Where is the most daring place you have ever vaped openly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last Friday I had jury duty, I told the officers I had an e-cig (Sentinel M16) before I put it through the x-ray machine. I could see a few were skeptical so I took it apart and opened my carrying case that had my juice and spare batts and gave a brief explanation about it all. They had plenty of questions about everything and about 5 mins into the conversation I realized I had been vaping right in front of them :oops: .
I did have enough sense to take out the battery before I entered an actual courtroom.
The vape gods must have been looking out for me, I didn't get picked to serve as a juror.

jow350

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Pennsylvania, USA
Before I give my list, let me clarify that I carry around either a SVD or Sigelei ZMax, usually topped with a Protank, on a lanyard around my neck, so there's no way anybody would ever confuse it with a cigarette. I stealth vape, so there is usually no or very little vapor on exhale, and I never vape while I am close enough to other people who could then smell it. I look for trouble, not sure why :glare:, so here it goes:
- At movie theaters, even in front of staff in the lobby, never got even a second look.
- At the hospital ER, twice now. People and staff noticed, nobody really reacted, good or bad, or said a thing to me.
- At school functions. Last time was at a tobacco free high school for a football game, walked by 2 security guards and made sure they saw me vaping. One of them took a quick look, then went on his way without any reaction.
- At every restaurant I go to. Never had a negative reaction, a few waiters/waitresses asked me about them because they were smokers and heard good things about them.
I vape anywhere and everywhere, indoor and out, and I have yet to get any negative reactions. A few folks have asked me what it was (what the hell is that thing around your neck?), I tell them it's a personal vaping device, usually starting a friendly conversation. Started numerous conversations with smokers that way, always end up giving advice on where to get more info or where to get hardware, I hope I got a few new vapers started...

Oh, and I don't go to Starbucks, rather spend my money on vaping than overpriced caffeine...

Last edited:

VV_James

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
Austin, TX
www.ValueVapor.com
Would you believe that the electronicstix.com Layton store is right next to Starbucks.

I heard somewhere (hell, probably here) that Starbucks was planning on introducing their own brand of e-cig.

Wonder if that's true, and if so will it cause a change in their no vaping policy???

jow350

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Pennsylvania, USA
I heard somewhere (hell, probably here) that Starbucks was planning on introducing their own brand of e-cig.

Wonder if that's true, and if so will it cause a change in their no vaping policy???

I saw another thread about replacing nicotine with caffeine, I have a feeling starbuck's ecig will answer that question...

VV_James

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
Austin, TX
www.ValueVapor.com
I saw another thread about replacing nicotine with caffeine, I have a feeling starbuck's ecig will answer that question...

Hummmmm.......
That's certainly interesting, but I'm a HEAVY coffee drinker, and an even heavier vaper...
I know from personal experience that one cannot replace the cravings for the other!
No SIR!

Nuh-uh!!

WCSR

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Earth
In the champagne room at the dollhouse in Fort Lauderdale!
girls-girls-girls-sign-150x150.jpg

but I quit flying since TSA has officially gone full ......, lol.
Robert-Downey-Jr.-Kirk-Lazarus-Tropic-Thunder-150x150.jpg

Standing on the sidewalk directly outside of a Starbucks.
;)
smug.jpg

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA

Starbucks baffles me. The market a line of frappuccino drinks through Coca Cola, but get all huffy if you try to buy one directly from them. I think they stopped selling them at their outlets ...

I will continue to vape openly at Starbucks, blowing my vapor across the top of the cup, as if to cool the coffee. Works every time, even if one of their stuffy "baristas" is looking directly at me. I even had one apologize for making my coffee "too hot", and he offered some ice. I politely declined, said I like it scalding hot ...

People "see" what their brain interprets from the eyes. A little misdirection goes a long way ...

VV_James

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
Austin, TX
www.ValueVapor.com
Starbucks baffles me. The market a line of frappuccino drinks through Coca Cola, but get all huffy if you try to buy one directly from them. I think they stopped selling them at their outlets ...

I will continue to vape openly at Starbucks, blowing my vapor across the top of the cup, as if to cool the coffee. Works every time, even if one of their stuffy "baristas" is looking directly at me. I even had one apologize for making my coffee "too hot", and he offered some ice. I politely declined, said I like it scalding hot ...

People "see" what their brain interprets from the eyes. A little misdirection goes a long way ...

A FINE example of Stealth Vaping Expertise!!
It all comes down to misdirection!!

video-game-background-animated-GIF-7.gif

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
well seeing as I spent most of yesterday in the hospital I was sneaking vapes in the ER waiting room and in my bed waiting on the docs

what sucks is when you have 3 cig-a-likes that all freaking die on you (no pun intended) while in the hospital...damn those things and their short batteries.
:lol: code blue code blue bring the paddles.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread