The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Which pod system?

Discussion in 'Vape Pod Systems' started by Dave Lewin, Feb 17, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Dave Lewin

Dave Lewin Full Member

Feb 1, 2019
    Toronto, Canada
    Which is your favorite pod system today and why?

2. Foggy Road

Foggy Road Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2015
    Garland,TX
    Renovah Zero. Reason being is that it is the only one I've tried. Works well for me with its auto temp control, 3 power levels and no leakage.
    The one con for it is that it's draw activated, with no inbuilt air flow adjustment. The draw is so open that I nearly trashed the thing until I figgered out a hack to tighten it up to a suitable MTL draw for me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. ArminF

ArminF Senior Member

Nov 28, 2018
    Switzerland
    Zero - warm vape (3 Heat options), speed loading, ceramic coils (and cheap), draw not to tight and easy to refill.

Will try the PAL 2 system next.
    Did try lots of them. All had less flavor and did not "qualify" my needs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. dennism

dennism Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 18, 2015
    Maryland
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. SonnyCooL

SonnyCooL Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 12, 2018
    i still using my icare 2 and icare solo (first gen pods), it work without gimmick, give me good MTL and nice hit with nic salt .... best part it still working after 2 year :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. United States

United States Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 17, 2018
    RVA
    Zero for me. Really smooth. Temp control keeps the vape nice and consistant too. Stealth master too.

I just won a ROTA and gotta say it aint bad. Not bad at all. Reminds me of the Sourin Air but better. Gets a bit warm if chain vaping and makes a pop sound at times. But it's a spinner so there is that.

The original EQ is pretty good at producing vaper thanks to a sub ohm coil pack. Good flavor, nice and quiet. Yet if chain vaping the lack of temp control becomes apparent.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I have yet to find one that doesn’t have some sort of fairly unpleasant long term issue, be it cost or lack of nicotine reduction options or a strangely precipitous drop in the quality of replacement pods.
    So far as I can tell more traditional vaping systems are still beating them stupid. Except in size of course.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. tdman77

tdman77 Senior Member

Jan 12, 2019
    ChiTown USA
    GeekVape Flint. Not really a pod but just as small or smaller. Coils are much cheaper than pods. Any you can us it on any VW mod.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. override137

override137 Full Member

Mar 8, 2019
    I've got a couple of old icares and they're awesome for a backup, but just wait until you upgrade, the flavor you can get out of nic salts just doesn't come through on an icare

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. danielpm

danielpm Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 23, 2012
    Braga, Portugal
    Hi guys. This might sound weird, but which pod systems have a easy automatic draw? I mean, that you dont have to push to hard to activate it

11. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I think the term you are looking for is airy. You want an airy automatic switch. I think, anyway.

12. P3ch3

P3ch3 Super Member

Jan 31, 2019
    San Jose Costa Rica
    surin drop, air also, Tesla Tpod and rolo badge, im wondering about another smok novo, but this 3 babes keep me satisfied..
    all i can say ... i love their shape, flavor and cloud, so wouldn't even bother to try other one...

Regards

13. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I like the original innokin EQ and the lost vape orion go with dna.

14. danielpm

Mar 23, 2012
    Braga, Portugal
    Nope, I prefer a tight airflow for MTL. I just want to not have to suck bananas to get it to work.

15. Brewdawg1181

Brewdawg1181 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    Best I've found is the Hcigar Akso, but now I can't find pods. Although they just released a new version, the Akso OS, so maybe that's why they weren't distributing pods. Odd, though, because it looks like it's the same pod, and I think they're compatible with each other. I hope the new one works well, and that they sell the prefilled pods for it. I still use my rta, but fell in love with their ice mint, and even the nutty tobacco flavors. They're outstanding - the best juices I've ever tasted that aren't my diy.

I can't tell you a good one, but I can say that I really liked the Vaporesso Renova Zero, and was disappointed only with the issue you're concerned with. You have to draw too hard to activate it. All the others I'm using now have a fire button, but I would prefer automatic.

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. P3ch3

P3ch3 Super Member

Jan 31, 2019
    San Jose Costa Rica
    then suorin air is for ya

• Like Like x 1
  17. bombastinator

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    While I attempt valiantly to scrub that mental image from my mind (kudos btw) what it sounds like you want is both low air flow AND low vacuum pressure for activation on an automatic. I’ve vaped cigalikes from long ago that had these dual characteristics. There were big problems.

Specifically the combination requires a VERY sensitive vacuum switch. So sensitive that things like light breezes and low pressure weather systems set it off spontaneously.

Trust me you do not want this. PITA doesn’t even cover it.

You might be able to make it go with a combination system where you have an on/off button with an automatic cutoff timer to arm the vacuum switch.

• Like Like x 1
  18. danielpm

Mar 23, 2012
    Braga, Portugal
    :) . Makes sense. Guess I will forget the auto switch. I also used cigalikes (9 years ago?) and if the auto switches continues the "same", I will pass :)

19. Brewdawg1181

Brewdawg1181 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    I'm not forgetting the auto draw, as these small ones really should be automatic. Akso's is fine. Juul is sensitive enough. It can be done, and is being done. Uwell's new one has the option of auto or button firing. I'm just waiting a little to get the right device with auto.

• Like Like x 1
  20. jandrew

jandrew Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2013
    Winnipeg
    Vaporesso Nexus has a pretty easy draw-activated switch, uses replaceable coils (regular or CCell, both 1-ohm), and has airflow control from tight to loose MTL.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.