What's under your lip/in your nose right now? - Part 2

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Waho, then you said at retirement, the company matches your funds in a health account as opposed to your retirement account which would be much better. If it was matching in your retirement account, you could use it for other things as well as medical needs. With Medicare, you only have a supplemental to pay for since you've been paying into Medicare your entire career. My current supplemental costs $85/month which includes drug coverage.

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I was really aggravated when I got to work this morning. My boss was supposed to be gone to a meeting all week and we are already short handed so I felt like I couldn't take a vacation day today to help my oldest move. I got to work and he was here and cancelled his trip and didn't say anything. I asked the office manager and he said he just cancelled it late Friday. Would have been nice if he had let everyone know. He's good at running the business but not great at managing people and communicating what's going on.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Well that sucks Hitt. Hopefully she managed on her own. I assume they have furnished apartments where she's going but I know there's a lot of stuff that you move with.

My wife took a bunch of stuff from home and went to help her. The boyfriends dad and a couple other people that live there helped too. It isn’t furnished but we sent a chair and I’m not sure what else they have. They had roommates at the last place so this is their first apartment on their own. There’s always thrift stores and stuff if they don’t want to buy new.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    We always had furnished apartments. That's why I figured they'd be furnished. Thrift stores were always great for picking stuff up. Got a bit pricey around here lately. When I was volunteering they had great deals but that was approaching ten years ago at this point, maybe more.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    We always had furnished apartments. That's why I figured they'd be furnished. Thrift stores were always great for picking stuff up. Got a bit pricey around here lately. When I was volunteering they had great deals but that was approaching ten years ago at this point, maybe more.

The one moving is our oldest that graduated college a couple years ago.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    LOL, yeah, you did write "oldest". I don't know why I thought of the younger one. It's not time for school to start although around here it's felt like it. It's a challenge right now to last another six days without the heat being turned on or having a fire. It's going to be a challenge as highs are in the low 60s and lows in the 40s after the rain today. It was warm during the day and the temp in here right now is 68. We'll see.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    LOL, yeah, you did write "oldest". I don't know why I thought of the younger one. It's not time for school to start although around here it's felt like it. It's a challenge right now to last another six days without the heat being turned on or having a fire. It's going to be a challenge as highs are in the low 60s and lows in the 40s after the rain today. It was warm during the day and the temp in here right now is 68. We'll see.

My wife can’t put up with heat or cold. We go straight from AC to furnace to AC and sometimes both in the same day.

The Rebel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Had to make my fall snus order yesterday so out came the calculator and a way I went. I went to six different snus sites and priced out three rolls. All of them were right around $150 including shipping which figured out to about $5 a can (thanks Joe Biden) But then I checked my old stand by snus site Snus24, $3.27 a can with an extra 10% off if you bought a roll. $122 for three rolls shipped so I bought an extra roll and the total was the same as the other sites buying only 3 rolls. Just got my email confirming shipping with the tracking and it should be here by Friday. I'll be set for the winter now.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Had to make my fall snus order yesterday so out came the calculator and a way I went. I went to six different snus sites and priced out three rolls. All of them were right around $150 including shipping which figured out to about $5 a can (thanks Joe Biden) But then I checked my old stand by snus site Snus24, $3.27 a can with an extra 10% off if you bought a roll. $122 for three rolls shipped so I bought an extra roll and the total was the same as the other sites buying only 3 rolls. Just got my email confirming shipping with the tracking and it should be here by Friday. I'll be set for the winter now.

I can't remember if I ever ordered from them or not. I'm sitting pretty good. I've been getting my jakobsson mint and melon from Northerner since they started free shipping. I haven't needed General in quite a while so it's been some time since I've ordered from Sweden.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa

I came in at $4.04 on 6 rolls of General Mint when I ran a test order. That was $.17/can cheaper than a test run on Snuscentral though

The Rebel

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 15, 2010
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    I came in at $4.04 on 6 rolls of General Mint when I ran a test order. That was $.17/can cheaper than a test run on Snuscentral though

I just got an email from them with a 20% discount code off everything for Halloween which is "Halloween20". And I received my order today and it was all good, nice and fresh unlike some of the stuff I got through other sites.

On another note, I started tearing apart my kitchen cabinets to repaint them. First time for me and so far it's turning out to be a daunting task. But I'm a cheap ....... so I'll see it through to the bitter end. Being wood stained I did a test panel to see how the oil based primer would cover. I cleaned and sanded one door and then primed it. Looked like crap but the paint rep assured me the finish paint would even it out. But it didn't so to the interwebs I went for advice. The majority of these places that refinish cabinets use sprayers to get a nice even coat so I ended up buying a nice airless sprayer. I have to say it's a game changer. Primer coat went one nice and smooth and the first coat of finish I did today turned out very good. So I set up a paint room in my garage, tarped everything and made sure I have good ventilation. Now comes the disassembling of the rest of the cabinets. Should be a fun time...(roll eyes)

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I just got an email from them with a 20% discount code off everything for Halloween which is "Halloween20". And I received my order today and it was all good, nice and fresh unlike some of the stuff I got through other sites.

On another note, I started tearing apart my kitchen cabinets to repaint them. First time for me and so far it's turning out to be a daunting task. But I'm a cheap ....... so I'll see it through to the bitter end. Being wood stained I did a test panel to see how the oil based primer would cover. I cleaned and sanded one door and then primed it. Looked like crap but the paint rep assured me the finish paint would even it out. But it didn't so to the interwebs I went for advice. The majority of these places that refinish cabinets use sprayers to get a nice even coat so I ended up buying a nice airless sprayer. I have to say it's a game changer. Primer coat went one nice and smooth and the first coat of finish I did today turned out very good. So I set up a paint room in my garage, tarped everything and made sure I have good ventilation. Now comes the disassembling of the rest of the cabinets. Should be a fun time...(roll eyes)

That's a big project you've taken on. People I've known that painted their cabinets had issues with the paint peeling some time afterwards.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    How deep are we into this painting of cabinets rather that wood stained cabinets? I've noticed everything is painted now but are they close ti moving back again? I think I'll keep living with my falling apart cabinets and, if I live long ebough for the next trend, I'll have the kitchen everyone wants. lol

In the meantime, I moved 4 or 5 trees today, in pieces of course. The bar that I run poker out of has been cutting down all the trees around his parking lot and he offered the wood to me. I loaded and unloaded three trailers worth before the rains came. There will be a lot more where they came from.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I'm waiting until the youngest is done with college then we can talk about new cabinets and countertops for the kitchen. I think my wife would like an entire renovation but that could turn out to be a lot. The people across the street from us are having their kitchen done and had a wall torn out. The contractors have been going for about six weeks so far.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Forgot to mention, came up three days short of getting to Nov without a fire. It didn't get above 55 today and real windy. I feel toasty at 67 degrees.

My wife would be freezing if it was 67 in our house. She keeps it on 71 for heat.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Well it took me almost 74 years but I finally fried a small engine. Don't tell me you get smarter in your old age. lol I had that feeling that I should check the oil and I didn't follow up on it and it seized on Monday. I tried a few things from YouTube but no luck. Fortunately the engine is available but it's going to take a while to get here. They're probably sitting somewhere in the Pacific right now. I was so close to finishing too. It's never too late to learn a lesson.

Users who are viewing this thread