

Linux Mint/Mate
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 1, 2008
    Living 'Off Grid'
    @Burnie. Agreed. Mine usually takes only 3 days. The only problem I occasionally encounter is with US customs. Package will get stuck waiting for an inspector. I watch the tracking and if I see this happening, I call UPS and complain that my item is temp sensitive and it usually gets sent right out. I also mention that I've been getting the same item/s from this company for 20 years or so. Seems to work.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I knew I needed a new garage door and opener for a while now so I finally had a company come yesterday and price one out for me. It'll be all new rails, torsion spring, and insulating strip around the door opening along with a new quiet opener. My current door and opener could wake the dead. Not to mention it's an old wood insulated door and is rotting on the bottom panel.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    The live in came home with this from a thrift store. Have no idea how old it might be but it's a full tin.
    Railroad Mills Sweet Scotch Snuff.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread