hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    A few weeks ago we had below zero temperatures and the humidifier on the furnace was running a lot. I’m not sure if it’s what caused it but the Sheetrock cracked under one of the windows in my daughters room. I am just getting around to fixing it. I’m horrible at Sheetrock repairs. I cut out the surface tape and mudded and taped it today. I only had spackle at home so went and bought a tub of joint compound and some tape. I hope it comes out fairly decent. I had to cut out a piece in the living room wall one time and it didn’t come out perfect so my wife occasionally reminds me of that.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Good luck with that. It's hard to deal with unless you have a lot of experience, at least in my experience. I'm glad I don't give a s*** anymore. I would like to get the kitchen redone as it's falling apart but all the old appliances would need to be replaced and the way the live in stuffs things in there, the new one would soon look like the old one. All the doors should be replaced as the house was built on a lot of fill and the settling has put them all out of line. There's a steel door between the LR and the garage that is tough to open and close due to the alignment. There's also a 2 foot crack running from the trim on that door that I keep looking at and thinking I'll fix it tomorrow.

There was an old Pennsylvania Dutch comedian from years ago what told the story about a leak in his roof. He was asked why he hadn't fixed it by a visitor and he replied, "Well, when it's raining, it's too miserable to fix and when it's not, it's just as good as any man's house", in his dutch-ified voice.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I got the tape on with a base coat and did the first cover coat and couldn't find my sanding block. My wife uses it on occasion so she looked for it too. Neither of us could find it so we finally gave up and she went and bought a new one. I know it's in the house/garage somewhere but neither of us can locate it. Tonight I'm going to sand and see if it needs another coat before painting.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    How's that sanding going Hitt?

Well your Midwestern snow has finally reached us in March, three days straight. First was 3-4", second definitely 4" and the current one they're saying 5-8" plus perhaps. It was supposed to start around noon, then 5 PM. Snowing good now. I'm going to try to stay ahead of it on my front deck because I cleaned off the first inch and it was heavy.

The live in told me to pick up some onions and mushrooms this morning when I went to the mart to get dog bones. I got home and she says "I should have had you pick up a few other things". So off she goes to the grocery store. Then around 4:30 she said, "Did you pick up any cheese, I want to make cheese steaks. So off in the snow I went. Fortunately I got there and back before it started sticking. It wouldn't be so bad if we lived in town but it's a 25 mile minimum round trip to the store.

Reactions: stols001

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I got the sanding and painting done. It actually came out good enough that my wife said that it looks good.

We got a few inches of snow overnight and it’s single digits headed below zero tonight. The next seven days doesn’t look good either. I’m ready for this crap to end.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    I hear you. I kept after my front porch until 1:30 then couldn't get back to a decent sleep. Went out at 5:30 or so and started blowing and finished up around 8:45. I did do my neighbors 20 yard driveway since he was not around and he'd never have gotten in the end of his drive. The plows had our drives a good 2 1/2 foot high with snow and gravel. Wish they'd decide to pave our mile of gravel about now. The snow is bad enough but trying to keep the shear bolts un-sheared with hidden branches that broke off in the storm is a challenge.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I don't envy you trying to clear a gravel drive. We didn't end up getting near as much as was in the forecast. I couldn't believe school was cancelled again today. I never remember them getting as many snow days as they have this year.

The Rebel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    6 years without a smoke today. Hard to believe that A. I haven't cheated even once in that time although I've been tempted many times and B. I made it this far without killing someone or going back to smoking. I think I got it licked boys! Another thing dawned on me as I pondered the last 6 years being smoke free. All three of my 18650 batteries I bought back when I got my dna box are still going strong. They have to be at least five years old. I've replaced the wrap on them twice now and they just don't seem to be dying. Still hold a good charge for more than 24 hours. Amazing. One of these days one of them is gonna blow my face off and I'll still be like "but it lasted a really long time doctor". :D

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Congrats Rebel! If you track anything like me, those urges will become none existent, I can't remember the last time I even had one. I used to carry a little oval container I bought at CVS to hold some snuff for an emergency. I carried it at least two years I never pulled it out and at least two since I even carried it. I'd have to do some searching to possibly find it at this point.

Reactions: hittman

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Just learned something today. My experiences with batteries has been they either work or fail. I learned they can get real weak in a remote. I was trying to negotiate around my smart tv and I'd have to push a button anywhere from 3 to a half dozen times before it took. I figured I was aiming wrong or something. Sometimes it moved after 3 pushes then ten and then back to 4.

I finally thought about it and started wondering, opened it up and saw they were Sony batteries so they were as old as the TV which I think I've had for at least a couple years although I hardly ever use the remote. Works great with fresh batteries. The old ones read just over 1 volt, I'm surprised they worked at all.

Waho

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 22, 2010
    Michigan
    I think I'm finally done helping my brother move.

Last weekend I brought my truck to his old place and moved his very limited amount of furniture to his new loft across town (GR to Kentwood, for Rebel =P). He didn't have much in the way of heavy/awkward furniture, but his choice of a 3rd floor unit made it rather difficult.

Yesterday he came to my place near Flint early, we loaded up my brother, my wife, my brother in law and I into the truck and made the journey to IKEA in Detroit. Ended up being in IKEA for 4 hours essentially furnishing my brothers apartment, my wife and I grabbing a few things, and my brother in law tagging along for the meatballs/experience.

Made our way back to Flint to drop off the brother in law, and since the boxes wouldn't fit in my brothers car, my wife and I made the drive to Grand Rapids. We got all the stuff assembled and by the time we made it home, with the time change, it was 4am.

First time I've seen most of the 69/96 corridor in a single day.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread