What's under your lip/in your nose right now? - Part 2

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Sulfur burbs taste like egg when you burp. I knew immediately what was happening when it started. I'm just happy it was only coming out one end this time. I had it maybe three years ago which it turned out was much worse.

I basically slept it off today but I was totally drained. Feeling pretty normal now and had a regular dinner tonight. It was definitely one of those 24/48 hour things.

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Sulfur burbs taste like egg when you burp. I knew immediately what was happening when it started. I'm just happy it was only coming out one end this time. I had it maybe three years ago which it turned out was much worse.

I basically slept it off today but I was totally drained. Feeling pretty normal now and had a regular dinner tonight. It was definitely one of those 24/48 hour things.

That sounds pretty unpleasant. Do you know what causes it?

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    There are a number of causes they've talked about, most common is what they call a stomach flu which can be caused by a variety of causes. There are also stomach viruses with are transmitted person to person. They normally last 24-48 hours. I was feeling a little off for a couple days before the first rotten egg burb which told me something wasn't right. I might have saved me some misery had I taken some Pepto Bismol pills on first sign but really never thought about it.

There are other things like indigestion, GERD, gastritis Peptic ulceror infecitions like Helicobacter pylori and giardia. I also heard Crohn's disease can also have the same symptoms. If I had it more frequently or for longer periods of time, I might get it checked out but I pretty well knew that within a day or so it would be gone.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Hitt, why would your business be seasonal? Is there more welding during the warm months?

Had a fire going all day, returned to late winter again. I was just about out of wood in the house and reloaded this AM when the temp in here dropped to a winter like 63. I haven't worked on the deck for a week now with the weather. Between getting sick and the weather it's just sitting there.

Did spend a couple hours pulling leaves out of the pond. Did a lot in the fall but there still is a bunch of yuk in there. Lots of snails in the stuff I pull up so I go thru it looking for them and returning them to the environment. There were also a couple of young pollywogs in the muck. The frogs have been busy. There might be more of them than fish at this point. I almost stepped on one cleaning the filter a couple days ago.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Hitt, why would your business be seasonal? Is there more welding during the warm months?

Had a fire going all day, returned to late winter again. I was just about out of wood in the house and reloaded this AM when the temp in here dropped to a winter like 63. I haven't worked on the deck for a week now with the weather. Between getting sick and the weather it's just sitting there.

Did spend a couple hours pulling leaves out of the pond. Did a lot in the fall but there still is a bunch of yuk in there. Lots of snails in the stuff I pull up so I go thru it looking for them and returning them to the environment. There were also a couple of young pollywogs in the muck. The frogs have been busy. There might be more of them than fish at this point. I almost stepped on one cleaning the filter a couple days ago.

It usually slows down a little in the winter months. Probably not as much new construction in the winter I guess. I’ve never had a slow period like I did last month. Usually things pick back up in March and by April I’m 1-2 weeks behind and it usually lasts until November at least. I have noticed that we’ve been selling new machines like crazy. Maybe more people are buying new instead of repairing old stuff. I’m not sure what the cause is but know I don’t like it. I like to stay busy and make the day pass quickly. I’m not good at making up stuff to do.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    You're not the only one. When I was running the HQ of our International Division the days flew. We had over 500 employees, a ton of which were VPs or other heads of something, everyone felt they were the most important people in the world. There was always something to do. We had something like 10 people supporting the entire group- programming, PC hardware and network. Busy

Then when they folded us into the Domestic all but the programming aspect went to the 2,000 IT staff that domestic had, layers and layers of corporate sludge. It was kind of okay when I had the task of rolling out a sales force automation project but it was more from and administration basis and a lot of international travel.

Then I became part of that sludge- meetings, meetings, meetings with nothing really getting done. Couldn't wait to get out.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Got word the afternoon that they were having a mass vaccine shoot up tomorrow at one of the local HSs and the guy that heard about it sent me the link. I had checked and there's a number of months waiting list so I decided I might as well sign up but there were 28 pages to fill out so I had to wait until I got back from poker.

Worked my way through the pages and got to the last one, scheduling the appointment. THERE WERE NO OPENINGS LEFT! Now first, why wouldn't they have closed down the registration after they had filled the time slots and, second, why wouldn't they have saved the 27 pages and notified me the next time they were having an event.

I had checked on my country yesterday and there months of waiting. Now I'm back to saying screw it, I won't bother.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Got word the afternoon that they were having a mass vaccine shoot up tomorrow at one of the local HSs and the guy that heard about it sent me the link. I had checked and there's a number of months waiting list so I decided I might as well sign up but there were 28 pages to fill out so I had to wait until I got back from poker.

Worked my way through the pages and got to the last one, scheduling the appointment. THERE WERE NO OPENINGS LEFT! Now first, why wouldn't they have closed down the registration after they had filled the time slots and, second, why wouldn't they have saved the 27 pages and notified me the next time they were having an event.

I had checked on my country yesterday and there months of waiting. Now I'm back to saying screw it, I won't bother.

That’s ridiculous! In the last month they have really ramped up the amount of places giving shots here. That and I think it’s open to all age groups now.

• Agree
    Reactions: pt91

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 17, 2012
    NYC
    Sunday ready...
    20210418_093249.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: The Rebel

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I saw that northerner was offering free shipping on orders over 100 the other day but between their limited selection and the general mint being overpriced on their site it's just hard to put an order together there. I'm staying stocked up well enough on mint that I should be able to wait until there's another special with free cans. I have been using a fair amount of jakobsson strong mint but have kind of slacked off on the melon besides the occasional portion. I haven't tried anything new since I got a couple cans of mansoft quite a while back. I look at the sales but for the most part nothing looks interesting in the new stuff.

• Agree
    Reactions: Burnie

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Get any snow out there Hitt? It feels like winter here today and tomorrow. I have a long area of trees that I used to clear out as part of my yard although there's no grass. I've let it go the last five or so as it was a lot of work getting rid of the leaves and such.

Well the gf decided it should be cleaned up. It is filled with broken limbs and sticky bushes which makes getting the leaves blown across the old farmland stone "fence". We got two thirds of the area cleared of the leaves, exposing the broken limbs and I weeded away the sticky bushes down to ground level and raked them over the wall. They've been invading the yard for awhile now and are brutal to deal with. I don't mind the raspberry bushes, at least you get something from them. I might try to transplant some foliage I have growing in the woods in the front back into that area, It seems to be expanding in the woods and may eventually cover that area keeping out the other stuff so only broken limbs need to be dealt with.

There are quite a few Japanese maple saplings I found. I might dig them out and pot them to see how they develop. They seem young, maybe a couple years old but I hate the idea of mowing them down.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Get any snow out there Hitt? It feels like winter here today and tomorrow. I have a long area of trees that I used to clear out as part of my yard although there's no grass. I've let it go the last five or so as it was a lot of work getting rid of the leaves and such.

Well the gf decided it should be cleaned up. It is filled with broken limbs and sticky bushes which makes getting the leaves blown across the old farmland stone "fence". We got two thirds of the area cleared of the leaves, exposing the broken limbs and I weeded away the sticky bushes down to ground level and raked them over the wall. They've been invading the yard for awhile now and are brutal to deal with. I don't mind the raspberry bushes, at least you get something from them. I might try to transplant some foliage I have growing in the woods in the front back into that area, It seems to be expanding in the woods and may eventually cover that area keeping out the other stuff so only broken limbs need to be dealt with.

There are quite a few Japanese maple saplings I found. I might dig them out and pot them to see how they develop. They seem young, maybe a couple years old but I hate the idea of mowing them down.

We did get a heavy snow with big flakes yesterday morning but it melted by the time I got off work.

firechick

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 24, 2009
    Upstate New York
    Still snowing here. Builds up enough to make the roads crap and then melts and then snows more. I had to wrap all my fruit trees. They were already in full bloom. Wish nature would make up her mind. High sixties and seventies for a long time and then below freezing and snow. What a crazy spring, even for NY.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Still snowing here. Builds up enough to make the roads crap and then melts and then snows more. I had to wrap all my fruit trees. They were already in full bloom. Wish nature would make up her mind. High sixties and seventies for a long time and then below freezing and snow. What a crazy spring, even for NY.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Its good to hear from you FC. I haven't seen you on the forum in a while. Other than the snow being a pain, is everything else going ok?

Reactions: firechick

Users who are viewing this thread